ADVERTISEMENT

Allie LaForce - Lebron James post game interview

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro
LaForce tells Lebron during post game interview that Popovich’s wife just died and asked for his reaction.

Bad timing or effective journalism?

LaForce tells Lebron during post game interview that Popovich’s wife just died and asked for his reaction.

Bad timing or effective journalism?

What was his response? Probably not the best time to bring that up. Should have done it off camera.

What was his response? Probably not the best time to bring that up. Should have done it off camera.

He cursed a couple of times.

Looked like he was about to cry at one point.

Otherwise, made the expected comments about prayers, etc.

Here’s what gets me. Before they went on together, you could see her in the background talking to him. In retrospect, I think she could have let him know then. But then she might have lost her interview.

Reactions: CATofninelives
I don't think it was a gotcha moment. She thought he'd already heard. His response was very classy and sincere. I'm not an LBJ fanboy, but will never understand the haters.

images
She's ok by me. I forgive her

Btw jim grey is the worst at this. They finally honor pete and his dumb ass asks about betting on baseball. I hate that guy he's as bad a son goodman
Pete broke the one unbreakable rule in baseball, then spent decades lying about it (even profiting from it). If the guy had just come clean from the start, he might be in Cooperstown right now. Now he never will, and rightfully so. Hell of a player though.

How about not getting immediate reactions from athletes right after games, ESPECIALLY in cases like this. Bad either way. She either blindsided him (turner sports says not the case), or Lebron agreed to comment while acting genuinely surprised with a fake reaction when the cameras were on. You can give your condolences to Pop without hamming it up for the TV.

If you knew about it beforehand then don't drop curse words on tv. If the reaction is real he should've been near tears when she originally told him instead of the 2nd time for the cameras.

Completely the wrong place. Why is that relevant. They are not playing the Spurs, they are not likely to play the Spurs, and 99.999% of fans likley didn't know or candidly did't want to hear that news at that point. It was to get a response out of someone, had ZERO relevance. Once again, sports "journalist" looking to make news rather than to report it. Like how ESPN has been trolling LaVar Ball to help him stir up controversy to get ratings. Sports Journalist have plenty of material to play with and have NO business creating the news, hell no journalist do.

Completely the wrong place. Why is that relevant. They are not playing the Spurs, they are not likely to play the Spurs, and 99.999% of fans likley didn't know or candidly did't want to hear that news at that point. It was to get a response out of someone, had ZERO relevance. Once again, sports "journalist" looking to make news rather than to report it. Like how ESPN has been trolling LaVar Ball to help him stir up controversy to get ratings. Sports Journalist have plenty of material to play with and have NO business creating the news, hell no journalist do.
Again, he league's top player being asked about the passing of the league's top coach's wife. Not seeing why this is so horrible. I get the timing issue, but has anyone stopped to think LBJ told her he wanted to send his condolences on air?

It’s not horrible just why....it was done to get a reaction not to be nice and inform him. It has zero basketball relevancy.

“Lebron, a puppy was run over by a fan on the way to the game tonight, what do u think”

Is that next?

Reactions: UK90
AT HALFTIME OF THE WOLVES/ROCKETS GAME ERNIE JOHNSON SAID ALLIE LAFORCE ASKED LEBRON BEFORE THE INTERVIEW IF HE WOULD CARE TO COMMENT ON THE PASSING OF POPOVICH'S WIFE AND HE AGREED.

SHE DID NOT BLINDSIDE HIM AND HE AGREED TO TALK ABOUT IT. RESEARCH, PEOPLE. BETTER YOURSELVES.

I wanna see LaForce naked, doh.

It’s not horrible just why....it was done to get a reaction not to be nice and inform him. It has zero basketball relevancy.

“Lebron, a puppy was run over by a fan on the way to the game tonight, what do u think”

Is that next?
I like this humor for lack of a better word

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT