ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley is making his case to come here.

rabbitTown

Freshman
May 1, 2017
He started the interview with his first statement after the game. And he must be reading the Rafters:

“We just recruit really talented NBA players that are willing to not make it about themselves,” Hurley said. “To be a part of a winning group and to go for all the championships. While doing that, their draft stock is still really, really high. We both win. UConn wins and the players win.”

Yes, because so many schools have been turned down by coaches who just won back-to-back championships at a top six program. Good call.
WTF
I said Drew idiot.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

It will be the biggest embarrassment in the history of UK if Drew turns us down.

Also said in the same interview that him coming to Kentucky is “Not a Concern”.

He started the interview with his first statement after the game. And he must be reading the Rafters:

“We just recruit really talented NBA players that are willing to not make it about themselves,” Hurley said. “To be a part of a winning group and to go for all the championships. While doing that, their draft stock is still really, really high. We both win. UConn wins and the players win.”
Not gonna happen. Drew, Miller, Smart next men up.

UConn has like 6 guys on the roster who will get a shot at the NBA. Lots of talent all coached up and playing hard every play. That's definitely the opposite approach of our former NBA farm system ambassador.

Every UK fan just needs to go ahead and accept the fact that Scott Drew will be Kentucky's next head coach. And it won't be that bad. He recruits well and actually has some basketball knowledge.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Every UK fan just needs to go ahead and accept the fact that Scott Drew will be Kentucky's next head coach. And it won't be that bad. He recruits well and actually has some basketball knowledge.
It wouldn't be hard to accept. He'd be a massive upgrade over what we've had.

It wouldn't be hard to accept. He'd be a massive upgrade over what we've had.
Drew is extremely well respected as an X and O guy, and he’s obviously a good recruiter. To say he built the Baylor program is a massive understatement. I don’t understand the issues people have with him. His family is very well respected as far as being basketball, people, etc..

We need to look at holloway and mark pope. Both are hungry, want a shot at the big time
Drew is just 2 years older than pope, has a better résumé, and walked into a much tougher situation than pope at his current job.. you can easily say that Drew still hasn’t made the ‘big time’ , he’s just created a really good program at Baylor

Reactions: Sejonesy
The other thing I found slightly interesting/alarming whatever you want to call it is he was constantly bringing up the donors and wanting to win for them. And thanking them.

This has really turned about money for the most part.

Reactions: rabbitTown
Also said in the same interview that him coming to Kentucky is “Not a Concern”.
Every coach says that initially. But, It will soon dawn on him how much more easily he could build and maintain a juggernaut here than in Storrs.

It sounds like Cal speak.

Seriously? This is the complete opposite of Cal speak. He isn’t saying players first. He’s saying program first, and if the players don’t wanna buy into that, then kick rocks, we will go find ones that will.

Reactions: Farsight
I have watched a lot of Hurley's interviews, my family is from Connecticut, we all thought it was weird what he said in that interview. Many of us first impression of that was, "it was a slight at Cal, and that he was basically making a case of interest".

On the other side of the coin, it could also mean that he's the big dog now of college basketball, not Cal and he will make Uconn into a mega power house, will catch UK.

I am hoping its the former. He rarely talks about the NBA or anything of that nature unless asked first.

It was surely odd.

Many people say, why would Hurley come here after back to back titles? Many were pursuing Cal after he won his and specifically after the 2015 year. In hope, the back to the back titles could be a parting gift to Uconn.

Kentucky has a lot to offer Hurley. Hes the GUY. He's the embodiment of what UK needs and is looking for. All he cares about is winning. He wants to be the next Rupp/Wooden.

UK has a lot to offer Dan Hurley. The conference realignment is definitely one of those benefits.

Seriously? This is the complete opposite of Cal speak. He isn’t saying players first. He’s saying program first, and if the players don’t wanna buy into that, then kick rocks, we will go find ones that will.
I agree. It felt like a slight to Cal and he basically proved and said hes the antithesis of Cal, which is true.

WTF
I said Drew idiot.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF
Yeah, but why did you say Drew when the thread was only about Hurley?

Given the context, I can see why he misread your post. The abrupt switch to Drew came out of nowhere and had no relation to the topic.

Hurley is really good.

Clingan is a generational college player that has flown under the radar. He could make Cal look decent. In the 5 minutes a game he would play.

Reactions: Farsight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT