ADVERTISEMENT

POLITICAL THREAD

Because if anyone else besides trump won the nomination, pence wasnt needed at all. You could well argue trump won over evangelicals pretty quickly with little help from pence anyway. So at most pence was just an insurance policy.
I think useful is a much more accurate characterization of Pence than lucky. What was he lucky about? Trump not caring for him? Now that I can see. Why do people take out insurance if not of value? Who is helping Trump with evangelicals given his ever changing abortion position?
Reactions: bigblueinsanity

GYERO

Login to view embedded media

Sitting behind this idiot a few times the last couple of years made me dislike him as a person and a coach. He likes to think he is bigger than UK basketball. These are the jabs he takes to try and prove it.

Can’t wait to watch him get his teeth smashed in the next 3-4 years at Arkansas. We should have all learned by now. You can have all talent in the world. It takes discipline, unselfish behavior and hard work to reach the goals UK fans want to reach. That was lacking for quite some time here.

Kyle Tucker calling it quits. WCS story was his last story.

Tucker has always been very good at covering UK Sports, albeit a little grumpy from time to time. He wasn't afraid to go after Cal in the last couple of years either (when it was needed). Gonna miss him a bit.

But maybe this is a good thing, Pope basically gets a fresh start with new media members as well (minus KSR and a few others).
all I will say is, just like when Matt Jones decided to go after Tubby, there is a calculus as to when the decision is made, and it has little to do with the actual performance of the coach. So I take "when it was needed" with a grain of salt. Had the press gone after Cal early and often instead of being PR men and censoring haters, Cal might still be here and the program would have flourished instead of the outcome we had. I have come to appreciate Jerry Tipton so much more over the years of seeing how the press deals with Coaches.

POLITICAL THREAD

You and the others on here lump together everyone who is not a Trump fan as "leftists" or whatever nonsense. The people who will decide this election are those who see this as a choice between two flawed candidates.
Excellent post. MAGA wants purity over all else. They prefer losing to giving an inch. They say good riddance to Pence & the 1-5% of voters who have similar views.
Reactions: Stan the caddy

POLITICAL THREAD

If I say that X and Y are something, it's true that I've said that X is something. In the Charlottesville march, Trump said both sides (X and Y) had fine people. So, he said the White Nationalists had some very fine people.

The difference between that and your example of the Gold Star Families? You supplied the "AND Y" in the mocking of the Gold Star family. You are inventing the connection. You could have inserted anything at all because there is no link between Trump's behavior and "Gold Star Families" over Trump's behavior.

As for the reporter, he was to hold the reporter up for ridicule, he used a grotesque version of the disability to do it with.

Don't join in with him. He's a creep and a bully. A criminal. He organized the crowd to interrupt the peaceful transfer of power. And he purposefully took National Defense documents with him to Mar-a-Lago. How many times does he have to betray the country for it to sink in that he isn't just a buffoon? He's a gangster.
No he absolutely did not. Not everyone in Charlottesville was a "White Nationalist" or "antifa" member. Some were just regular people there to protest the destruction of a historical monument and some were just regular people there wanting it's removal. They weren't people there to incite violence or hatred of any kind. They were the peaceful protesters of the bunch. Those were precisely who Trump was referring to and he SPECIFICALLY mentioned that he WASN'T referring to the "neo-Nazis or White Nationalists". He specifically went out of his way to make that delineation. But of course you morons still run with that same tired ass gaslighting and propaganda.

POLITICAL THREAD

"was therefore of little political value other than what he provided." How does that make him lucky? Seems he provided exactly what was wanted of him.

TC has always tried walking on the edge of saying what he could get by with w/o causing high backlash - causing his employer problems - vs. what you tell was really underneath but couldn't say. I watched his old program a few times & I realized he was too kooky for me. Intelligent? Yes. Smart? Not so much.

Because if anyone else besides trump won the nomination, pence wasnt needed at all. You could well argue trump won over evangelicals pretty quickly with little help from pence anyway. So at most pence was just an insurance policy.
Reactions: hmt5000

POLITICAL THREAD

Shows you how 'rock solid' conservative that whole group of 'conservative' Repubs were back in the 90s when Newt and the rest of them would do their speeches on C-Span in the empty chamber at night. While it worked to get Rs elected to Congress...time has shown that weren't/aren't 'conservative' Republicans.

Pence, Kasich, Asa Hutchison....and probably more. Would throw McCain in with this group as well, but he was in the Senate.
I'd say the values of both parties have moved in opposite directions since then. Why did you leave out Mitch?
Reactions: Stan the caddy

POLITICAL THREAD

I say lucky because he could never win a national election and was therefore of little political value other than what he provided. No other gop presidential candidate needed to connect with the religious right so he really only held value for one person.

Yes but that isn't always a bad thing. Thought provoking and providing platforms are interesting. Making Hitler anything other than a heinous evil being is much beyond that imo. That goes beyond controversy and hurts his credibility with the casual viewer.
"was therefore of little political value other than what he provided." How does that make him lucky? Seems he provided exactly what was wanted of him.

TC has always tried walking on the edge of saying what he could get by with w/o causing high backlash - causing his employer problems - vs. what you tell was really underneath but couldn't say. I watched his old program a few times & I realized he was too kooky for me. Intelligent? Yes. Smart? Not so much.

POLITICAL THREAD

You and the others on here lump together everyone who is not a Trump fan as "leftists" or whatever nonsense. The people who will decide this election are those who see this as a choice between two flawed candidates.

Anyway, one reason I can't in good conscious vote for Harris is her extreme anti-business position. She paraded around with union groups on Monday and repeatedly endorsed the "Pro Act" which is the most pro-union (and anti-business) piece of legislation imaginable.

Each election....both candidates are flawed in some fashion. Every one. However, in this one, we already have a balance sheet of what one candidate did for our country vs. what is taking place now.

On this thread, the anti-Trumpers are pretty much leftists, although perhaps not as extreme as those you see on TV and in the media. It is hardly nonsense.

Anyway...I appreciate your last paragraph of honesty.
Reactions: hmt5000

POLITICAL THREAD

Agree other than I don't know that he was lucky to get as far as he did because of how maligned he's been for doing his job Jan. 6, 2021. Good, honest man. At least Indiana appreciated that.

I say lucky because he could never win a national election and was therefore of little political value other than what he provided. No other gop presidential candidate needed to connect with the religious right so he really only held value for one person.

Way out there has been my take on TC for a long time.

Yes but that isn't always a bad thing. Thought provoking and providing platforms are interesting. Making Hitler anything other than a heinous evil being is much beyond that imo. That goes beyond controversy and hurts his credibility with the casual viewer.

POLITICAL THREAD

Thanks. I for one had the impression that the Trump organization itself is huge.

However, would it be more correct to think they contract out most of the day-to-day, or construction work?

If even that. The craziest thing about the liberal NPC machine turning against trump - trump used to be a literal case study for anyone negotiating or going into property/property law/transaction law. His book the art of the deal was literally assigned reading when i was in law school.

Trump made or makes money by 1) taking over existing distressed but historically great properties and revamping them 2) finding a great location and hiring a contractor to build an incredible property 3) adding his name to an ongoing build to increase presales and prices.

In every single situation or project he has these things in common 1) financing was always using someone else's money. He never risked anything. That meant he got less of a cut but everything was always pure profit with zero risk. 2) turning the management of the finished project over to someone else. That meant every bit of work hed ever do was all front loaded. When it was built he would hire a property management company for a cut of rents and he was off to the next deal. 3) massively cutting costs through negotiating down costs of everything and negotiating up the revenue coming in.

Its pretty incredible and thats just the basics but his business model was ingenious. Was basically him and a super small team that spent other people's money and made everyone rich while he incurred no risk other than to his brand. Once his brand reached a certain level, he could charge a piece of the total project just to add his name. Thats why adding a financial value to his name has literal basis in fact.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT