ADVERTISEMENT

POLITICAL THREAD

False. It says 200 former staffers of past Republican presidential nominees...not 200 of Trump's staffers. Did they put their names to it or is this just one of those "confidential" resources?

Do you even try to hide lies or just think nobody will notice?
You want names.... I got em.

You're in a cult that is slowly dying.

POLITICAL THREAD

"Mathematicians make good economists" is a pretty ignorant comment. Some, maybe. The vast majority, no. It's not about math. It's about the availability, production, and import/export of goods while protecting your market/economy. If math alone did it, there would be no need for economists/economics.
EXCUSE me. I should have said some mathematicians can make good economists. I am am so sorry. Is Weinstein an acceptable start of "some"? Most of the aspects of an economist you list wouldn't be possible w/o a good math mind.

Does UL really deserve a top 25 ranking?

We have beaten them 5 years in a row (not counting COVID year when we didn't play), and none of them were close. Have they really come back now with Brohm? (I think that his name). I never understand the writer's love of Louisville.
They are definitely a top 25 team. Well coached- and the quarterback they got from Texas Tech will put up big numbers, provided that he can stay healthy- and he has never been able to avoid injury.

POLITICAL THREAD

"Mathematicians make good economists" is a pretty ignorant comment. Some, maybe. The vast majority, no. It's not about math. It's about the availability, production, and import/export of goods while protecting your market/economy. If math alone did it, there would be no need for economists/economics.
I’d like to add the following:

Most economists you see on TV aren’t very good at economics either.

New MLB proposal?

The proposal is long overdue, and the mythical max of 100 pitches is still a joke, and way overplayed by the media and announcers. The golden era of great arms laughs at this so called magic #.

Anyway, the so called "bullpen" games need to go away immediately. Teams that use this are essentially unprepared and overmanaged....see David Bell, who is a complete joke and the worst mgr I have ever witnessed. If it is going to be 6 IP/100 pitches as a couple of parameters, then I believe 3 ER should be the limit. 5 IP should actually be the min, not 6, as that is what is required for the SP to get the win.

You also need to increase the pitch clock to at least 20 seconds. It is taking a toll this late in the season w/ pitchers losing control and more walks during a game.

D-League

Austin, you have me remembering the lyrics of an old song: “Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC, didn’t get to bed last night…” And yeah, the few times I’ve flown British Airways (What used to be British Overseas Airways Corporation) the food has been tip top. I wish their pubs did as well.

Heading into work. No wine on the subway. No food or drink of any kind, as they try to keep the rats and roaches at bay. It is fairly clean but if you pass through the deep underground stations you will see an occasional rat scurry by. I’m not sure what they eat, though enough kids ignore the food ban that I guess they get by.

Not much going on aside from work. You all have a good day.
Or:

Comin' in to Los Angeleez
Bringin' in a couple of keez
Don't touch my bags if you pleeze, mister customs man
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT