ADVERTISEMENT

“It Really Comes Down to Who Commits First”

Young was hanging out with Fox based on a pic he posted. Guess that's a positive sign.

I know OU had a great season last year, but I feel like Young picks UK in a similar fashion as Monk last year, rejecting the home school after months of building up reasons why the young man will stay home, only to see it come crashing down in the early signing period.

Reactions: stenchymouse
Well i am certainly no expert in the recruiting game but hopefully Cal learned something last year when we lost out on several waiting for right one...a kid wants to come here...take him

Well i am certainly no expert in the recruiting game but hopefully Cal learned something last year when we lost out on several waiting for right one...a kid wants to come here...take him

please tell us who the "right ones" were that Cal missed on and never got a better player (Newman vs Murray)
you are correct, you are certainly no expert in the recruiting game

did you totally miss this years class

But wait. You just said you weren't an expert and then you proceeded to throw in a "but" as if disclosing your lack of expertise should be excused.

That's gold.

"Well, I don't know jack squat about engine damage, but, I think you should get your engine looked at"

Yeah okay.

My point is from what i have read on here we have 2-4 options ant point guard but really want Young...if one of the othets wants to committ i would hope we take him

Reactions: bigc45157
My point is from what i have read on here we have 2-4 options ant point guard but really want Young...if one of the othets wants to committ i would hope we take him

Then why didn't you just say that instead of being condescending?

Reactions: brianpoe
after watching yesterday's Peach Jam final, I believe that imo Sexton is better suited for UK than Green. I think Young & Sexton could play together. Not sure Green would like the idea of playing with Young.

Reactions: wcc31
I believe he refering to missing out on Jarret Allen because Cal was waiting on Marques Bolden.

how do you know Allen wanted to come to UK and Cal put him on hold?
i doubt anyone on here talks to Cal about which players he puts on hold while holding out for another player

Cal is talking about turning stuff on it's collective ear again - what if part of that means the current class stays two years?

ah heck, it's early, I'm daydreaming -

carry on

Sometimes waiting works and sometimes it doesnt. Cal understands the risk and 9/10 times plays it right. Other coaches dont risk and still dont get it right that much.

Cal is talking about turning stuff on it's collective ear again - what if part of that means the current class stays two years?

ah heck, it's early, I'm daydreaming -

carry on

I think Cal fully understands that Duke is stealing his playbook. He isn't posting his strategy going forward, because Duke has been copying/pasting it for a few years now while using Team USA as an entry-level doorway to the elite recruits. Cal made it clear that he's changing the game up, which is strategically wise because to stay on top, one must evolve first. Coach K, for all of his history and clout, still doesn't think in revolutionary terms the same way Calipari does. His best assistants cannot change the reality that Calipari has historically wanted to put the players first, while K has long been more concerned with securing his own legacy.

I personally feel like he is going to emphasize his players using their platform to change lives (more than he has done so in the past). I also think he will be going the overseas route more in order to build a worldwide brand with Kentucky basketball. Recruiting guys like Humphries and Wynyard, overseas involvement with Dominican Republic and China - all of it has been very intentional. In light of the fact that Duke is about self-promotion in terms of players using the program for life, I believe Calipari is about to focus more on the intermixing of personal achievement for his player in order to use that achievement to help others.

It will be something that genuinely mixes with Cal's own life thesis, and although he has highlighted this in the past, I think he will emphasize it with his players even more. The Bolden recruitment was very telling, in that Bolden's mother basically said Cal emphasize the NBA-first. I think it caused Cal to rethink some things, in terms of the order of emphasis on the recruiting trail.

Just my best guess. After all, Cal isn't telling us what he's been thinking, but said we will see the fruit of it soon enough.

Quade Green is a heavy Duke lean.

Trae Young has been and is a heavy UK lean.

If I were UK, I'd want Young, so it all works itself out. Young is friends with Fox and has been-but you don't think it was a bad idea to have Fox, Monk, and Brad Calipari at the CP3 Camp with him do you? Cal has made Young his #1 target overall and done so for 2 years in this class.

OU has an excellent program--but to this point Trae has stated he wants on the big stage and him staying in Norman may have been seen as a "victory" for OU but in reality as most of you paid attention-words hinted he wanted to spend time before he LEAVES for college. Last time I checked, Norman HS is located in Norman, OK---so if that's considered "leaving" so be it.

Quade Green is a heavy Duke lean.

Trae Young has been and is a heavy UK lean.

If I were UK, I'd want Young, so it all works itself out. Young is friends with Fox and has been-but you don't think it was a bad idea to have Fox, Monk, and Brad Calipari at the CP3 Camp with him do you? Cal has made Young his #1 target overall and done so for 2 years in this class.

OU has an excellent program--but to this point Trae has stated he wants on the big stage and him staying in Norman may have been seen as a "victory" for OU but in reality as most of you paid attention-words hinted he wanted to spend time before he LEAVES for college. Last time I checked, Norman HS is located in Norman, OK---so if that's considered "leaving" so be it.

No disrespect to Green. He looked really good yesterday, but Young controlled that game.

Reactions: floatingyou
My top 5 wish list:

1. Bamba
2. Knox
3. Young
4. Petty
5. Diallo

I'd put Young at the top of that list. He's going to be tough to wrangle away from Norman, but if Cal can manage it I think he's going to be a special player. I totally agree with the 5 players on that list though. That class would be epic!

Duke insiders are very confident that we"ll get Wendell Carter, Mohammed Bamba, Quade Green, Kevin Knox and Gary Trent Jr.

I see UK getting Trae Young, Collin Sexton, John Petty, Jarred Vanderbilt and Nick Richards.

Michael Porter and DeAndre Ayton are far and away the 2 best players in this class though and Porter is a lock to play at Washington under Lorenzo Romar and Ayton will either go to Kansas or go overseas before the 2017 NBA Draft.

Duke insiders are very confident that we"ll get Wendell Carter, Mohammed Bamba, Quade Green, Kevin Knox and Gary Trent Jr.

I see UK getting Trae Young, Collin Sexton, John Petty, Jarred Vanderbilt and Nick Richards.

Michael Porter and DeAndre Ayton are far and away the 2 best players in this class though and Porter is a lock to play at Washington under Lorenzo Romar and Ayton will either go to Kansas or go overseas before the 2017 NBA Draft.

You can have Green. But Bamba isn't wrapped up by Duke. far from over. We will concede Trent Jr and Carter. Knox isn't wrapped up either.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Duke insiders also claim have to been paid in this lifetime. I call bullshit on all counts.
Get lost turd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT