ADVERTISEMENT

Excited about Pope especially after listening to Mitch on the MJ show

Was I shocked about the hire YES but can Pope coach at a place like Kentucky and get us rolling again YES. I'm actually super excited after hearing Mitch on the MJ show. He has calmed my nerves about Mark Pope. I'm not concerned about recruiting just because Cal was able to get an overall 1 or 2 best class each year; doesn't always mean we are going to win a championship. Cal is by far the best recruiter in the country but only 1 natty to show for it. Mark Pope public press conference will be held Sunday in Rupp {tba}. Surely we can do better than 7K that was in Arky for Cal. Let's fill Rupp up and give him and his family that BBN love.

Billy Donovan and his staff

I as most people wanted Hurley. I did let the idea of Drew grow on me. From the beginning, Donovan was always my number two pick.

Here’s my take on Donovan. All this talk about how he’s been out of college for 10 years and doesn’t understand the atmosphere of college basketball now. That’s all BS, the man is a hell of a coach. There might be a lot that he needs to learn as where college basketball is now. I guarantee you if he is hired at Kentucky he will put together one hell of a staff. What he doesn’t understand about college basketball now he’s going to put together a staff that does. I think he would be an absolute home run. I’m not sure how quickly he would be able to put together a roster this year to compete. Next year he will have a staff and he will put together a hell of a team. Also he has the attitude and ego to deal with the “Kentucky effect.” Now that Hurley off the board. This is the only Home run hire left. I’m not saying there’s not other coaches that can do the job. I just think that Hurley and Donovan were the two best options for Kentucky. Also, I want a Coach that wants to stick it to Cal.

With Cal gone now we're finally gonna get a Fair Whistle in games

Most people probably haven't even thought about of this huge Bonus, but I certainly have. With Cal gone I Gurantee you that we start to see a Fair whistle and in most cases maybe even a Favorable Whistle that goes our way. It seems like for the past 6 or 7 Seasons that we've always gotten the short end of the stick from the Referees and it all Stims from their absolute hatred of Cal. Now that he's gone I believe it will be more favorable.

Not sweating the coach search

The last time it looked like we were chasing our tail and floundering for a coach we ended up w/ the best coach of my lifetime. Personally, I'd take pitino as a bridge to the next long term coach. Give him a low-ball base, incentive laden, short term contract and begin monitoring the young up and comers. He's the only title holding coach that I'd be excited about. His desire for redemption has to goad him as much as the thirst for a title drives oats or pearl or the like.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT