ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie a Warrior!

Go start up a gofundme for him then. Theres no guarantee what his value is going to be coming back. Likely recovering most of the season. Rare anyone comes back to form after that injury. 5mil for maybe a half a season of playing and a ring to go with it. Its the opposite of stupid.

Why didn't LeBron just sign with GS?

You are a fan but can you honestly say this is healthy for the future of the league?

I won't even watch an NBA game next year. Why? It's all irrelevant. Sort of makes the GS dynasty irrelevant to some degree for some odd reason.

Reactions: EastKYWildcat
Ha, that's my favorite part about this. Not sure GSW fans even realize that this is damn near impossible to keep going. You can't underpay everyone. Boogie HAD to take this money. Klay wants max..

At some point.. yes, Golden State won't be able to skirt the salary cap. They won't have 4 players making $10-15 million less than what they should.

Lol...poor warriors... one day, they wont be the beat team in the league and possibly history of the nba. They should disband the team now to save for that future let down.

It will be interesting to see TV viewership during the regular season. I already don't have the attention span for 82 games.. especially when my team is going to be a top3 seed regardless. I'm not sure who is going to tune in much now, at least not until the playoffs.

Not sure what they NBA can do. Hard to fix a game where just 1 or 2 players can alter the entire landscape. I think they should find away to stop players from taking far less paycuts. In the event of Cousins, the other 29 teams should have been able to counter bid that $5.3 Million in some fashion.

I'm sure ever other team would have GLADLY taken Cousins for 1-year $5 million. Some teams would have done 1-year and probably $15 million. And that's the problem.

So...you think free agents shouldnt be able to decide where they go? Wow.

And you're ok with it now cause it's your team. I already said if it was Houston I'd cheer and relish a title or two.. But while fully accepting that Houston is creating an unfair advantage.

Stop comparing this to desk jobs, also. Why are people doing that? This is entertainment, that's the business. Fans won't watch games if it's TOO one sided. "work conditions"? OK lol. Also, side argument.. You're very much so underselling pay as it pertains to work conditions. Not that it matters much for this argument.. Because again.. Comparing the NBA to mopping kitchens isn't a good argument. No one, certainly not me, is blaming a. The players or b. The organization for trying to fabricate titles this way... Instead it's the NBA who needs to address it.

Salary caps were put in place for a reason. The NBA needs some sort of balance. Golden State has side stepped that.

What unfair advantage did they create? Drafting good players?

Youre just a butt hurt rockets fan. Your team is overpaying for chris paul. Chris paul will never win a title. I know it, you know it deep down..and youre butt hurt over it.

It’d been better if he had went to the warriors and somehow because of an earthquake they look se on his missed shot in final game to like Orlando or something

Why didn't LeBron just sign with GS?

You are a fan but can you honestly say this is healthy for the future of the league?

I won't even watch an NBA game next year. Why? It's all irrelevant. Sort of makes the GS dynasty irrelevant to some degree for some odd reason.

Cant afford him and hes not a need that needs to be addressed. Warriors arent a Lebron type team either...Lebron needs to be the forward, the pg, the coach, the gm, etc. GSW isnt ran that way.

The best eras of the league have been eras of dynasties. What it needs is a yin to its yang though imo. Cavs couldve been that imo. The league would love to have Lebron carrying the torch of a dynasty. Cakewalk to the finals each year, arguably best player in the league, etc but Lebron ran off Kyrie and is a ultimately a terrible acting GM who has hung himself personnel wise time and time again.

Plus, no one knows Cousins potential if and when he comes back. Warriors took a risk (a very small one) that could pay off BIG. Thats smart management. Cousins said he got basically no other offers. He was there for the taking. Lots of bad bad franchises right now, GS isnt one of them.

Last edited:
How did Lebron "run off" Kyrie?

Talking to him like a schoolchild
Making him play off the ball
Never crediting him for anything including winning the finals after Lebron disappeared.
Not a good relationship between the two
Kyrie couldnt wait to get out.

Gotta ask yourself why great players werent flocking to Cleveland all those years to play with him. Since everyone is a ring chaser nowadays, why not go there? A lock for the finals, playing with the best player in the league, etc.

Last edited:
There is one more angle here.

When was Boogie happiest? When he was at UK. Why?

1) Boogie just wants to win. He cares.
2) he had a coach that understood him and a team committed to playing together to achieve a goal

Kentucky had all that, and the Warriors kinda offer the same thing. If he had accepted he was going to have to wait to get paid until next season AND prove his injury wasn't career limiting ..... being happy is important to Boogie. Kerr doesn't throw his players under the bus, the Warriors play together, the essentially are the best situation for him.

The Celtics and Brad Steven's might have been the only other consideration with the same chemistry, coaching, and winning attitude.

So whichever team extended the offer and convinced Boogie they would treat him right got him.

I'll be pulling for the Celtics and Pelicans. But if ANY former Wildcat gets a ring I'll be thrilled for them. I agree the NBA is broken right now. But free agency has to be part of the deal. The fan in me loved the old days when player movement wasn't so rampant. But those days are long gone. The system needs tweaked, but until then ...... go get yours big guy.

A side note: I'm thinking the Warriors got off easy facing the Cavs this year and they know it. With Boogie and Green, they are now well equipped to handle teams that want to muck it up and negate their speed with rougher play in the post season (Celtics). Without another physical big they were at least suspect to being dethroned with a few breaks going the wrong way or an injury to Curry. I just hope Boogie comes back healthy, happy, and gets paid after next season.

No doubt he's a great 2 guard, I just don't think he's a max deal guy. I think he's probably the best complimentary player in the NBA right now. He's a Scottie Pippen.

You’re foolish if you think Klay isn’t a max deal guy. Go to YouTube and watch him score 37 points in a single quarter.

And it’s way beyond foolish to call Pippen a “complimentary” player. He finished 3rd in mvp voting during Jordan’s first retirement. He was named one of the 50 greatest players of all time, and is arguably the 3rd best small forward of all time behind Lebron and Bird.

Woj came out and said teams with cap space didn’t want him in the lockerroom.

Boogie himself said he didn’t receive a significant offer .

Yet people are acting Like he turned down a max deal and signed for the MLE with GS

This. I hate super teams as much as the next guy, but this is different. And I’m not just saying that because he pleat Kentucky. With any other team he may feel pressured to rush back from the injury because they NEED him on the floor. That certainly isn’t the case with GSW. They have the luxury of giving him all the time he needs.

I’m sure he’s devastated about not getting a big contract, but a ring is a pretty nice consolation prize.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Yall sound like hater UL and other rival fans crying after we sign #1 class after #1 class. Yall shouldn't be so mad at them now, they just feel the same way you do about this.
Exactly... i mean it’s not fun at all. No way in hell anyone is coming close to beating them.

Honestly kind of takes the fun out of it all. I mean I’m down with a couple/ few elites teaming up but this is ridiculous. Their starting 5 is legitimately team USA caliber
Yup, that's why the 2012 and 2015 teams were so lame. All that talent, it just kinda took the fun out of it.

Last edited:
Enes Kanter FTW

:eek:

DhJBhrQXcAE3LBd.jpg

Reactions: MWes11
Well yeah, put him with Harden and he'd thrive. Harden is the league MVP.
No doubt he's a great 2 guard, I just don't think he's a max deal guy. I think he's probably the best complimentary player in the NBA right now. He's a Scottie Pippen.
Scottie Pippen was voted one of the top 50 greatest players of all time.

Scottie Pippen was voted one of the top 50 greatest players of all time.
What would he have accomplished if MJ wasn't there for most of his career? In my opinion he was a great complimentary player, you wouldn't build a team around him.

You’re foolish if you think Klay isn’t a max deal guy. Go to YouTube and watch him score 37 points in a single quarter.

And it’s way beyond foolish to call Pippen a “complimentary” player. He finished 3rd in mvp voting during Jordan’s first retirement. He was named one of the 50 greatest players of all time, and is arguably the 3rd best small forward of all time behind Lebron and Bird.

This. I hate super teams as much as the next guy, but this is different. And I’m not just saying that because he pleat Kentucky. With any other team he may feel pressured to rush back from the injury because they NEED him on the floor. That certainly isn’t the case with GSW. They have the luxury of giving him all the time he needs.

I’m sure he’s devastated about not getting a big contract, but a ring is a pretty nice consolation prize.
So you would build a team around Klay? Have you seen him play anywhere but on a loaded GSW team?

Come on guys! Who can blame DMC? He didn't get any offers because everyone is waiting to see how he comes back from the injury. If he was going to have to take a one year deal, why not in a place he is basically guaranteed a championship? He'll play one season and if he is healthy I guarantee you he signs a max deal next season. If he was gonna have to play cheap anyway might as well get the ring as a bonus!

Talking to him like a schoolchild.
How would you know how Lebron "talked to" Kyrie? Has Kyrie ever said this? If so, can you link the quotes for us? Or do you have some insider locker room access that we're not aware of?
Never crediting him for anything including winning the finals after Lebron disappeared.
When the hell did Lebron supposedly "disappear" in those Finals? I might remind you that, in that finals, Lebron friggin averaged 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 2.6 steals, 2.3 blocks (see link), and was absolutely clutch when his team needed him most. It was as impressive an all around Finals performance as we'll ever see. Now Kyrie was also mighty impressive, but certainly NOT because Lebron supposedly "disappeared."

And, fwiw, Lebron DID give plenty of credit to Kyrie. I remember him saying it.

Sorry, but if you're just gonna make up bullshit you can't support with evidence, then I can't take your words seriously.

Last edited:
So you would build a team around Klay? Have you seen him play anywhere but on a loaded GSW team?
Did we see James Harden play anywhere but OKC before going to the Rockets? Was he not the sixth man and 3rd best player on the team that complimented 2 other MVP players in Westbrook and Durant? Usually teams are very good because each of their players compliment each other. Just because you have someone that plays his role perfectly on a great team doesn’t mean he couldn’t be the face of a franchise elsewhere.

Come on guys! Who can blame DMC? He didn't get any offers because everyone is waiting to see how he comes back from the injury. If he was going to have to take a one year deal, why not in a place he is basically guaranteed a championship? He'll play one season and if he is healthy I guarantee you he signs a max deal next season. If he was gonna have to play cheap anyway might as well get the ring as a bonus!
^^^^^^^
This ... exactly!

Reactions: MWes11

He played there before Dray, KD, etc.

Again, I have to ask.. Why don't we apply this to Curry? Curry didn't do anything until he got a ton of players around him. Think Klay is being pretty undervalued here..

Did we see James Harden play anywhere but OKC before going to the Rockets? Was he not the sixth man and 3rd best player on the team that complimented 2 other MVP players in Westbrook and Durant? Usually teams are very good because each of their players compliment each other. Just because you have someone that plays his role perfectly on a great team doesn’t mean he couldn’t be the face of a franchise elsewhere.
Klay is not Harden. I thought we were talking about Klay Thompson.
Just because JH went from 6th man to league MVP doesn't mean everyone has the ability to do that.
I guess it's possible that Klay could pull of the same feat, but, in my opinion, I just don't see it.

In the 70 plus years of the NBA...like close half have been won by the Celtics or Lakers. Go look at a list of past champions and you know what you'll see? Most decades have 1 or 2 great teams that will most of the titles. Tons of teams win 2 or 3 in a row. And now all of the sudden people are angry 1 or 2 teams are the most talented a few years in a row? The only difference is in 2018 people have to be outraged about every little thing. "I won't watch the NBA because it's pointless now" Oh, please. Get over yourselves.

So you would build a team around Klay?
Unless I was able to land Lebron, Durant, Hardsn, Antetokuenpo. Or maybe a couple other mega-stars, then yes I would absolutely build a team around Klay.

I’ll bet you $100 right now that he signs a max deal next summer unless he voluntarily takes a pay cut to stay with GSW.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He played there before Dray, KD, etc.

Again, I have to ask.. Why don't we apply this to Curry? Curry didn't do anything until he got a ton of players around him. Think Klay is being pretty undervalued here..
It's just my opinion. I doubt Klay Thompson really cares about what I think.

As far as Curry goes, he has much more to his game than Klay does. He creates his own offense better and he creates for others better than Klay does. Their stats bear this all out: Curry averages 4 more ppg over his career (23.1 vs 19.2), he is a better rebounder (4.4 vs 3.4) and he averages 4 more assists per game than Klay (6.8 vs 2.3).

I'm not a Warriors expert, so I'm just going off of feel here, but in response to your statement about Curry not doing anything until he was surrounded by other great players, I believe he was still new to the NBA at that time. He was a 4 year college player and he's a bean pole. I'm thinking it took him a couple of years to get acclimated to the league. Heck, it took Jordan several years to show out and look what he eventually did.

In the 70 plus years of the NBA...like close half have been won by the Celtics or Lakers. Go look at a list of past champions and you know what you'll see? Most decades have 1 or 2 great teams that will most of the titles. Tons of teams win 2 or 3 in a row. And now all of the sudden people are angry 1 or 2 teams are the most talented a few years in a row? The only difference is in 2018 people have to be outraged about every little thing. "I won't watch the NBA because it's pointless now" Oh, please. Get over yourselves.
Yup, Bill Russell won 11 titles and played with like 8 or 9 Hall of Famers, not just All Stars, HOF.

Unless I was able to land Lebron, Durant, Hardsn, Antetokuenpo. Or maybe a couple other mega-stars, then yes I would absolutely build a team around Klay.

I’ll bet you $100 right now that he signs a max deal next summer unless he voluntarily takes a pay cut to stay with GSW.
LMAO, I'm not betting one damn dime with someone on a message board for 1. Plus, the NBA and their decision making is not something that is very predictable at all.

Did you see this Boogie Cousins to Warriors deal coming? Rondo going to the Lakers? Stephenson to the Lakers?

If Klay gets a max deal then good for him, hope it works out for him. But at 19ppg, 3rpg and 2.3apg I don't see a max deal in his future.

It's just my opinion. I doubt Klay Thompson really cares about what I think.

As far as Curry goes, he has much more to his game than Klay does. He creates his own offense better and he creates for others better than Klay does. Their stats bear this all out: Curry averages 4 more ppg over his career (23.1 vs 19.2), he is a better rebounder (4.4 vs 3.4) and he averages 4 more assists per game than Klay (6.8 vs 2.3).

I'm not a Warriors expert, so I'm just going off of feel here, but in response to your statement about Curry not doing anything until he was surrounded by other great players, I believe he was still new to the NBA at that time. He was a 4 year college player and he's a bean pole. I'm thinking it took him a couple of years to get acclimated to the league. Heck, it took Jordan several years to show out and look what he eventually did.

I would say Curry is the greater commodity. But I bet someone will throw max, or close to max at Klay. There have been FAR worse players to get max than him.

Quoting J. Hill isn't a good look.

How can one not look deeper into this. When they say "None of the other 29 teams..".. it's in regards to him getting a long term contract when he won't even be healthy the full year. Has ZERO to do with owners being cheap nor does it have anything to do with risk. You're talking two entirely different scenarios.

Plenty of teams would have taken Boogie for 1-year $5m. But he would have never taken that.

I would say Curry is the greater commodity. But I bet someone will throw max, or close to max at Klay. There have been FAR worse players to get max than him.
It's definitely possible, I just don't think you give a max deal to a Klay Thompson.

That doesn't mean he won't get a max deal somewhere, if he does, I hope it works out for him, but if he goes to a bad franchise and is the only decent player, he's going to find out that being THE go to guy is a whole different ballgame.

Do this, take Lebron off the Cavs and put Klay Thompson in his place in 2017/18. Does Cleveland make the playoffs? I don't think so and I don't think it's even close.

LMAO, I'm not betting one damn dime with someone on a message board for 1. Plus, the NBA and their decision making is not something that is very predictable at all.

Did you see this Boogie Cousins to Warriors deal coming? Rondo going to the Lakers? Stephenson to the Lakers?

If Klay gets a max deal then good for him, hope it works out for him. But at 19ppg, 3rpg and 2.3apg I don't see a max deal in his future.

Here's more numbers for Klay Thompson: 363-129.

That's the Warriors record since he became a starter in his 2nd season. Along with, obviously, the 3 titles.

Whatever Thompson's individual stats, it's a fact that he's been one of the best players on one of the best teams in NBA history. Someone will give him a max contract without batting an eye, if that's what he wants (because he might need to leave the Warriors to get it).

Here's more numbers for Klay Thompson: 363-129.

That's the Warriors record since he became a starter in his 2nd season. Along with, obviously, the 3 titles.

Whatever Thompson's individual stats, it's a fact that he's been one of the best players on one of the best teams in NBA history. Someone will give him a max contract without batting an eye, if that's what he wants (because he might need to leave the Warriors to get it).
The way the warriors are wheeling and dealing, he'll certainly have to go elsewhere to get a max deal and I have to believe he'll end up getting that max deal at a bottom feeder franchise.

I think he is an exceptional player, I'm not saying he sucks. I just don't think he has the ability to carry a team with average talent to and through the playoffs.

I'll repeat what I said to lineski, take Lebron off the 17/18 Cavaliers and put Klay in his place, do you think that team makes the playoffs? I don't. I just don't think Klay has the ability to thrive if he is the featured player.

It's definitely possible, I just don't think you give a max deal to a Klay Thompson.

That doesn't mean he won't get a max deal somewhere, if he does, I hope it works out for him, but if he goes to a bad franchise and is the only decent player, he's going to find out that being THE go to guy is a whole different ballgame.

Do this, take Lebron off the Cavs and put Klay Thompson in his place in 2017/18. Does Cleveland make the playoffs? I don't think so and I don't think it's even close.

No one could save that Cavs team though. I legit believe that Lebron is the only player in the history of the game who could get that team to the Finals. Not Jordan, Not Kobe, and certainly not Steph or KD..

The way the warriors are wheeling and dealing, he'll certainly have to go elsewhere to get a max deal and I have to believe he'll end up getting that max deal at a bottom feeder franchise.

I think he is an exceptional player, I'm not saying he sucks. I just don't think he has the ability to carry a team with average talent to and through the playoffs.

I'll repeat what I said to lineski, take Lebron off the 17/18 Cavaliers and put Klay in his place, do you think that team makes the playoffs? I don't. I just don't think Klay has the ability to thrive if he is the featured player.

It's one thing to forgo a few million. But he'd be losing well over 7 figures to stay with GSW. He doesn't neccesarily have to go to a shit franchise. Remember the salary cap goes up next year.. all teams get a bit of extra wiggle room.

Had Houston not signed CP3, I'd have loved for Houston to grab him. I'd be fine with throwing him a max contract because 1. I do think he's worth it. 2 It hurts Golden State, the only team in Houston's way and 3. I think it very much hurts Steph's game.

Reactions: kyjeff1
No one could save that Cavs team though. I legit believe that Lebron is the only player in the history of the game who could get that team to the Finals. Not Jordan, Not Kobe, and certainly not Steph or KD..
Okay, but that's the kind of situation he's going to find himself in if he goes for a max deal. He's not getting a max deal from a contender. If he does get a max deal, ithll be from a team like Memphis, Atlanta, Orlando, Charlotte, Dallas or Sacramento. He will get exposed quickly. I just don't think he's got enough game to thrive in those situations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT