ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN/Bronny J love fest

Oct 29, 2015
It seems like everyday ESPN has headlines for Bronny James. Dude only averages 5.8 ppg 2.5 rebs and his team sucks. I understand he's Lebron James' son, but come on the kid is just an average freshman player. No need for all the attention and running him down everyone's throat. I watched some of the Arizona vs USC game and it was sickening listening to the commentators go on about him. If his last name wasn't James, he would barely sniff the floor for most P5 schools.

It seems like everyday ESPN has headlines for Bronny James. Dude only averages 5.8 ppg 2.5 rebs and his team sucks. I understand he's Lebron James' son, but come on the kid is just an average freshman player. No need for all the attention and running him down everyone's throat. I watched some of the Arizona vs USC game and it was sickening listening to the commentators go on about him. If his last name wasn't James, he would barely sniff the floor for most P5 schools.
I hear what you're saying but he probably has the largest social media following of anyone in CBB.
ESPN is really not targeting the average CBB fan in their coverage of Bronny.

I think he becomes a pretty decent NBA player. He’s a good shooter with a nice pull up game.
Well…not sure exactly. He is shooting 36%FG and 23%3pt

It would be like highlight every game for Justin Edwards on our team…except Justin isn’t as bad and actually plays in a top ranked team. USC is hot garbage and headed for a sub 500 season

ESPN isn’t about sports…it’s all entertainment and then some of their political crap

miami marlins GIF

Most people athletic enough to even sniff the floor should be able to hit 23% of their threes. I’d imagine he practices them so how bad of a shooter was he to start off?

It ridiculous, every game they are like USC losses by 30, Bronny has a sick layup and assist! Looks at box score: 5 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in 25 minutes. 2-10 from the field.

Well…not sure exactly. He is shooting 36%FG and 23%3pt

It would be like highlight every game for Justin Edwards on our team…except Justin isn’t as bad and actually plays in a top ranked team. USC is hot garbage and headed for a sub 500 season

ESPN isn’t about sports…it’s all entertainment and then some of their political crap
Justin isn’t good enough to create his own shot. He has a nice shot as well, but we may never know because of his limitations.

Bronny has a nice shot and a quick pull up enabling him to get shots off at any level.

I predict Bronny has more success than Edwards as a pro. I can’t see Edwards with a career in the league unless he stays in college and gets better against this level of comp.

It ridiculous, every game they are like USC losses by 30, Bronny has a sick layup and assist! Looks at box score: 5 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in 25 minutes. 2-10 from the field.
My 21 year old nephew was with me last weekend, we were hanging out watching sports and Bronny James came up. He like most 21 year olds has his opinions formed solely by social media.. Hes like dude Bronny James is sick I can’t wait to see him play with his dad!

I say cool let’s see what he did tonight. Line for the game:
25 minutes
0-7 FGA
0-3 3PT

I know, just one bad game right. But still, lol.

My 21 year old nephew was with me last weekend, we were hanging out watching sports and Bronny James came up. He like most 21 year olds has his opinions formed solely by social media.. Hes like dude Bronny James is sick I can’t wait to see him play with his dad!

I say cool let’s see what he did tonight. Line for the game:
25 minutes
0-7 FGA
0-3 3PT

I know, just one bad game right. But still, lol.
That makes me sad. No wonder social media propaganda works so well.

In all fairness, they sort of give Shep the same treatment with his parents in the stands. Ofc Shep is 2x the player Bronny is, but still, I get it.

In all fairness, they sort of give Shep the same treatment with his parents in the stands. Ofc Shep is 2x the player Bronny is, but still, I get it.
They don’t have an article every game about Sheppard, literally every single one praising something dumb when he didn’t do squat. The night all the top 10 teams got beat, Bronny James story led the stories on ESPN MBB page.

Justin isn’t good enough to create his own shot. He has a nice shot as well, but we may never know because of his limitations.

Bronny has a nice shot and a quick pull up enabling him to get shots off at any level.

I predict Bronny has more success than Edwards as a pro. I can’t see Edwards with a career in the league unless he stays in college and gets better against this level of comp.
Ok LeBron, whatever you say

Bronny is basically Marcus Jordan but in the “everything I know I know because of social media” era.

Prove me wrong
I’d have to agree, I legit think Bronny has talent and could possibly be a pro but the talk of him getting drafted and playing with dad will only happen because of his name and ability to appease LeBron, even Jordan didn’t have that kinda sway with draft picks.

Bronny is basically Marcus Jordan but in the “everything I know I know because of social media” era.

Prove me wrong
He’s much better all around player than Marcus Jordan. He’s nowhere near NBA ready and will likely need another 2-3 to develop to get to that level. What he also needs is Lebron, Lebron fanboys, and the media to leave him alone and stop putting these expectations on him. Let him be a kid and develop at his own pace.

Reactions: FFWhite
I agree with you, ok? I'm just talking about the fuss over his parents in the stands really.
I figured you mostly did, but still. I feel very differently about guys who earn the attention vs guys who feel manufactured.

Reactions: Mike-McD
He’s much better all around player than Marcus Jordan. He’s nowhere near NBA ready and will likely need another 2-3 to develop to get to that level. What he also needs is Lebron, Lebron fanboys, and the media to leave him alone and stop putting these expectations on him. Let him be a kid and develop at his own pace.
Maybe, there aren’t any numbers that back that up right now though. Marcus had a decent freshman year at UCF

They don’t have an article every game about Sheppard, literally every single one praising something dumb when he didn’t do squat. The night all the top 10 teams got beat, Bronny James story led the stories on ESPN MBB page.
I didn't say it was exactly the same. I meant that I see a similarity. But you're right, it's over the top and he doesn't deserve it.

I didn't say it was exactly the same. I meant that I see a similarity. But you're right, it's over the top and he doesn't deserve it.
Yeah not even close I get that. Mainly because it’s local people talking about his parents because of who they were for the University in the same sport. Nobody in LA is talking about Sheppard or his parents that’s for sure.

Shep is 2X the player as BJ???!! I’m not a math or statistical whiz, but I would venture to guess it’s a whole lot more than twice the value of James.

Cmon man.

Bronny is an above average freshman. Not much more. We will see how he develops. A heart attack will slow down your development.
I laughed at this…because it’s kind of true.

I don’t think he’s as bad as he’s played. But he’s nowhere near draftable status at this point.

Prove me wrong
This is 💯. Except Marcus Jordan was better. He averaged 8ppg his Freshman year.

Even in high school Bronny averaged 8 ppg in his junior year and 14 his senior year. If he wasn't LeBron son he would've been a 3 star recruit. Not hating, but the numbers and facts don't lie.

Reactions: bIhawk
This is 💯. Except Marcus Jordan was better. He averaged 8ppg his Freshman year.
Bronny James has played 10 games and spent the first 8 getting ramped up to play more minutes after going into cardiac arrest and sitting out 4 months. Comparing his stats considering he plays behind Boogie Ellis and Isiah Collier to a guy who played on a below average CUSA team isn’t exactly fair. Marcus Jordan was a 3 star recruit playing with a bunch no star recruits against a CUSA schedule.

Reactions: nptb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT