ADVERTISEMENT

******Bama vs UK Official Game Thread...Dedicated to CINDOG******

Good first half. It would’ve been a great half if not for the turnovers and bad rebounding. Quite a few of Bama’s offensive boards were the result of too many players going for the shot block instead of maintaining position and rebounding.

They did us a favor shooting with 10 seconds left but we couldn't capitalize at the end.

Still up 10 despite them hitting the 3 at the end and us missing.

Need to clean up the defensive glass some and cut down on the unforced turnovers which they did in the last 10 minutes of the half.

Reactions: Fox2monk
8 fouls called in first half. Don’t expect that to be the same in the 2nd. I’ll predict 24 fouls in the next half. Someone will call the refs and say “you’re a bit too tight”.

Yeah. They let the play go on both ends. I thought a few of those Sestina plays could have been fouls. But I also thought Hagans/Quickley got nailed by Bama defenders in the air.

It also helps Alabama plays fast. We are much better playing quick and in transition than a slower paced half court game.

that’s why I’d never take the Under today. It was a trap bet.

Which is why this team has looked so dreafful despite actually not being that bad of an offensive team. We need to be the ones pushing a pace more like this one every game. For some reason, I guess to get ready for the NCAAT, we focus more on halfcourt games trying to get that right.

Sick shot by Petty at the buzzer. He had to scrape the moon to get it over Nick.

Alabama is going to make threes in the second half. To keep or extend this lead, we will have to clean up the glass and take much better care of the ball.

Reactions: STL_Cat
If not for all the offensive rebounds we have given up, we would be up 20.

TOs cost UK even bigger half time lead.

This!!!

Nick gets too far under the goal when he isn't trying to block a shot and when he does, the rest of our team doesn't rotate to block out and we give up Offensive Rebounds. It has been that way ALL year.

As for the turnovers, Hagans and Maxey get in too big of a hurry when the opponent plays an up-tempo like Bama.

Both of those areas should be fixable, but it hasn't been yet.

The product on the floor improves exponentially when less fouls are called. It’s actually fun to watch. I wish more games were called and played like this

Clean up the turnovers and the giving up offensive rebounds and we’ll be fine

Alabama is averaging almost 16 turnovers a game and only had 5 in the first half. They'll probably start giving us the ball at some point. Crushing them in the possession game will be imperative in the second half since they'll find their shooting touch at some point.

At my first game of the year at rupp. My observations so far in the first half are. Nate and IQ should be starting over Brooks and EJ. Whitney should not be the first guy off the bench it’s stupid.
Brooks is a good player and he’ll come around for us eventually. Whitney looks lost and seems like he’s just trying to get his.
Our guys need to learn how to use the screens better. They don’t cut close enough to the screener to lose their defender.
Too much focus on trying to block shots are leading to offensive rebounds but that’s nothing new.
Team has a lot of potential just need to put it all together.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Right now Whitney is nothing more than a combine champion. Guy has no clue how to play basketball yet

My main question with him is WHY shoot jumpshots when you RARELY make them and your best asset is your athletic ability? Heck, the one time he drove the ball, even though he missed, we scored because he drew 2 defenders and Nick got a DUNK!! Why not play to your strengths??!!!!!

Can't believe we lost to OSU after the way they have played the last 3 games.

I watched that game a 2nd time about a week ago. I'll never watch it again. There were at least 6 calls right where UK was gaining momentum, and were not obvious calls against UK, that went against UK. If there ever was a game to show a court that officials were on the take that game would be it. They weren't even trying to disguise it. Refs never really cost a team a game, but sometimes their calls make it hard to ignore.

We gotta get Whitney in and give him a chance. He's just a freshman... it will come together. Just hope he doesnt transfer.

I don’t understand why we have to get him in and give him a chance if he’s just not ready. He should play spot minutes at most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT