ADVERTISEMENT

Is it still too early for an "official" Bracketology discussion thread

Only 5 spots left on my board after New Mexico locked up a spot last night, the A-10 stole a bid last night with Dayton losing and now Mississippi State locks up a bid.

So according to my board only 5 spots left for the following possible teams if no more bids are stolen

In no particular

Virginia
Pittsburgh
Saint John's (who is likely in)
Seton Hall
Providence
Kansas State
Ohio State
Colorado
Texas &M
South Florida
Indiana State
NC State (If they steal the auto bid)

There is little familiarity. We had ZERO big men. Our game is quite different now than when we beat them without any 7-footers.
We had 2 of our bigs back. Bradshaw held his own against Bacot but Onyenso hadn't developed into the rim protector he's been lately. Edwards and Thiero are much improved since then and Shepard has really come alive the last couple of months.

Well now Kentucky is likely a 4 seed. There could be a big difference between 13 and 14 seeds pending the matchup.

Potential 13 seeds (1 of the below 5 will likely be a 12 seed the others possible 13 seeds)

McNeese (IN)
VCU (If they make it)
Samford (IN)
Vermont (If they make it)
Charleston (IN)

I think the following will be 12 seeds or better so I don't believe Kentucky would play
I would not want to play any of the 4 teams below but I do think they will be 11 or 12 seeds.

Drake (IN)
South Florida (If they make it)
James Madison (IN)
Princeton (If they make it)
Grand Canyon (If they make it)

It’s not too early, but who cares? It’s not gonna matter whether we are a 1 seed or a 12. The outcome won’t be significantly different. I’m not saying that to yuck on your yum, it’s just I honestly can’t understand it anymore.

I used to love bracketology but that was because I was excited and wanted to see who we would play and imagine how we matched up with them. It all seems meaningless now.

Lunardi still has us as a 3 after tonight. So that probably makes us a 4

Purdue, UCONN, Houston, UNC
Tenn, Arizona, Marquette, Iowa State
Creighton, Baylor

Those seem like the top 10 in some order.

That leaves 2 spots for a 3 seed for the following possible teams

Illinois, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, Auburn

If Kentucky was the last 3 seed it would likely go out West where 1 UNC, 2 Arizona

If Kentucky is a 4 seed it would likely be in with either UCONN or Purdue (I am guessing Tenn would be in with Houston but only if Houston it not the overall #1 seed)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT