ADVERTISEMENT

Allie LaForce - Lebron James post game interview

Pete broke the one unbreakable rule in baseball, then spent decades lying about it (even profiting from it). If the guy had just come clean from the start, he might be in Cooperstown right now. Now he never will, and rightfully so. Hell of a player though.
Personally, I think players using the juice is worse. At least Pete never bet against his own team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That's sad to hear. After the loss the other night pop was doing a pretty comical stand up comedy routine. Would've thought all is fine with him judging by that post game interview. This is the first I've heard about this. And judging by how pop was carrying himself other night I'm assuming this was very sudden and tragic as nothing seemed wrong wth him then. Sad to hear as pop seems like a great dude. Prayers to pop and the fambam.

Apparently lebron knew the question was about to be asked. I guess no research was done in order for him to have any clue whatsoever as to what really happened to know if he was blindsided or not or he just assumed for the sake of assuming without knowing like any bad journalist would and then speak on the matter anyways. Or if it's just anything and everything to pump up lebron and make him seem like the greatest human ever and to find a way, any way to put lebron and class in the same sentence.

Last edited:
Not t
Pete broke the one unbreakable rule in baseball, then spent decades lying about it (even profiting from it). If the guy had just come clean from the start, he might be in Cooperstown right now. Now he never will, and rightfully so. Hell of a player though.
he point. Jim grey is a douche for asking that at an inappropriate time. Guy is a total douche and I have less respect for him than the roofaree. Though to do

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
These sideline reports and interviews have absolutely no value and I can't stand them. Simply a huge waste of time and usually leads to ridiculous instances like this.
If I can I always fast forward through them or mute it.

These sideline reports and interviews have absolutely no value and I can't stand them. Simply a huge waste of time and usually leads to ridiculous instances like this.
why is it ridiculous if Lebron agreed to address it beforehand? Because he did.

That's what's been reported, correct?

No, that's what Pete claims.

But Pete's also been proven to be a pathological lying huckster with no moral boundaries in nearly all aspects of his personal life. So pardon us for being reluctant to take his word on it.

Last edited:

HA! The Hall of Fame is non-existent to me minus Rose in it. Rightfully so my ass.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
No, that's what Pete claims.

But Pete's also been proven to be a pathological lying huckster with no moral boundaries in nearly all aspects of his personal life. So pardon us for being reluctant to take his word on it.
[
There was no evidence ever found of him betting against his own team. You don't think they checked?! [laughing]

LaForce tells Lebron during post game interview that Popovich’s wife just died and asked for his reaction.

Bad timing or effective journalism?
She asked the best player in the game about his thoughts on the passing of Pop's wife. It wasn't anyone in Lebron's family, his coach, former coach, neighbor, best friend. Sorry, while it may be a tough question it wasn't distasteful.

Listening to the Mad Dog this morning and he stated that Ernie Johnson confirmed that LeBron was given a heads up before she asked so no one on that show had a problem with the question being asked but questioned why lebron acted so surprised when the red light went on since he already knew. Tough question to ask but he wasn’t ambushed.

Listening to the Mad Dog this morning and he stated that Ernie Johnson confirmed that LeBron was given a heads up before she asked so no one on that show had a problem with the question being asked but questioned why lebron acted so surprised when the red light went on since he already knew. Tough question to ask but he wasn’t ambushed.

If that’s true, his response seemed a little contrived. Especially the cursing.

Reactions: dezyDeco
She asked the best player in the game about his thoughts on the passing of Pop's wife. It wasn't anyone in Lebron's family, his coach, former coach, neighbor, best friend. Sorry, while it may be a tough question it wasn't distasteful.

You don’t have to be sorry.

But the set up to the question is that they were close. Hence, the reason for asking the question about Pop’s wife, as opposed to say, Barbara Bush.

There are people (not family) I have been close to that have died, and I was shocked and emotional to hear of their passing.

I think most humans are this way.

Last edited:
Yep. Not surprising that there would be an idiot who thinks the proper punishment for being criticial of Trump would be the death of his wife.
Agreed...and I'm pro-Trump. I take no delight out of other's misfortunes no matter who and/or what.

If that’s true, his response seemed a little contrived. Especially the cursing.

That was the consensus of those on the radio show. I dont listen to the Mad Dog often and when I first tuned in he was questioning the fairness of LaForce asking the question but then when it was brought to his attention that Ernie Johnson (who he apparently holds in high regard) confirmed that LaForce prepped LeBron shortly before going on camera then he acknowledged that it had to be a tough question for her to ask. The conversation then turned to the reaction of LeBron.

Reactions: UKUGA
Personally, I think players using the juice is worse. At least Pete never bet against his own team.

Completely disagree. All sports (baseball, basketball, football, etc.) share one fundamental principle. Two opponents or teams are going to compete against each other and try their hardest to defeat the other.

When players cheat, either by breaking in game rules or by steroids, they are still adhering to that fundamental principle. They’re simply trying to gain an unfair advantage.

Gambling is completely different in that it can create a situation where players are now violating sport’s most fundamental principle. And when that happens, it ceases to be a sport and becomes something like pro wrestling.

With steroids, you never have to doubt that an athlete is competing. With gambling you do.

He cursed a couple of times.

Looked like he was about to cry at one point.

Otherwise, made the expected comments about prayers, etc.

Here’s what gets me. Before they went on together, you could see her in the background talking to him. In retrospect, I think she could have let him know then. But then she might have lost her interview.

I saw on Twitter that she had told him off air and asked if he wanted to speak on it. Everyone shouldn't jump to conclusions and crucify the poor woman without knowing all the facts.

TNT and LaForce were criticized for having what appeared to be poor timing, but James said late Wednesday (via his media company UNINTERRUPTED) that LaForce broke the news to him prior to the interview and asked him if he wanted to comment.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/allie-laforce-tnt-interview-lebron-james-erin-popovich-death-gregg-popovich-spurs-coach-nba-playoffs/14n96iv9n9xo1oo92wppmbsse

Turner Sports’ Allie LaForce informed James of Spurs coach Gregg Popovich’s wife’s death before asking him his thoughts on live television, Ernie Johnson clarified on air after James’ Cavaliers’ defeated the Pacers in Game 2, 100-97, to even the series.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/allie-laforce-questioned-for-asking-lebron-about-popovichs-wife/

Lebron was putting on a show...this is basketball, not the theatre Lebron.

I hate Pop to death, think he is an arrogant prick, one of the biggest POS's in coaching and has a personality that would go well on a Belicheck/Pop radio show after they both call it quits. That said, very sad to hear about the passing of his wife and thoughts with the family.

I saw on Twitter that she had told him off air and asked if he wanted to speak on it. Everyone shouldn't jump to conclusions and crucify the poor woman without knowing all the facts.

Right. Because we always get all the facts.

The way she framed the question and his response made it seem like it was fresh news.

I guess what I really like is this: “Hey Lebron, Greg Popovich’s wife just died, but it’s really important that you first discuss the intensity you brought at the start of the game. Let’s talk about that, and the team’s late game defense, then I will ask you about your friend’s wife’s sudden passing, and we will remind people that life is bigger than basketball. Sound good?”

That was the consensus of those on the radio show. I dont listen to the Mad Dog often and when I first tuned in he was questioning the fairness of LaForce asking the question but then when it was brought to his attention that Ernie Johnson (who he apparently holds in high regard) confirmed that LaForce prepped LeBron shortly before going on camera then he acknowledged that it had to be a tough question for her to ask. The conversation then turned to the reaction of LeBron.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: flacat22
I am just going to wait for all the people saying what a horrible human being Allie was for blindsiding LeBron to come back and say what a douche they were to jump to conclusions and accuse her of something she didn't do. :popcorn:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT