ADVERTISEMENT

Zvonimir Ivišić will not play (including exhibitions) until approved by NCAA

westerncat

All-American
Feb 19, 2012
Yesterday, John Calipari said he anticipated Zvonimir Ivišić playing in Kentucky’s exhibition vs. Kentucky State next week. Turns out that decision is in the hands of the NCAA. UK Athletics just issued a statement saying that Ivišić cannot play against outside competition until he is cleared by the NCAA, which has yet to happen.

“As a department, we want to clarify, Zvonimir Ivišić has been cleared to practice and play in all intrasquad games. That said, he can not compete against outside competition, including exhibition games, until he is approved by the NCAA. There was miscommunication in this regard and, as we always do, we plan to adhere to NCAA rules. Until he is fully cleared, Zvonimir will be withheld from games against outside competition.”

How can he not know what the NCAA rules are. If the NCAA has to clear a player to play against outside competition, how does Cal not know that? If he does know that, why not just say that? Why talk about conditioning when it's an NCAA issue. Just a bad look for UK to have to clarify the situation because he apparently doesn't know the rules.

The issue here isn't so much Cal but the corrupt fools at the NCAA. There are international players all over the place but, once again, its UK's chain that gets yanked.

Approve him by Monday or file suit against them. It seems they cave every time someone does that.

They are utterly useless just looking for a way to be relevant.

Man, if Kansas didn't just get burned for this.. I'd say play him and tell the NCAA to eat our asses. But I'd hate to have them vacate whatever this season might bring.. and now that they did it to Kansas they will 1,000% do it to us.

Also, I can't help but think, that MAYBE if our admissions was a little quicker on his UK exams, and a little less spiteful.. then maybe Z would have been cleared by the NCAA a little sooner. Maybe not.. but I sure would like to see our Admissions department never ever be a potential road block again.

Be honest, does anybody think he gets cleared? 10 days before the season starts, does anybody believe he gets cleared?

My prediction is the NCAA drags its feet, and we have no choice but to sit him. Maybe we get him sometime next month, maybe not ever.

Meanwhile, Duke is countering Uconn's offer to Flagg by adding an addition on the ol' Zion Mansion. I'm continuing to lose interest in this sport. March Madness is really just an excuse to get a weekend out with the boys at this point.

He probably was lying. Half the time he probably lies because some would jump out the window if he gave them the nasty truth.
I'm not sure Cal knows what the truth is, at this point. But on this one he's either been lying or he's incompetent. Take your pick. He's doing it again. Just like with the injuries, Sharpe, and all the other nonsense. He's either lying or he has no control of the program, Jload.

Be honest, does anybody think he gets cleared? 10 days before the season starts, does anybody believe he gets cleared?
I could see it getting dragged out, but gets cleared around SEC play. Then Cal says he hasn’t played, doesn’t know the system, and it isn’t fair to play him yet. Maybe plays towards the end of the season, doesn’t do much, and finally enters the draft. That just seems par for the course based off the last few years as a UK fan.

BIG Z NEWS
Calipari/NCAA to UK fans, me included!!!!!!!!!

It's like relying on a cheating spouse. 🤔 🤔🤔

OIP.H5_3tVyN9UFTRRsA_-fieQHaGY

I could see it getting dragged out, but gets cleared around SEC play. Then Cal says he hasn’t played, doesn’t know the system, and it isn’t fair to play him yet. Maybe plays towards the end of the season, doesn’t do much, and finally enters the draft. That just seems par for the course based off the last few years as a UK fan.

If this was any other school, he'd have been declared eligible within 2 business days of being declared academically eligible.

My prediction is the NCAA drags its feet, and we have no choice but to sit him. Maybe we get him sometime next month, maybe not ever.

Meanwhile, Duke is countering Uconn's offer to Flagg by adding an addition on the ol' Zion Mansion. I'm continuing to lose interest in this sport. March Madness is really just an excuse to get a weekend out with the boys at this point.
I say they drag this along until January and by then Kentucky will by then have a rotation, and cal won’t play him

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The NCAA is doing another Enes Kanter eligibility hostage scenario? After that sham of an investigation into KU violations? The kids aren't amateurs these days. They are all semi-pro with NIL cash everywhere.

It's really hard to be a fan of what the sport has become.

FREE "Z"!!!

This is in no way defending anyone- I feel as if Cal was misleading and should have just said so. That's 100% on Cal and when will he learn to be straight with us?!

That being said- it's normal for the NCAA to take at minimum 3 or 4 weeks to clear someone internationally. And they do not start that process until they step foot on campus.

Cal said they have done their due-diligence and feel very confident that he will be cleared, which I do as well, but he should have just been honest that this is why he was being held out of the exhibitions.

But I am not concerned, I think the clearance will come sometime next week.

I was wonder the same thing for all foreign players .

Again, the process does not begin until they step foot on campus.

UCLA has had their guys on campus since the summer, all the rest of the international guys for the most part as well.

Because of our admissions debacle, it's still in process for us.

Again, the process does not begin until they step foot on campus.

UCLA has had their guys on campus since the summer, all the rest of the international guys for the most part as well.

Because of our admissions debacle, it's still in process for us.
Hope you are correct on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT