ADVERTISEMENT

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock

Kenny Perry tied for first at the United States Open. Okay, only after one hole and he has 11 coming up and then 13 soon. But, hey, he is there as of 12 27 PM.

Rose is obviously still the favorite after posting a 71, but I liked Fowler's 73. He seemed steady and confident. It could finally be his year,

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Tiger has salvaged a disastrous start, but his putting is a real concern. Left some easier birdies out there already. No way he wins or really contends this week.

If I ever shot an 80, at any course, I would lose my mind. If I went out and shot an 80 at Hillcrest I'd buy the entire city of Owensboro a round
I’ll bet you would get close to 180 if you played today same yardage they played.

Just now checked scores, today an all time record over par? Scores indescribably horrible.

I know the USGA amps the course up like crazy for an open with the tees and the rough and pin locations, etc. But damn, how hard is it for member play in a normal summer. Would really suck to be a hacker and be a member there.

I know the USGA amps the course up like crazy for an open with the tees and the rough and pin locations, etc. But damn, how hard is it for member play in a normal summer. Would really suck to be a hacker and be a member there.
Heard them talking about how Justin Thomas and I think Fowler played it awhile back and said they shot the easiest 65 but knew it would be tough this week. The USGA has toughened up the course dramatically compared to what the members have to play on. Wind can make any course hard.

Joe buck is unbearable at times because he tries too hard, but really hope espn/cbs/etc. take notes and realize that showing basically the entirety of a major is the way to go in 2018. Get with the program.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

Locker room talk was that some of the holes were stupid...balls hitting 15 feet from the pin w/ a wedge and rolling off or certain pin locations you had to hit 20 feet away as your closest spot. - but overall, a semi-fair test given the wind.

My gosh I would like to punch these morons in the gallery who constantly feel the need to yell out nonsense. Telling Tiger you love him every 5 seconds is not going to make him play any better than he has I can assure you.

Locker room talk was that some of the holes were stupid...balls hitting 15 feet from the pin w/ a wedge and rolling off or certain pin locations you had to hit 20 feet away as your closest spot. - but overall, a semi-fair test given the wind.
Donald Ross design, just like Pinehurst #2. I have played #2 and could hold the greens, but they a 9 or 10 on the stimp. Slick them up and it is a different course.

Great round by DJ BUT 4 strokes isn't what I'd call a comfy lead on this course. He could lose that on one hole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT