ADVERTISEMENT

Not sweating the coach search

Jul 21, 2015
The last time it looked like we were chasing our tail and floundering for a coach we ended up w/ the best coach of my lifetime. Personally, I'd take pitino as a bridge to the next long term coach. Give him a low-ball base, incentive laden, short term contract and begin monitoring the young up and comers. He's the only title holding coach that I'd be excited about. His desire for redemption has to goad him as much as the thirst for a title drives oats or pearl or the like.

I'm not on the Pitino train. But the guy will have the motivation that nobody else can bring; sticking it to Cal by turning this program around. I don't know what Rick has left, but that would certainly light whatever is left. Pitino with Pope on the bench, for a couple years? We could do worse, I guess.

I'm not on the Pitino train. But the guy will have the motivation that nobody else can bring; sticking it to Cal by turning this program around. I don't know what Rick has left, but that would certainly light whatever is left. Pitino with Pope on the bench, for a couple years? We could do worse, I guess.
Pitino can still coach. UK gives him the ability to really get the guys he wants

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT