ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie a Warrior!

^ he recruited Julius Randle to play with him, and there are reports out that AD was not a fan of Boogie on the court or in the locker room.

Reactions: Smashcat
Yea and if he remotely resembles who he was he will still be at the top of best big men. Regardless he is a steal for 5 millon a year. That's chump change for a guy like him. He is still young so he can still get back is all im saying. As far as Pippen goes, if you don't think he is a max guy when he is top 50 all time then nobody is a max guy.
Cousins isn't getting 5 million PER year, he's getting 5 million for next year. That's it.
And no, I don't think Pippen was a max guy.

Yeah he is, who is better?
If Cuz is at 80%, I'm going to say KAT, Gasol, Deandre Jordan and Drummond.

Also, I know AD is listed as a PF, but it would be very easy to call him a center and in that case: AD>Cuz.

I don't think you realize just how bad an achilles injury is. 80% might be a pipe dream.

Are the people saying LeBron gets all the calls really believing that? Dude gets hammered every time he drives. Jordan would miss a shot, stare at the ref, and get a foul called. After he became the face of the NBA you couldn't breathe on him.

Now Curry is the protected one, even more than Jordan was. In fact the Warriors get away, collectively, with more bullshit calls than anyone or any team. I used to v love watching them until I couldn't deny it anymore. Klay is the only player I respect on that team. (Well Cousins now too).

Reactions: kyjeff1
If Cuz is at 80%, I'm going to say KAT, Gasol, Deandre Jordan and Drummond.

Also, I know AD is listed as a PF, but it would be very easy to call him a center and in that case: AD>Cuz.

I don't think you realize just how bad an achilles injury is. 80% might be a pipe dream.

I didn't say he was the best at 80%. I said he was the best before he was injured. He is inly 27 so he could get back to 80% health. Even if that is the ceiling he will be one of the best and the salary they paid him is ridiculously low. Its a steal of all steals.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Cousins isn't getting 5 million PER year, he's getting 5 million for next year. That's it.
And no, I don't think Pippen was a max guy.

I don't know what to tell you but Kevin Love is a max player. Scotty pippen is most definitely a max player. That is an absurd take. Andrew Wiggins signed a max deal. To say a HOF and top 50 all time player is not a max guy is just hate for him.

I didn't say he was the best at 80%. I said he was the best before he was injured. He is inly 27 so he could get back to 80% health. Even if that is the ceiling he will be one of the best and the salary they paid him is ridiculously low. Its a steal of all steals.
At 100%, he certainly is the best in the league. But the odds of him ever being at 100% again are really low.

I don't know what to tell you but Kevin Love is a max player. Scotty pippen is most definitely a max player. That is an absurd take. Andrew Wiggins signed a max deal. To say a HOF and top 50 all time player is not a max guy is just hate for him.
I guess my definition of what a max player is differs from yours.
Maybe there is so much money in the NBA that they're taking the Oprah Winfrey approach:
YOU GET A MAX DEAL, YOU GET A MAX DEAL AND YOU GET A MAX DEAL… .

I guess my definition of what a max player is differs from yours.
Maybe there is so much money in the NBA that they're taking the Oprah Winfrey approach:
YOU GET A MAX DEAL, YOU GET A MAX DEAL AND YOU GET A MAX DEAL… .

The economics mean it certainly won't be a LeBron and Durant only with a maybe one day for Davis thing.
Plus there are a goodly number of guys that make an appreciable percentage too.

Still, only so many guys provide the output to spend that much of your cap on, woe to the team that pays Thompson Durant money even though the market dictates they should and must if they want to add a piece of his caliber via free agency.

You guys might produce less heat and more light if you would work out common definitions so might have a goid chance for a productive dialog.

People talk to others like they have agreed on a common frame of reference when such a thing rarely happens and instead react as each other are stupid and crazy rather than using different filters or have different priorities.

Of course no matter what if people insist on making the subjective as if it were objective or the reverse then it is nearly impossible to have a productive back and forth exchange but if folks can agree on the criteria in a clear way a reasoned debate is possible.

Reactions: WildMoon
The economics mean it certainly won't be a LeBron and Durant only with a maybe one day for Davis thing.
Plus there are a goodly number of guys that make an appreciable percentage too.

Still, only so many guys provide the output to spend that much of your cap on, woe to the team that pays Thompson Durant money even though the market dictates they should and must if they want to add a piece of his caliber via free agency.

You guys might produce less heat and more light if you would work out common definitions so might have a goid chance for a productive dialog.

People talk to others like they have agreed on a common frame of reference when such a thing rarely happens and instead react as each other are stupid and crazy rather than using different filters or have different priorities.

Of course no matter what if people insist on making the subjective as if it were objective or the reverse then it is nearly impossible to have a productive back and forth exchange but if folks can agree on the criteria in a clear way a reasoned debate is possible.
That is assuming one doesn’t take strong stances on something when they are clearly ignorant on the subject. Unfortunately that is not something you can guarantee.

CBS reporting that the Lakers were offered Cousins first, but passed on him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...marcus-cousins-for-similar-price-as-warriors/

So...ya know...it's not unfair.

There are no numbers to that quote. Just whatever Marc Stein "heard". Meanwhile, Cousins turned down a 2-year $40 million deal to stay right where he was...

I'm not buying that the Lakers had a TRULY legitimate shot to grab Cousins for $5 mil. Cousins thinks he can get a big contract, but even he and his agent surely, must know this could take more than 1 single year as he won't be on the court until January/Feb.. and even THEN, he'll be like a Vanderbilt player, still not 100%. Unfortunately for Cousins, if he wants the big pay day, it most certainly won't come after 3 months with Golden State.

ALso don't buy this, especially when Marc Stein's article reads like one of our resident GSW "fans".. If you said that article was either written by Phatty or a normal NBA writer.. I wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference..

The Pelicans offered him that during the season and he turned it down . They said that they took the deal off of the table in the offseason . You can’t really blame boogie for at least wanting to test out free agency . I don’t get why the Pelicans didn’t offer him that in the off-season unless it was because of the success they had without him .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT