ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie a Warrior!

i’m happy for cousins. he should get a ring and a better overall rep as a warrior. definitely ring chasing, but under the circumstances it was a great move imo.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I’m happy for Cousins also and perfect situation for him. I think he sees it as an opportunity to ease into the rotation towards end of season near playoffs and now he will get his name heard too. He’s been playing for some small markets such as Sacramento and New Orleans yes New Orleans has Davis but still not primetime. Now Cousins will be on primetime during the playoffs most likely and finally get to make a name for himself...

Not a fan of the NBA but am a fan of all Kentucky players. Cousins will make up the loss of NBA salary with extra endorsements and merchandise sales, and get a ring.

I think Klay is now about the most underrated player in the entire League.

The Warriors' other stars have gotten so much attention that people forget that Klay is a star too, and one capable of putting up superstar numbers if he played on another team where he was his team's No. 1 offensive option, instead of in this strange situation where a guy with superstar-number capability is merely his team's third (and now maybe fourth) offensive option behind two MVP caliber superstars in Curry and Durant.

Plus, folks forget that Klay is also a tremendous defensive player. One of the best defenders in the League in addition to being one of the best shooters in the world. He's a superb all around player with no clear flaws, and the perfect attitude for the unique situation he's in.
Yeah, guys like him are always underrated.

I compared him to Worthy, who I've never been sure how to rate, but a more accurate comparison would probably be to 2 guys who were secondary stars on the Celtics in the 60's, Sam Jones and John Havlicek. In Havlicek's case, he lasted into a 2nd generation of Celtics teams where he was a star and centerpiece, but both he and Jones were very much overshadowed by Bill Russell in the 60's. And yeah, Bill Russell was great, but the Celtics were able to cycle through nearly an entire roster around him and remain great because guys like Havlicek and Jones were so good.

The only thing Thompson isn't great at is creating his own shot, and that's actually a benefit to a certain extent because it makes it a lot easier to share the ball. If Thompson played on a modestly decent team that needed him to lead them in scoring, I think he could easily go for 25 ppg while still being very efficient.

It's crazy to me that in all this, Lebron is still most hated, and people STILL seem to be focusing on him, despite what Golden State, and Durant, and Boogie, and the rest of the team have done under everyone's noses.

Say what you will about Lebron's Super Teams.. their value was always where it should be. No one was taking exuberant paycuts just to beat the 2nd and 3rd best teams.

If we hate Lebron for what he did.. how come the entire Golden State roster gets a pass? Curry and Company knew what they were doing enticing Durant when they were absolutely aware they couldn't afford him.

Because Durant and Curry arent in the conversation for the GOAT. Of course he should be held to a higher standard, it comes with it. Plus Lebrons personality and on court theatrics due him no favors.

Because Durant and Curry arent in the conversation for the GOAT. Of course he should be held to a higher standard, it comes with it. Plus Lebrons personality and on court theatrics due him no favors.

I can kind of get behind that, but what "antics", aside from his Decision which is now like 8 years ago? KD has done worst shit off the court (fake social media account) and Curry on the court (as with most shooters, entirely too cocky).

I can kind of get behind that, but what "antics", aside from his Decision which is now like 8 years ago? KD has done worst shit off the court (fake social media account) and Curry on the court (as with most shooters, entirely too cocky).

The flopping/whining/etc. Hes too big, too strong, and too effing good to ever act like that. All the thousands of internet memes, jokes, and videos didnt just come out of nowhere and for no reason.

The flopping/whining/etc. Hes too big, too strong, and too effing good to ever act like that. All the thousands of internet memes, jokes, and videos didnt just come out of nowhere and for no reason.

That DOES come with the territory of being the best player. I think he gets tired of officials letting fouls go on him. The Goliath effect, that we've seen here with our own physically dominant players. A foul is a foul, or at least that's Lebron's case.

That's neither here nor there. I get the added microscope on Lebron.. but if people think what he did was wrong, that better be applied much further to KD and Golden State. They took what Lebron did and upped the ante with the Durant signing. Then again with Boogie.

People are overhyping how much this actually improves the team. He will miss the first few months of the season, and then he’ll have to get back into shape. There is also the legitimate question of if he’s ever able to completely recover. The history of people who have had this injury isn’t great, especially for someone with conditioning issues.

Even with a close to prime Cousins, it’s questionable he should even start. This is adding a new wrinkle they can bring off the bench more than adding a new long term core piece. Their best lineup is still the small death lineup.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
That DOES come with the territory of being the best player. I think he gets tired of officials letting fouls go on him. The Goliath effect, that we've seen here with our own physically dominant players. A foul is a foul, or at least that's Lebron's case.

That's neither here nor there. I get the added microscope on Lebron.. but if people think what he did was wrong, that better be applied much further to KD and Golden State. They took what Lebron did and upped the ante with the Durant signing. Then again with Boogie.

The Goliath things works both ways though. No other player in the league is allowed to clear a lane off the dribble like Lebron. No one.

People are overhyping how much this actually improves the team. He will miss the first few months of the season, and then he’ll have to get back into shape. There is also the legitimate question of if he’s ever able to completely recover. The history of people who have had this injury isn’t great, especially for someone with conditioning issues.

Even with a close to prime Cousins, it’s questionable he should even start. This is adding a new wrinkle they can bring off the bench more than adding a new long term core piece. Their best lineup is still the small death lineup.

Dude Cousins is a top seven player in the world. If he is even 80% of the player he was, it will be one of the biggest steals of all time for 5 million dollars!

That's what t I was thinking, seems like a very weird match. But if it works then no one is stopping them.

If Cousins gets healthy he will dominate. He already does, is a good passer and he will see less double teams than at any point in his life. Do people on here not watch the NBA or understand how great Big Cuz is?

Well yeah, put him with Harden and he'd thrive. Harden is the league MVP.
No doubt he's a great 2 guard, I just don't think he's a max deal guy. I think he's probably the best complimentary player in the NBA right now. He's a Scottie Pippen.

Yeah and Scottie Pippen would be a max guy.

Dude Cousins is a top seven player in the world. If he is even 80% of the player he was, it will be one of the biggest steals of all time for 5 million dollars!
No, he isn’t top 10 even at his best. I’m not gonna get into the various, well established reasons why because my mentions will blow up and I don’t want to repeat myself over and over again. Just don’t be surprised to see Cousins sitting a lot at the end of close games.

LMAO, I'm not betting one damn dime with someone on a message board for 1. Plus, the NBA and their decision making is not something that is very predictable at all.

Did you see this Boogie Cousins to Warriors deal coming? Rondo going to the Lakers? Stephenson to the Lakers?

If Klay gets a max deal then good for him, hope it works out for him. But at 19ppg, 3rpg and 2.3apg I don't see a max deal in his future.

You obviously know little about the NBA and what they value. Klay will absolutely be a max guy. One of thr tip three shooters in the league and a three time champion. He will get PAID.

You obviously know little about the NBA and what they value. Klay will absolutely be a max guy. One of thr tip three shooters in the league and a three time champion. He will get PAID.
Hmm, well, I don't think you understand the conversation that took place.
I didn't say (or at least didn't intend to say) that he WON'T get a max deal, I'm saying he's not a max deal guy in my opinion.
If a team like Charlotte or Dallas picks him up and pays him 150 million for 4 years, they are going to look like idiots because he's now going to be the go to guy on a sh*t roster and his stats are going to nosedive.
Not to mention, he's 28 years old, he's no spring chicken and he's not a lebron James type stud that can overcome age with incredible physical fitness.
Again though, this is just my opinion and has nothing to do with what I know about the NBA.

No joke; Jordan didn't have 5 of the top 20 players on his team. Hell, f***in' Johnny Jones could win a title with that group.
Lets not get crazy. Johnny Jones is the one guy I wouldn't trust, even with that roster.

I disagree. He was a sidekick for all but a couple of years. What did he do after 96?

He led the Bulls to 55 win season in 94. He didn't have enough offense without Jordan (I know he returned in 95 but was not Jordan shape) to make it to the NBA Finals. He took Portland to game 7 against a 67 win Lakers team in 2000. Pippen was a very good player, definitely top 50 all time IMO.

If Cousins gets healthy he will dominate. He already does, is a good passer and he will see less double teams than at any point in his life. Do people on here not watch the NBA or understand how great Big Cuz is?
Damn F2M, why are you so angry? Why are you telling everyone they don't know what they're talking about? Chill out.
But I think you might want to do some research on what an Achilles tear does to a guy's abilities. Nobody comes back from an achilles tear and plays anywhere near to his previous form. Some say Dominique Wilkins did, I don't know about that, but still, 1 guy MIGHT have come back from that injury and got back to form. Nobody else did.
So, big cuz mighrlt be great, but you.might want to pump the breaks on him for now until you see what he's like when he comes back.

Lord, is this post ever underselling Boogie.

I might remind you that this guy you refer to as a mere "wrinkle they can bring off the bench" last season averaged over 25 points per game, 13 rebounds per game, 5.4 assists per game, 1.6 steals per game, 1.6 blocks per game, has been a perennial All Star, has been First team All NBA, has started for a Gold Medal winning Olympic team, and is still ONLY 27 years old.

I realize the achilles injury much complicates things, as nobody knows how well he'll recover. But, still, to characterize someone with Boogie's superstar resume who's still young in his prime as a mere bench asset strikes me as quite odd.

Last edited:
He led the Bulls to 55 win season in 94. He didn't have enough offense without Jordan (I know he returned in 95 but was not Jordan shape) to make it to the NBA Finals. He took Portland to game 7 against a 67 win Lakers team in 2000. Pippen was a very good player, definitely top 50 all time IMO.
I'll agree with that, but he was MJ's sidekicksidekick for 95% of his career and without looking it up, I'm betting there were other really good players on that 2000 Portland team.
What did he do between 96 and 2000 though? Max guys don't just disappear for 4 years.

LOL, no. Top 7 player at 80%? Come on man.

There is a strong likelihood that Cousins spends most of the season rehabbing. Why not get a ring while he does? Its a one year contract. His value is low right now. He gets to spend time seeing how a championship organization is run and that is valuable experience. After the season if he is fully healthy he'll be looking for a max contract and be in a better position hopefully to command that.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
When did Durant suffer a potential career-altering injury that forced him to take a small 1-year contract in order to prove he can still play?

Holy shit there are some dumb people on this board.
And some keyboard tough guy cowards like yourself that cant hand a difference of opinion.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Lord, is this post ever underselling Boogie.

I might remind you that this guy you refer to as a mere "wrinkle they can bring off the bench" last season averaged over 25 points per game, 13 rebounds per game, 5.4 assists per game, 1.6 steals per game, 1.6 blocks per game, has been a perennial All Star, has been FIRST TEAM All NBA, has started for a Gold Medal winning Olympic team, and is still ONLY 27 years old.

I realize the achilles injury much complicates things, as nobody knows how well he'll recover. But, still, to characterize someone with Boogie's superstar resume who's still young in his prime as a mere bench asset strikes me as quite odd.
Everyone is currently writing about the situation, and I guess you’ll be shocked to hear it’s a pretty common opinion. I’d argue the purpose of this move is more keeping anyone else from getting him much more so than how much he actually improves their team.

I agree, potentially huge improvement over Javale McGee. In the event he comes back strong he will play a lot in the lineups where they have one traditional big guy out there, but he doesn’t fit in at all with the way they usually want to play. Bad defender, undisciplined with the ball, keeps them from playing with pace, and I could keep going.

Demarcus Cousins agent is a turd. Who let’s a top 10 NBA talent sign for 1/6 of their value on a short contract on a team where they can’t showcase their skills. Either Cousins is an idiot or his agent is.

How can he sign for something that isn’t being offered. According to Cousins himself, only Golden State offered him a deal. A lot of reports have numerous teams not even having him on their free agent board because of perceived attitude issues. And that’s not even factoring in the Achilles injury. So where was he supposed to sign this big deal that shows that either Cousins or his agent are idiots?

Reactions: stuway and kyjeff1
How can he sign for something that isn’t being offered. According to Cousins himself, only Golden State offered him a deal. A lot of reports have numerous teams not even having him on their free agent board because of perceived attitude issues. And that’s not even factoring in the Achilles injury. So where was he supposed to sign this big deal that shows that either Cousins or his agent are idiots?
What I’m hearing is there definitely was interest when teams learned he was willing to sign for so little, he just made his decision so quickly it didn’t give teams much time to react.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Damn F2M, why are you so angry? Why are you telling everyone they don't know what they're talking about? Chill out.
But I think you might want to do some research on what an Achilles tear does to a guy's abilities. Nobody comes back from an achilles tear and plays anywhere near to his previous form. Some say Dominique Wilkins did, I don't know about that, but still, 1 guy MIGHT have come back from that injury and got back to form. Nobody else did.
So, big cuz mighrlt be great, but you.might want to pump the breaks on him for now until you see what he's like when he comes back.

Yea and if he remotely resembles who he was he will still be at the top of best big men. Regardless he is a steal for 5 millon a year. That's chump change for a guy like him. He is still young so he can still get back is all im saying. As far as Pippen goes, if you don't think he is a max guy when he is top 50 all time then nobody is a max guy.

What I’m hearing is there definitely was interest when teams learned he was willing to sign for so little, he just made his decision so quickly it didn’t give teams much time to react.

Wait.. you mean to tell me had teams known Boogie would have taken a box of Triscuts to play for just one year, that they would change their tune?

Amazing! And all this time GSW fans said "But no one offered! They didn't want the risk!" No. They didn't want a 3-year $40 million risk. I don't blame Boogie at all, this is great for him. But yes, GSW made an offer that not one single team could possibly counter.

Not hard to see how this went down.

And while we're at it, let me know the time Calipari told a recruit he'd have no scholarship and would have to sleep in the common dorms, because a title was guaranteed and we knew they would jump for it.. because apparently, we're doing the same thing to recruits

I might remind you that this guy you refer to as a mere "wrinkle they can bring off the bench" last season averaged over 25 points per game, 13 rebounds per game, 5.4 assists per game, 1.6 steals per game, 1.6 blocks per game, has been a perennial All Star, has been FIRST TEAM All NBA, has started for a Gold Medal winning Olympic team, and is still ONLY 27 years old.

Boogie has never been First Team All NBA. Usually you'd want to fact check the stuff that you feel is so important you have to hold the shift key.

I'll agree with that, but he was MJ's sidekicksidekick for 95% of his career and without looking it up, I'm betting there were other really good players on that 2000 Portland team.
What did he do between 96 and 2000 though? Max guys don't just disappear for 4 years.

I get that people forget things, or never saw them in the first place, but this is easy crap to look up. Pippen was with the Bulls through 1998, when he was first team all defense/3rd team all NBA, and was never quite the same after his back injury suffered that year. In 1996 (when you think he disappeared while winning the first of 3 straight titles?) he was 1st team all nba/1st defense, and in 1997 when he apparently fell off the face of the earth he slipped... to 2nd team all NBA/1st defense.

Pippen is nigh-universally regarded as about #25 all time (for exhaustive research on this, look up Ben Taylor's work, or Bill Simmons if you like his stuff), and one of the top 2 or 3 wing defenders of all time. And in his lone season on the Bulls without Jordan he was First Team All NBA and #3 in the MVP vote. His cumulative advanced stats are pretty solid as well despite being limited by injuries in the back half of his career: 17th VORP, 24th Box +/-, 39th WS.

Reactions: dakid_0812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT