ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie a Warrior!

We all love Boogie but the Millennial cultural of wanting to win RIGHT NOW. It is actually not a bad move, coming off a major major injury and he is a max max max guy and a team may not be willing to give him the deal he may want and this is not a "rich" year in terms of money. So sit it "out" in a way and win a championship, prove injury is behind and that he can be a team player. Sign a historically large deal somewhere that is desireable. It was a brilliant move!

Did you watch him play before Durant and green came along? The guy can play
Oh I know he can play, he's exceptional, but put him on a team where he would be the go to guy and he wouldn't do so well. Just my opinion. I just think he needs to go ahead and ride this wave until it completely dies.

Just seems to me that Curry can do much more than Klay can. He seems better at creating for himself and others. I've seen Klay make some tough plays, but to me, he seems to be more of a player that gets his points off of what someone else creates.

Naturally, Curry is the better PG. But you can't understate how important Klay is, when he takes on the toughest defensive assignment. Klay's role helps keep legs under Curry.

Klay Thompson might be the NBA's best running mate if you're a PG. Not many other 2-guards have to be respected from anywhere on the court, that can also play all-star level defense. I'd kill for him to be along side Harden.

Just sad for Cousins more than anything, his injury may be the most significant in pro sports history, money-wise. Could literally cost him $100 million. I hope he comes back with a vengeance, I don't care what team he's on.

The NBA has a real problem though.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Naturally, Curry is the better PG. But you can understate how important Klay is, when he takes on the toughest defensive assignment. Klay's role helps keep legs under Curry.

Klay Thompson might be the NBA's best running mate if you're a PG. Not many other 2-guards have to be respective from anywhere on the court, that can also play all-star level defense. I'd kill for him to be along side Harden.
Well yeah, put him with Harden and he'd thrive. Harden is the league MVP.
No doubt he's a great 2 guard, I just don't think he's a max deal guy. I think he's probably the best complimentary player in the NBA right now. He's a Scottie Pippen.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The NBA has to be pissed about this.

These guys are turning the NBA into a total joke league.

Who the hell wants to watch GSW win it again and not even have any competition in doing so?

People who continue to say the NBA is at an all time best amaze me.

Warriors were winning it anyways. They are doing it within the rules. What can you do.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Just sad for Cousins more than anything, his injury may be the most significant in pro sports history, money-wise. Could literally cost him $100 million. I hope he comes back with a vengeance, I don't care what team he's on.

The NBA has a real problem though.

It will be interesting to see TV viewership during the regular season. I already don't have the attention span for 82 games.. especially when my team is going to be a top3 seed regardless. I'm not sure who is going to tune in much now, at least not until the playoffs.

Not sure what they NBA can do. Hard to fix a game where just 1 or 2 players can alter the entire landscape. I think they should find away to stop players from taking far less paycuts. In the event of Cousins, the other 29 teams should have been able to counter bid that $5.3 Million in some fashion.

I'm sure ever other team would have GLADLY taken Cousins for 1-year $5 million. Some teams would have done 1-year and probably $15 million. And that's the problem.

You’re happy for him? Crap money for his future? That’s stupid.

Go start up a gofundme for him then. Theres no guarantee what his value is going to be coming back. Likely recovering most of the season. Rare anyone comes back to form after that injury. 5mil for maybe a half a season of playing and a ring to go with it. Its the opposite of stupid.

This is absurd! What is Boogie thinking?!
20171017-ring-1280.jpg

You’re happy for him? Crap money for his future? That’s stupid.

It's him basically saying he'd pay 15M for a championship. At the end of his career everyone will remember he won a title and no one will remember how much money he made. I respect it. Besides, it's one season. After next year he'll likely sign a near max deal again somewhere else... likely LA if I had to bet. Go there and chase titles with Lebron.

20171017-ring-1280.jpg

It's him basically saying he'd pay 15M for a championship. At the end of his career everyone will remember he won a title and no one will remember how much money he made. I respect it. Besides, it's one season. After next year he'll likely sign a near max deal again somewhere else... likely LA if I had to bet. Go there and chase titles with Lebron.

Reactions: WildMoon
It will be interesting to see TV viewership during the regular season. I already don't have the attention span for 82 games.. especially when my team is going to be a top3 seed regardless. I'm not sure who is going to tune in much now, at least not until the playoffs.

Not sure what they NBA can do. Hard to fix a game where just 1 or 2 players can alter the entire landscape. I think they should find away to stop players from taking far less paycuts. In the event of Cousins, the other 29 teams should have been able to counter bid that $5.3 Million in some fashion.

I'm sure ever other team would have GLADLY taken Cousins for 1-year $5 million. Some teams would have done 1-year and probably $15 million. And that's the problem.

Thats not the problem.

Most people value working conditions over pay. Would you be forced to take a job just because it was the highest paying. Of course not, other factors involved that make a big difference. Same with some of these guys.

GSW created a very attractive destination where winning is THE ultimate goal. Players sacrifice shots, stats, clock, $, etc for that goal. Your problem is that its GS thats doing it and not Houston.

I don’t get why LA let Randle go.

When they did, I thought it 100% meant Cousins was about to sign.

He’s 27 years old and has made $80,000,000. Hardly poverty. Playing on a winner along with a bit of image revision and suddenly everyone will be talking about his big personality and all the wonderful things he does for people in less fortunate circumstances.

Who the hell wants to watch GSW win it again and not even have any competition in doing so?

NBA is not pissed.

I do.

Be amazed...check out how many threads there are on here about the NBA. Especially for a majority of posters that have no rooting interest in a local NBA team.

Thats not the problem.

Most people value working conditions over pay. Would you be forced to take a job just because it was the highest paying. Of course not, other factors involved that make a big difference. Same with some of these guys.

GSW created a very attractive destination where winning is THE ultimate goal. Players sacrifice shots, stats, clock, $, etc for that goal. Your problem is that its GS thats doing it and not Houston.

And you're ok with it now cause it's your team. I already said if it was Houston I'd cheer and relish a title or two.. But while fully accepting that Houston is creating an unfair advantage.

Stop comparing this to desk jobs, also. Why are people doing that? This is entertainment, that's the business. Fans won't watch games if it's TOO one sided. "work conditions"? OK lol. Also, side argument.. You're very much so underselling pay as it pertains to work conditions. Not that it matters much for this argument.. Because again.. Comparing the NBA to mopping kitchens isn't a good argument. No one, certainly not me, is blaming a. The players or b. The organization for trying to fabricate titles this way... Instead it's the NBA who needs to address it.

Salary caps were put in place for a reason. The NBA needs some sort of balance. Golden State has side stepped that.

The finals will be fine.. Not so sure about regular season ratings. I can't imagine those will go up.. But I could be wrong.

Yep, his legacy is surely tarnished now. Can’t even win a ring without team jumping
Literally nobody can except Curry, Thompson, and Green. It'd be nice if at the very least the BBN could have Cousins' back, but I guess that's too much to ask for. Perfect situation for the guy, and all of us should be thrilled for him, not talking down on him.

Because everyone is so enamored trying to compare the NBA to a desk job.. Here's a more accurate picture:

The NBA is the parent company.. And it has 30 divisions. 1 division was able to attract all the talent, taking away from the rest of the 29. They didn't do anything wrong, though. However, those divisions began to suffer and therefore so did the parent company.

Again, I don't blame the players or the organization for trying this. But like all sports where one team/organization/player is able to exploit the current setup, they need to adjust.

They had competition this year. They were down 3-2 to the rockets and then Chris Paul got hurt.

And you're ok with it now cause it's your team. I already said if it was Houston I'd cheer and relish a title or two.. But while fully accepting that Houston is creating an unfair advantage.

Stop comparing this to desk jobs, also. Why are people doing that? This is entertainment, that's the business. Fans won't watch games if it's TOO one sided. "work conditions"? OK lol. Also, side argument.. You're very much so underselling pay as it pertains to work conditions. Not that it matters much for this argument.. Because again.. Comparing the NBA to mopping kitchens isn't a good argument. No one, certainly not me, is blaming a. The players or b. The organization for trying to fabricate titles this way... Instead it's the NBA who needs to address it.

Salary caps were put in place for a reason. The NBA needs some sort of balance. Golden State has side stepped that.

The point is players should be able to choose who they play for during their free agency. Theres no side stepping.

People will watch. Fans will watch. Theres almost 8 million people just in the Bay Area and theyre not rooting for Charlotte or Indiana.

DC has a reputation as a coach killer knucklehead who takes bad shots and loafs on defense who by the way is coming off a serious injury and will probably miss about half the regular season. Everybody saw a opportunity to low ball him. He just said “Eff it, if I’m not going to get paid, I’ll just go get a ring.”

The point is players should be able to choose who they play for during their free agency. Theres no side stepping.

People will watch. Fans will watch. Theres almost 8 million people just in the Bay Area and theyre not rooting for Charlotte or Indiana.

You feel that same way if in 5 years Dallas does this same thing, creating teams that the rest of the league can't compete with? And remember, with basketball, you only need a few players. Once one team does this, it's hard to stop it. I imagine even when Klay goes, some other star will say "gimme a ring for 2/3rds of my salary" and this keeps going.

This is part of the reason why sports have salary caps.

Neither of us know what this means for the NBA. But, I can't imagine regular season and even the early portions of the playoffs wont be hurt by this. We're not talking about a favorite anymore.. We're talking about injury-aside, the 2019 season being over 4 Months before it started. That's not good for the league.

He's coming off a major injury. He won't be ready for the start of the season.

Stop with the "he has tarnished his legacy" bullshit.

No one knows if he'll fully recover from his injury. That's why he only got such a small one year deal.

He's going to a team that won't need him to rush back... a team that won't need him to be a top scorer... a team where he can slowly work his way back into the rotation and HOPEFULLY earn himself a big contract from a different team next summer.

Don't do that...he is doing it the right way. His legacy will be great because he has chosen to stay in N.O. and will be the man and compete for titles that way.[winking]

i'd actually be pretty happy if the new orleans gets wall, ulis, and knight. they can recreate a powerhouse

ADVERTISEMENT