ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Scores & thoughts:

-UK sweeps again: outright leaders of the SEC 14-1, ahead of Arky (12-2) and A&M (10-3).
-Arky & Bama split: Bama just walked them off in extras to split the first two games of the series in Tuscaloosa. Root for Bama.
-UT takes first two from LSU. LSU is toast and UT is still good.
-UGA wins the mizzou series 2-1. UGA is a tourney team, but not likely to host.
-USC wins first two in Gainesville. USC is a good team, above .500 in SEC, and competing to host a regional. UF is officially in trouble at 6-8 in the SEC, a ton of midweek losses and now losers of their last two SEC series.
-Miss state is up 1-0 on Ole miss. I'm rooting for Ole miss to strengthen our RPI
-A&M murdered Vandy yesterday and they're up 5-0 today. I feel confident that we will win the Vandy series at home.

At this point, Arky, A&M, UK, and UT are strong contenders to be top 8 national seeds. Just a matter of continuing to win and positioning. Vandy should also be a regional host. USC is in good shape to host a regional; bama, Georgia, and Miss state also have a shot to host regionals but have work to do.

Those 9 teams should get into the NCAA. Florida is on the bubble. Ole miss is outside of the bubble, but could squeeze in.

Auburn, LSU, and Mizzou are playing out the string. Honestly, Mizzou looks a lot better and a lot more competitive than LSU or auburn which is crazy to say.

Had a great time!!!

The parking situation was awful. Rupp Arena completely packed and I think many had to wait out in the corridor going around the arena exits. Just an awesome, awesome atmosphere. You can tell so many people were sick of the OAD and NBA culture Calipari had going here. Pope made sure to mention that under his watch the players will be about the name on the front of the jersey, that there won't be talk about the NBA, talk will be about college basketball. My husband had a great time, he was chanting Go Big Blue and smiling from ear to ear. This is his first time around BBN or Rupp Arena. Back in his highschool in England they had a rudimentary "basketball court", but he's never experienced anything like this :)

Does Barnharts moral compass even let him consider Pitino?

The x factor here is Barnhart. He brought Cal here with some issues, but none of them were morality based. The very public affair, hush money, strippers.....does all that hold Mitch back? Another thing is, you'd never guess it, but coaches talk. They talk to other coaches alot. When prospective coaches call Cal and ask for his opinion on Mitch and the administration, how will he respond? I'm not sure many would give Barnhart a glowing review....
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT