ADVERTISEMENT

Not sweating the coach search

The last time it looked like we were chasing our tail and floundering for a coach we ended up w/ the best coach of my lifetime. Personally, I'd take pitino as a bridge to the next long term coach. Give him a low-ball base, incentive laden, short term contract and begin monitoring the young up and comers. He's the only title holding coach that I'd be excited about. His desire for redemption has to goad him as much as the thirst for a title drives oats or pearl or the like.

Literally just awoke from a dream in which ....

I was standing on the carpet of a dimly lit room. On the floor was a small television playing the news. As I knelt down the television showed this: "BREAKING NEWS: .....Pope is Kentucky basketball coach"

Now, wouldn't THAT be wild if UK actually hired him? :)

I'm taking a nap today, and it's usually after I've eaten a bowl of cereal and I take a nap that I have some profound or vivid dream.
Reactions: Wildcat Sheli

Partial solution to the current era: limit transfers

It’s crazy that we can refresh a Twitter feed every few minutes and see a new high-level transfer in the portal. Not just guys worried about getting more time like years past, but major contributors on great teams. This is a totally unsustainable model in its current form.

My proposed (and possibly poor) solution:

Allow for one-time immediate eligibility transfers. You want more money, PT, just move for the sake of moving? That’s cool once. You want to do it twice? You sit a year like the ‘old’ days.

Exceptions to the above given for certain circumstances, like a coach leaving, extenuating family situation, etc. In those cases, immediate eligibility remains, even if the player has already transferred once before.

This gives guys the freedom to chase the almighty dollar once and move again on a case-by-case basis. I see guys entering the portal that have hopped schools every year of their eligibility and while I understand free markets and such, it just doesn’t seem like a suitable model for the sport long-term.

Way off base with any / all of the above?

He was never open to accountability or change...

So he figured out an escape route... typical.

I am by no means a Duke fan - but when you compare how they handled their coaching transition to this weekend drive by... it just speaks a lot about Cal, his lack of integrity (which he demands). his lack of accountability (which he demands), his fluid definition of Loyalty (which he demands) and his lack of vision for UK (which he faked many years). He was always about himself (proven in the end) and HIS players (not UK's) and is fine to leave the roster as bare as he can...

Hope any hold-outs realize it all now.

Plus he cannot in game coach... and was their 3rd choice...

Also an easy call to say he will bring Brad on staff... I feared it was going to be UK's - now with Hogs.

He knew this next season was going to be even more misery and scrutiny for him - he had no plan - and he spent last Summer in hiding and skipped NBA draft night... Now he can talk crap all Summer and go to his favorite prom night and act like he is something... lol.

Disgraced: Baylor Documentary

Queued it up on the TV with a couple beers. It’s amazing how Drew took on the challenge of inheriting and trying to change the WORST situation in the NCAA, let alone in a power conference. Insane. We all know the story, but I highly recommend watching. It’s free if you have Showtime; otherwise a rental.

Women's Elite 8 in Portland 3pt line controversy

Did anyone else see the story where they discovered yesterday that the 2 ends of the court for the Women's Elite 8 game (NC St vs Texas) had different distances from one of the court to the other. I haven't read how far different they were, but it looked at least 6". And they must have played 2 Sweet 16 games with that also.

Imagine if that had happened in the Men's tournament! And your team lost, while shooting bad from 3 in one half.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT