ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN/Bronny J love fest

Bronny James has played 10 games and spent the first 8 getting ramped up to play more minutes after going into cardiac arrest and sitting out 4 months. Comparing his stats considering he plays behind Boogie Ellis and Isiah Collier to a guy who played on a below average CUSA team isn’t exactly fair. Marcus Jordan was a 3 star recruit playing with a bunch no star recruits against a CUSA schedule.
We’ll see, won’t we? I think he’s only gotten the attention he has because of his name. He shouldn’t have been a McDonalds All-American, either.

I hear what you're saying but he probably has the largest social media following of anyone in CBB.
ESPN is really not targeting the average CBB fan in their coverage of Bronny.
Yep, the uneducated normies are skewing things for the rest of us. I think we can all agree that the internet presents a false reality. I see so many people willing to die on the hill that the kid is league ready which is embarrassing in my opinion.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Bronny James has played 10 games and spent the first 8 getting ramped up to play more minutes after going into cardiac arrest and sitting out 4 months. Comparing his stats considering he plays behind Boogie Ellis and Isiah Collier to a guy who played on a below average CUSA team isn’t exactly fair. Marcus Jordan was a 3 star recruit playing with a bunch no star recruits against a CUSA schedule.
If you can honestly say he'd be an NBA prospect if his dad wasn't LeBron then you are delusional. He will never make it in the NBA as he isn't that caliber. He is an above average ball player but he isn't NBA Caliber. He is mid major talent at best, as was Marcus Jordan so agree to disagree.

Bryce James has a much better chance of being an actual NBA player. Bronny will make the league, but only because of Lebron.

If you can honestly say he'd be an NBA prospect if his dad wasn't LeBron then you are delusional. He will never make it in the NBA as he isn't that caliber. He is an above average ball player but he isn't NBA Caliber. He is mid major talent at best, as was Marcus Jordan so agree to disagree.

Bryce James has a much better chance of being an actual NBA player. Bronny will make the league, but only because of Lebron.

I don't know how much, but the heart issue shouldn't just be waived off. There is a lot of projection left in him which has to do with his dad as well. You can't ignore that either. I do think he will make a big fresh-soph leap. Bryce James isn't even top 100 in his class btw.

This is going to sound callous, but I have a feeling people are going to be using the heart thing as an excuse for Bronny’s poor play for a while.

Fwiw, I have a congenital heart defect that didn’t get identified and surgically corrected until later in life as well. My situation sounds very similar to what Bronny went through. Sounds like it was in the “electrical” and not the “plumbing.” For people that say he had a heart attack (I know that’s not you), that’s not what happened at all.

The heart issue put his training and adjustment to college ball behind. But he is not close to starting at a top 25 program. But he would start at sub 100 programs. That makes him above average freshman. He is better than Askew and Green were. He brings more to the table than Boston did. Those are average college freshmen.

IF the lakers draft him, it will be because of 2 things. 1 his daddy will pay other teams not to take him. or 2 his daddy will take a massive pay cut to get him on the team. no honest team looks at him now as being draftable. maybe as a free agent walkon. but there are too many other players than can help their team before this kid.

This is going to sound callous, but I have a feeling people are going to be using the heart thing as an excuse for Bronny’s poor play for a while.

Fwiw, I have a congenital heart defect that didn’t get identified and surgically corrected until later in life as well. My situation sounds very similar to what Bronny went through. Sounds like it was in the “electrical” and not the “plumbing.” For people that say he had a heart attack (I know that’s not you), that’s not what happened at all.

I would excuse this year because of it, but definitely not next year. It's not just the issue itself, it's all the handcuffs they put on him with training and everything.

Justin isn’t good enough to create his own shot. He has a nice shot as well, but we may never know because of his limitations.

Bronny has a nice shot and a quick pull up enabling him to get shots off at any level.

I predict Bronny has more success than Edwards as a pro. I can’t see Edwards with a career in the league unless he stays in college and gets better against this level of comp.
He became a success when he popped out of his mom's vayjay.

I don't know how much, but the heart issue shouldn't just be waived off. There is a lot of projection left in him which has to do with his dad as well. You can't ignore that either. I do think he will make a big fresh-soph leap. Bryce James isn't even top 100 in his class btw.
You realize Bronny won't be back for a sophomore year right?

Bryce will be 6'7+ so his upside is bigger. LeBron is athletically gifted but let's face the facts. If he was 6'3-6'4 Like Bronny he'd only be an above average player. He is what he is because he is 6'9 255.

You realize Bronny won't be back for a sophomore year right?

Bryce will be 6'7+ so his upside is bigger. LeBron is athletically gifted but let's face the facts. If he was 6'3-6'4 Like Bronny he'd only be an above average player. He is what he is because he is 6'9 255.
Disagree, Bron would be a great player at that height, he'd just be a point guard. He's one of the best passers of all time.

Reactions: UK90 and nptb
I really dislike LeBron. But can’t hate him for being involved, giving his kid best opportunities to succeed, rooting for his son, etc. many don’t have that.

That being said, Bronny going to the Lakers and playing a game with LeBron is as sure a bet as any and none of it will be deserved.
Playing with his Dad is where the love fest should end. Bronny just isn't very good and his Pops is overrated. Sure he's way up there in stats, but he would've endeared himself to more fans had he not pulled load management like a lot of other wussy players today. Also he really should've just shut up and dribbled. Different times I reckon. I have no room for these SJWs in my life. You got it good LeBron. You've made a crap ton of money. Be thankful you grew up where you did. You still aren't better than Larry Bird who is the best SF in NBA history.

It seems like everyday ESPN has headlines for Bronny James. Dude only averages 5.8 ppg 2.5 rebs and his team sucks. I understand he's Lebron James' son, but come on the kid is just an average freshman player. No need for all the attention and running him down everyone's throat. I watched some of the Arizona vs USC game and it was sickening listening to the commentators go on about him. If his last name wasn't James, he would barely sniff the floor for most P5 schools.
How does one of big Zs plays not make ESPN top 10, I thought they would do a whole montage to him. Being his first minutes in college basketball and probably going to be a force in the NBA. But notta.

I am sorry on what anyone says about them. They are such haters. Even Goodman and those guys on field of 68 went crazy about big Z's debut.

Bron saying he could play for the Lakers right now is a sad joke.
Well good ole Lebron has screwed up rosters with his buddies getting contracts for three teams now.

Tristan Thompson contracts
Jr Smith contrat
His idea to trade good players for Westbrook
The crazy hair dude his first Cleveland go round

Lebron is a great player….but he’s a terrible quasi GM. And Bronny is about the level of Edwards snd Livingston from Ky../and those dudes are not nba dudes after one year

I really dislike LeBron. But can’t hate him for being involved, giving his kid best opportunities to succeed, rooting for his son, etc. many don’t have that.

That being said, Bronny going to the Lakers and playing a game with LeBron is as sure a bet as any and none of it will be deserved.
I don’t know, Lebron James will be 40 possibly coming of of a year with a losing record and likely no playoffs in the last year of his contract. He doesn’t have the pull on the Lakers most think.

Andy Enfield hasn’t done as well at USC as expected. When he built up FGC, I thought he was going to become one of the next hot commodities. And with his wealth and his wife he seemed to be built for that So Cal environment. I do feel bad for him and the rest of the USC team this year. The Bronny thing is a circus. He’s the story and nothing anyone does is going to matter more than that. The whole thing has to be horribly distracting. All that said, Enfield mostly knew what he was going to get when he took on Bronny and maybe the attention offsets any basketball related goals for the year

This is 💯. Except Marcus Jordan was better. He averaged 8ppg his Freshman year.

Even in high school Bronny averaged 8 ppg in his junior year and 14 his senior year. If he wasn't LeBron son he would've been a 3 star recruit. Not hating, but the numbers and facts don't lie.
He was a nothing special junior and really improved his game as a senior but, yeah, the hype is about whose son he is, not about his talent.

Reactions: STL_Cat
How does one of big Zs plays not make ESPN top 10, I thought they would do a whole montage to him. Being his first minutes in college basketball and probably going to be a force in the NBA. But notta.

I am sorry on what anyone says about them. They are such haters. Even Goodman and those guys on field of 68 went crazy about big Z's debut.
penis-penis-espn-sign.jpg

We’ll see, won’t we? I think he’s only gotten the attention he has because of his name. He shouldn’t have been a McDonalds All-American, either.
Did you watch the McDonalds All American game? He was as good as any guard there.

Did you watch the McDonalds All American game? He was as good as any guard there.
The McDonald’s All-American game is largely a joke, yes I watched it.

He did not deserve to be there and wouldn’t have been if his last name was not James.

The McDonald’s All-American game is largely a joke, yes I watched it.

He did not deserve to be there and wouldn’t have been if his last name was not James.
If you watched it and have watched the past 20 Mickey D games, you would know that last years game was the most intense game of the 2000's. If people weren't so hateful and actually paid attention you would know that Reed and Bronny play the exact same game. No hero ball and try and always make the right play. If Bronny wanted to average 30 in high school he could have. Just like Reed could have averaged 40 in high school if he wanted to. That is not smart basketball.
That said I wouldn't draft Bronny at all in 2024 and would like to see what he does playing a whole year in 2025. Reed is a lottery pick and his game and Bronny's are the exact same. Both very smart basketball players.

If you watched it and have watched the past 20 Mickey D games, you would know that last years game was the most intense game of the 2000's. If people weren't so hateful and actually paid attention you would know that Reed and Bronny play the exact same game. No hero ball and try and always make the right play. If Bronny wanted to average 30 in high school he could have. Just like Reed could have averaged 40 in high school if he wanted to. That is not smart basketball.
That said I wouldn't draft Bronny at all in 2024 and would like to see what he does playing a whole year in 2025. Reed is a lottery pick and his game and Bronny's are the exact same. Both very smart basketball players.
Man, Reed and Bronny “play the same game.” I’ll stop you there.

Stop.

Disagree, Bron would be a great player at that height, he'd just be a point guard. He's one of the best passers of all time.
Yeah but he wouldn’t be all world in the top 5 of all time. At least 65% of his scoring his due to him being so athletic and big that he could drive on anyone. It took him like 7-8 years before he could consistently hit a 3. He shoot a ton of FT because of his name and athletic ability/size too. So yeah he would be a good pro but not a 19 time all star or whatever.

Yeah but he wouldn’t be all world in the top 5 of all time. At least 65% of his scoring his due to him being so athletic and big that he could drive on anyone. It took him like 7-8 years before he could consistently hit a 3. He shoot a ton of FT because of his name and athletic ability/size too. So yeah he would be a good pro but not a 19 time all star or whatever.
Larry Bird wouldn't be Larry Bird if he was 6'2. Magic Johnson wouldn't be Magic Johnson if he was 6'2. Michael Jordan wouldn't be who he is if he was 5'10. You get what I'm saying right?

You can’t be serious…judging based upon a glorified pickup /give a crap McDonald’s all star game?😀

Reactions: JrandoUK
It seems like everyday ESPN has headlines for Bronny James. Dude only averages 5.8 ppg 2.5 rebs and his team sucks. I understand he's Lebron James' son, but come on the kid is just an average freshman player. No need for all the attention and running him down everyone's throat. I watched some of the Arizona vs USC game and it was sickening listening to the commentators go on about him. If his last name wasn't James, he would barely sniff the floor for most P5 schools.
That’s why I don’t watch ESPN😂

Lakers don't care about winning titles anymore or lebron wouldn't still be on the roster. Time to move on.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
You can’t be serious…judging based upon a glorified pickup /give a crap McDonald’s all star game?😀
I've saw both play up close and personal in high school. What Reed is doing, is what was expected of Bronny before the medical emergency over the summer. The national media didn't know how athletic Reed is, that is why they are so surprised. Basketball players can adjust and do different things on different teams. You put Reed on that USC squad and he could probably get you close to 20 a night and would more than likely have to because that team is atrocious. He doesn't have to do that in the UK blue.

Kentucky board, 78 post so far on 8-10 USC’s 7th leading scorer. I have no idea why ESPN would give more coverage to a player who gets this much heat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT