ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie says he almost left UK

I’m so far off the Cal train it’s not even funny…..

That being said, Big Cuz trying to run point is stupid. I remember him launching 3’s and being so upset bc the game hadn’t totally evolved to that yet and he was a man child that could dominate the post
Yeah this isn't an anti Cal post, there are plenty of those I could add to, but this isn't a reason to say we want him gone. It was just odd to me when I came by it because he and Cal have such a great relationship and he loved/loves it at UK. Could you imagine the WVU loss if Cal was letting Boogie stand outside and shoot 3s and run pick and rolls? Would've been fired before Knight and company got to campus.

Reactions: Fox2monk
This is to show why Z made such a critical error in hitting 5/7 three pointers. He should have had his butt in the post. Never mind that Boogie was a bad outside shooter at the time and weighed 275 pounds.

Reactions: NociHTTP and BBUK
Boogie tried what he tried, glad his Mom if that was it kept him in check. Boogie is emotional and never tried hiding it. For some to state he is/ was a mental case is seriously stupid. the world needs a lot more of Boogies Cousins type of heart.
Hell yeah, he was stronger on the court than this entire team combined. He would fight you to win a game.

Boogie on a podcast

After his first practice, because he wanted to play PG. Cal said I have the number one pick at point and my center is trying to run point. Boogie called his mom, settled down "and went and dominated". The rest is history. I hope the link posts correctly.
Lotta players wanted to leave including Ritchie Farmer. Boogie playing PG though is goofy.

Boogie on a podcast

After his first practice, because he wanted to play PG. Cal said I have the number one pick at point and my center is trying to run point. Boogie called his mom, settled down "and went and dominated". The rest is history. I hope the link posts correctly.
If they had fed him the ball against WV in the tournament they might have won a title, instead of jacking up three's down the stretch.

And his team didn't do squat in the tournament. I mean, Elite Eight first year of Calipari was good for the school, but that team way underperformed.
I wouldn’t say way underperformed, one round where they should have been. Their regular season was dominate. They won everything else.

It was bec
And his team didn't do squat in the tournament. I mean, Elite Eight first year of Calipari was good for the school, but that team way underperformed.
It happened because they missed 87 threes in a row(just an estimate based on memory) and just kept shooting them.

Reactions: Blueaz and blubo
This is the feeling I have for Cuz and never met the brudder.... ("Ain't " No One else ever shared that mantle....)

272979345_5371110242902512_8021840821069575545_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Princecal
Lotta players wanted to leave including Ritchie Farmer. Boogie playing PG though is goofy.

His emotion was sure over-riding any good sense, that is for sure if that happened. Of course the kid was 18 or 19 at the time and thought he owned the world. I wouldn't hold it against him for asking as long as he stopped asking. ;) (If I was the coach, I wouldn't let Boogie play point-guard in his own video game...) 😅

If they had fed him the ball against WV in the tournament they might have won a title, instead of jacking up three's down the stretch.
Unfortunately, they were clogging the lane so bad that we couldn't. That's what led to all the wide open 3's...that we missed. Brutal.

The Coach caused that, not Cuz.... A like to Boogie being a mental case takes things down a notch or three. The team couldn't buy a three and of course didn't/ couldn't feed it inside when it counted.

Here...

You all blame whoever you want but I doubt seriously anyone could attempt to Blame Cuz in that game. (Stats don't lie...) Several players share some serious blame in that game along with Cal!

Could have been the "upper" classmen's fault in that game!

Last edited:
Yet Cuz loves Cal and praises Cal at every opportunity.

I guess he’s wrong when he praises him. And right when he makes a comment about playing point?

As for leaving, most every freshman at most every school considers leaving.

It's that slight difference in mentality between today's 18 year Olds, and those from 2010. Boogie had enough common sense, humility and lack of entitlement, to stick it out and realize there's bigger things at play than just his feelings and what he thinks he's owed.

That was the last worth while generation IMO. Not perfect. But everything after is just a lost cause IMO.

Unfortunately, they were clogging the lane so bad that we couldn't. That's what led to all the wide open 3's...that we missed. Brutal.
They missed Boogie multiple times when he was open and most of those threes were taken on the first pass, we did not even try to get him the ball, just like in 2015 Wisconsin could not stop Towns but we stopped feeding him the ball the last 10 minutes of the game.

Big Cuz is one of my favorite Cal players, but him trying to run the point would be ludicrous. The fact that he thought he could says a lot about his mental condition.

As far as the WV game goes, he couldn't have shot worse than our combined "shooters".

Glad you were never a kid and did anything mentally irregular like, uh, wanting to try something to see if you could do it...

Not sure what you mean, if a negative toward Cuz have you even looked at the box score??? He shot like 54%, better than anyone on the team that game. Oh here...

I've done enough, not calling anyone anything but I'd sure like to watch a day in the life of some of you and see if your mental conditions are all that lucid...😅 (I do things now at 62 that people laugh at as if I'm crazy. i can go out to eat when I want and I sure do enjoy having fun. Some should try it and rip the serious scowl of your faces. you're just too mean.)😅 (Oh, too mean and so very "proper"...) That is some serious lunacy too so we all should get along nicely together...

Last edited:
That's why cal was so great for so long. Then at some point he changed. Now we run pick and pop for Bradshaw rather than him playing the role of defense and dunker. I don't think he posted even once this season.

Sacramento Kings organization would beg to differ?

You talking George Karl???? THEE George Karl??? Who was fired from the Kings in great part because of that "issue"???

Some need to seriously check their facts and quit posting one-liners.

You slay me... Keep digging... Just amazes at the hate toward Cuz by the very few, almost could be called racist...because Cuz was one of the most gentle giants I have come across, watching him from afar work with children, teens, and the elderly. take care...

Last edited:
You talking George Karl???? THEE George Karl??? Who was fired from the Kings in great part because of that "issue"???

Some need to seriously check their facts and quit posting one-liners.

You slay me... Keep digging... Just amazes at the hate toward Cuz by the very few, almost could be called racist...because Cuz was one of the most gentle giants I have come across, watching him from afar work with children, teens, and the elderly. take care...
You throw the R-word around pretty recklessly just because some don’t join in your plaudits. Shame on you BBUK. Shame.

You throw the R-word around pretty recklessly just because some don’t join in your plaudits. Shame on you BBUK. Shame.

You just showed your colors. That is the VERY first time since I have been on this site (Oh, check the year, 2005 since I have EVER used that word here.) You are a complete joke and a lying............troll. Bye Troll...

That's why cal was so great for so long. Then at some point he changed. Now we run pick and pop for Bradshaw rather than him playing the role of defense and dunker. I don't think he posted even once this season.
I don’t think he’s strong enough to post and he can shoot a jumper but I agree with what you’re saying somewhat. Our bigs need to pull other bugs out of the lane but he won’t even play Z who is better suited to bang for rebounds at least.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT