ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. OPEN Golf Championship

It’s absolutely a great course. As stated above, I love it.

Unlike 99% of Americans, the US Open is my #1 major. Always has been, and for a reason. I worship the classic venues and the *usual* “toughest test in golf”.

Anyone who knows me knows that, & I’ve repeated on the cat paw 50x over the years. There are occasional outliers w/ regards to course/setup & that’s fine.

But I’m Not gonna apologize for craving the typical savage venue. Is what it is, I’m enjoying this one as well, while still hoping for a day of carnage, especially in ‘23 when these guys just dominate courses on the regular. F off if that bothers you.

….

Always been a huge strength obviously, one of the best ever, but Watching Rory drive right now is just especially unbelievable. 😳

Mercy!

Last edited:
It’s absolutely a great course.

Always been a huge strength obviously, one of the best ever, but Watching Rory drive right now is just especially unbelievable. 😳

Mercy!
I never could understand how he hits it so far at his size and then I watched him in person at a few feet away and the amount of torque he gets and how smooth he swings is just incredible to watch. Tiger is still the fastest I have ever seen but Rory makes it look more effortless than Tiger did.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Thomas needs to shut it down for a while and get a new teacher. Embarrassing himself today. +15 and 12 over for the day so far. Wow

Imagine the only person not rooting for Rick, and likely actively rooting AGAINST now, naturally, is named Mark.

Long way to go, but any other noise would be cancelled if he could hold on - what a story that would be after his 1st alternate sadness last year.

Big boys lurking..🙏

Gonna be a fun weekend. 🇺🇸

Why would they ever wanna play in this rainbow city at this racist course? No black members at LACC until 1991? Leaders teeing off at 6:40 ET? Give me a break.

Fowler hanging in there. For now.

Last edited:
Would be one hell of a redemption story for Fowler. Dude had completely fallen off the map over the last few years.

Course has held up after Day 1 heroics.
I Know it is the lay of the land but weird how few fans on some holes.
Not a fan of a major ending at !000 Sunday on a school night. I need my beauty sleep.
Coverage is terrible.

All have their virtues.
Watching Golf Subpar podcast each week last two years, they’ve given you chances to know more than your everyday stars, with Clark being on twice now. It makes it easy to root for a lot of them.

Mercy!
Commentator said Rory was only 5’9” and 160 lbs. Makes his bomber drives even more amazing.

Looks like some low scores being shot today. Currently for the day Fleetwood is -6 and Rahm and Eckroat are -5. Should be an interesting evening. Who can get hot with birdies on the front 9 and then survive the back 9?

AA1cInx6.img

Reactions: catlanta33
I was there with my Dad at Valhalla in 2014, the last time Rory won a major. Still can't believe he hasn't won another one.

Happy Father's Day!

Last edited:
Like seeing Clark win but afraid his recent run is a flash in the pan deal. He has the talent and game to be a big time player but wonder how he copes after winning a major.

Winning score was 2 stroke difference from day 1 to day 4. Some questionable takes on the 1st round here.

I liked the course. Had both holes you could gain strokes, and holes you could easily loose strokes.
Saturday should have started an hour earlier though.

Ended up being a good tournament but not a venue I would want them to play again. Crowds were weak for a US Open and just did not care for the overall scenery around the course. Am sure its a great club and all for members but not a National Championship site.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Next year the Open is only an hour away from me again. Was thinking of taking my youngest to one of the practice rounds. But his last day of school is that Wed, so I don't know if he will have a final exam one which of those 3 days (Mon-Wed).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT