ADVERTISEMENT

Bamba and Duke??

Yeah this is a different recruitment though as his best friend goes to UK who even has the same freaking b-day and a few other friends do to. It all makes too much sense. Also notice how Cal hasn't even sniffed another big in months and months and also he said yesterday we weren't done .

Hey...i totally agree that UK makes sense. My pick is UK also; however...not to beat a dead horse, the Duke/UNC picks were educated guesses because they made the most sense.

Fisher will also tell you that he like everyone else does not know, nor do coaches know & probably will not know until Bamba picks.

Just proves that you think and believe what you want to. The Duke staff doesn't feel confident. That should tell you something. You just continue to fear Duke for some reason. He won't be there.

I don't fear Duke. All I know is that no one knows anything about Bamba & our fanbase needs to understand that while UK makes the most sense & should be what an educated fan guesses; that indeed anything could happen with Bamba. Everyone is purely guessing.

Duke staff has not felt confident for a while. I've heard Bamba doesn't like Capel, but who knows.

Hey...i totally agree that UK makes sense. My pick is UK also; however...not to beat a dead horse, the Duke/UNC picks were educated guesses because they made the most sense.

Fisher will also tell you that he like everyone else does not know, nor do coaches know & probably will not know until Bamba picks.

Continue to believe what you want and ignore the obvious.

Fisher has no idea what the coaches know or feel. He's just guessing.

Hopefully your Duke paranoia disappears when Bamba doesn't attend Duke.

Reactions: wcc31
I don't fear Duke. All I know is that no one knows anything about Bamba & our fanbase needs to understand that while UK makes the most sense & should be what an educated fan guesses; that indeed anything could happen with Bamba. Everyone is purely guessing.

Duke staff has not felt confident for a while. I've heard Bamba doesn't like Capel, but who knows.
Your posts are pointless and silly. I'm putting you on ignore. Do the same to me please.

I normally dont like to say for sure whether I think we are gonna land a recruit or not....but I feel very confident we are landing Bamba especially after Cals comments today about us not being done yet with our recruiting class.

You have problems. And you're an idiot that you think Chris "knows" when he says himself he does not.

What's your problem?

Last edited:
Reactions: justin_uk_5
It still doesn't mean anything. You don't let one recruit's choice dictate how you follow other recruits and their decisions. For some reason, you continue to think Duke has a shot.

Look at the facts. Duke's coaches don't think they have a shot (and they would be beating their chests if they did). Bamba has said multiple times that he's playing for a coach he has a GREAT relationship. It's a know fact that he doesn't have that with Coach K. Quit grasping at straws.
I don't think he is going to pick Duke but no one is beating their chests. There is no concrete info to go by(as Fisher said) how can anyone be sure where he is going?

BBN forgive me for...saying what Chris Fisher & anyone in the know is saying about Bamba. Essentially that no one knows anything.

It turns out JayCatz44 has the inside scoop. Heck, he even knows Chris Fisher is lying & really knows for sure Bamba is attending UK.

Some of you guys are too much of a homer for me. Good grief! All signs point toward UK but Bamba is different & anything could happen.

JayCatz44 is the most knowledgeable UK fan & insider in the universe.

Cal seems pretty confident our recruiting is not over for the season.I don't know if he means Bamba,Johnson or someone we don't know about but I think we add at least one player to the roster.

Not going to mention his username, but I just spoke with a guy who everyone trusts on this board, and usually has very good info.

He said the last he heard UK still had the edge.

TIFWIW.

Not going to mention his username, but I just spoke with a guy who everyone trusts on this board, and usually has very good info.

He said the last he heard UK still had the edge.

TIFWIW.
I've never in my 15 years of following recruiting been more certain a top recruit wasn't coming to UK than Kevin Knox.

I knew nothing then and I know nothing now.

But I don't see how Bamba doesn't go to Kentucky, all your boys have joined together and are all calling out to you to complete the puzzle. This was always going to happen since the day Quade Green committed.

I'm going to say this again with recruiting nobody and I mean nobody on the outside know nothing and sometimes the coaches don't.

Reactions: topps coach
Bamba to UK makes the most sense. Most of the time in recruiting that's what happens, simple common sense.

Even Knox to UK was common sense if you think about it. Duke sold him on the 3/4. Kentucky sold him on the 2/3. Knox himself stated he wanted to play a lot of 2. He ends up at UK.

Bamba will be at UK, and yea we need him. Richards isn't a slam dunk, And Bamba is the natural lob dunking big that can control the paint. We don't have one of those.

We still need Johnson and Bamba, especially if Diallo doesn't return.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
I've never in my 15 years of following recruiting been more certain a top recruit wasn't coming to UK than Kevin Knox.

I knew nothing then and I know nothing now.

But I don't see how Bamba doesn't go to Kentucky, all your boys have joined together and are all calling out to you to complete the puzzle. This was always going to happen since the day Quade Green committed.

Exactly.

Bamba as it stands now I don't have any clue. With Green at UK and having played and practiced with most of the team I'm re-learning the art of patience again. I've convinced myself we'll probably lose Diallo and I think we would be OK if Bamba goes elsewhere. Cam you could be our last recruit, Zona might not have the room for you. On May the 24th we will be extremely close to finishing up our class! .......BBN

I don't think he is going to pick Duke but no one is beating their chests. There is no concrete info to go by(as Fisher said) how can anyone be sure where he is going?

No one really knows. These families can play it tight right down to the wire, and the whole time they knew where they were going.

As I said above, most recruitments fall into the common sense category.

Reason 1 - Kentucky took Green in large part because of the trio. So far even Knox comittted. Bamba is next in that line.

Reason 2 - Kentucky effect.

Reason 3 - Calipari effect on big men. No place is better than Kentucky with working gifted big men into our system and beyond.

Reason 4 - Duke is in a recruiting downswing. We've been there, when it rains it pours.

So Bamba will turn down Kentucky with his best friends already on roster, the best OAD coach who invented this system, and a team just about championship run ready?

Don't think so.

And Duke & UNC are the favorites for Knox

You are absolutely obsessed with comparing Bamba's recruitment to Knox.

They are two completely different people. Two completely different recruitments.

John Calipari has signed a shit ton of kids since being here and each recruitment was unique in its own way.

Bottom line. Cal loses some, but wins most. I'd rather have him closing on a kid in our corner than any coach in the game.

It's not just Kentucky media and fans confident about Bamba. Cal is stating with confidence he's not done with this class and besides Johnson, there is nobody else he's after.

The staff hasn't reached out to a single big besides Bamba since Richards committed. Tells me all I need to know.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
I dont know who's more effing mental...... Bushy Bill with his Paddock thread about the flat earth or Gracetoyou and his Duke paranoia

The only thing they have going for them right now... is that at least they aren't UMM.

I can guarantee you 100% Chris knows what the Kentucky assistant coaches feel.
That's your opinion. Cal and the UK staff don't talk much and when they do it's for a purpose.

Last thing I'll say about Knox is that a few in the media were saying for months that Knox himself preferred UK. It was his dad who supposably liked Duke. It appears a few of those media members were right about Knox.

I guarantee it will be Kentucky or Texas. I'm just using common sense.

Why do people "guarantee" recruiting results? You don't actually have the inside track on what the kid is thinking, at all. Somebody tweeting something, or you extrapolating a ton of "information" based on one line the kid said months ago, has nothing to do with common sense. None of this has anything to do with common sense.

The only common sense to be had about recruiting is that when a kid has offers from X amount of schools and cuts their list down to a few schools, it will be one of those schools rather than one of the schools they cut. That's common sense. Compare it to any other "information" and you see a stark contrast.

Why do people "guarantee" recruiting results? You don't actually have the inside track on what the kid is thinking, at all. Somebody tweeting something, or you extrapolating a ton of "information" based on one line the kid said months ago, has nothing to do with common sense. None of this has anything to do with common sense.

The only common sense to be had about recruiting is that when a kid has offers from X amount of schools and cuts their list down to a few schools, it will be one of those schools rather than one of the schools they cut. That's common sense. Compare it to any other "information" and you see a stark contrast.

Hope I am wrong but our chances are slim and none and slim is 95% out the door. If I had to guess it is 90% percent for KY and 10% between us and Texas

Folks forget that recruiting is fluid

I hate to be the Debby downer to that guy but dukes out of scholarships

Good!

But for the record,
1. I've never said one time that Bamba was going to Duke.

2. Nor have I said that Bamba's recruitment will end up like Knox & Bamba choosing somewhere no one expected. I only used Knox recruitment as an example of how insiders are no insiders when a family is NOT talking to anyone.

3. What I've stated is that NO ONE knows anything about Bamba's thinking. His recruitment is even quiter than Knox's. So really nothing would be surprising. I wouldn't count anyone out...including Duke. UK makes the most sense...Texas being right there makes sense because of relationship with Shaka. But I DO NOT believe Bamba being down to UK & Texas came from Bamba or his family. It's a good educated guess. And guys like Cory Evans who 1st stated that will admit that.

FWIW, I'm of the opinion that Bolden wanted to transfer because of fears of Bamba coming & having to compete for minutes. Bolden staying to me was the loudest cry that Bamba was not going to Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT