ADVERTISEMENT

Zvonimir Ivišić will not play (including exhibitions) until approved by NCAA

I'm not sure Cal knows what the truth is, at this point. But on this one he's either been lying or he's incompetent. Take your pick. He's doing it again. Just like with the injuries, Sharpe, and all the other nonsense. He's either lying or he has no control of the program, Jload.
All 3
Lying, incompetent and has lost control
Just a used car salesman that talks out of both sides of his face
Meanwhile, ucla has 2 European kids and bet they are playing

So why couldn't he have said that yesterday? Everyone would have appreciated that. But he didn't. And that's the problem.
I don't hang on every word he says and then dissect it until I come up with something negative to announce to the crowd like many on this board seem to do. I am pulling for this team and I think we have a good group to work with. I try to not pay much attention to those things that , in the long run, are not important.

I don't hang on every word he says and then dissect it until I come up with something negative to announce to the crowd like many on this board seem to do. I am pulling for this team and I think we have a good group to work with. I try to not pay much attention to those things that , in the long run, are not important.
I'm pulling for the team, too. I always do. That being said, the rest of your comment is hogwash. This was a blatant lie or incompetence. What do you get out of defending it?

I'm pulling for the team, too. I always do. That being said, the rest of your comment is hogwash. This was a blatant lie or incompetence. What do you get out of defending it?

From what I have heard, Z needs a few more days. I have no problem with that, you seem to. Cal didnt mention the NCAA. I have no problem with that, you do. I really cant see why you are so upset. I am assuming it is because that is just your default emotion. Come on man, the season has not even started yet....

Reactions: CatTough
Not sure why the new thread on this, but whatever.

So Cal either lied directly to the fans and media on Wednesday or he had no clue that he was ineligible to play against outside competition.

Which one of those options makes Cal look good?

Shocking I know but numerous NCAA head coaches don't know the rules. I remember Tubby saying that he was considering redshirting a player after he played a few minutes in a game. We had a 4 page thread on that one.

I also remember Roy Williams saying that a player would get a medical redshirt even after he had played in the second half of the season.

These are just 2 examples that I knew happened. I am sure there were a lot more in various programs around the country.

Kanter situation all over again.
It could be, but we don't have any evidence of that. You have to be enrolled at a school to get cleared by the NCAA to play AFAIK. I remember hearing that during the discussion on if we’d get him on campus at all. So the request for clearance would have just been put in within the last week or so, so it’s not like it’s been a huge delay by the NCAA.

Reactions: CatTough
OIP.omjSCt-FPdqVvg8V69WR4gHaEx

• Haha
Reactions: UKNothinButNet
From what I have heard, Z needs a few more days. I have no problem with that, you seem to. Cal didnt mention the NCAA. I have no problem with that, you do. I really cant see why you are so upset. I am assuming it is because that is just your default emotion. Come on man, the season has not even started yet....
You never heard of Shaedon Sharpe?

Reactions: know1 and NociHTTP
How hard is it to clear a player? You would think this could be resolved in a day or two, max. The NCAA has such a hard on for Cal/UK that they are dragging their feet on this, hoping to find the tiniest loophole to keep him from playing for us.

Reactions: bigbluedon
How hard is it to clear a player? You would think this could be resolved in a day or two, max. The NCAA has such a hard on for Cal/UK that they are dragging their feet on this, hoping to find the tiniest loophole to keep him from playing for us.
Cal always finds a way to step on a rake when it comes to getting the very last piece we need. Kanter, Sharpe, now big Z...

Reactions: Blueisbest
quick Google search

Student athletes who are looking to get cleared by either Eligibility Center need to register, supply the necessary documents, and stay eligible before they compete in college. The process can take up to 6 months, so make sure to register early to allow enough time to get cleared before your first competition.

Cyril and Z could work

• Wow
Reactions: jmw23712
Can some one just explain to me why it’s better to say he’s an out of shape slob instead of saying he hasn’t been cleared yet? Like why is that better for the player?

Reactions: Mike-McD and know1
Can some one just explain to me why it’s better to say he’s an out of shape slob instead of saying he hasn’t been cleared yet? Like why is that better for the player?
There is no way to defend Cal on this one. If he'd just come out and said he wasn't cleared, everyone would have understood. Instead, he comes across as inept or a liar.

Reactions: bnewt and Mike-McD
What confuses me is; what is there to clear anymore? With NIL and basically free agency, how can you even break a rule? The whole thing is a joke!

Reactions: bnewt
Tbf Vanderbilt actually did play. And was indeed injured. Wheeler and Sharpe? Well, I think we all know that's a different issue entirely
Partial credit but his “handlers” were completely against it and ultimately won out. You really don’t think he got injured do you?

Fu** it Cal.
Give him a strong ass offer....Sign him up for a fake Afro American studies class....send him to a Lexington Pawn shop to get 100k worth of jewelry on loaner....build his family a house in Lex....and hire him an agent.
Works for LSU, Kansas, Duke and UNCheat.

Partial credit but his “handlers” were completely against it and ultimately won out. You really don’t think he got injured do you?
He literally set out part of his first year in the NBA. And had surgery. on both feet right before the draft. That's documented. He missed predraft workouts due to it and that's why he fell into the second round.

Cal has a lot be griped at for, but Jarred Vanderbilt was actually INJURED. Period. There's no debating that. Unless you believe he was having surgeries for fun.

Wheeler? That questionable. And we all know the Sharpe issue.

Reactions: NociHTTP
this should not take long
the eligibility of most players has already been decided on
but with the NCAA you never really know

Every head coach should have a copy of the NCAA rules in his office. No excuse for not knowing them.
too many rules are left open for interpretation (just like with the IRS)
i would take any bet i can afford that every compliance office has at least one copy of the NCAA rules if not more...............and they still need a team of lawyers

We're all just gun shy from Enes and don't trust the NCAA as far as we can throw them.
the worst part about the Enes situation is the fact that the NCAA had just changed the rules before he came to UK that was supposed to help foreign players
if you go by the rules after they changed them Enes should have been eligible

Reactions: bbncal02
the worst part about the Enes situation is the fact that the NCAA had just changed the rules before he came to UK that was supposed to help foreign players
if you go by the rules after they changed them Enes should have been eligible
That was a shot at UK. We all know it. Just can't be proven.

Reactions: NociHTTP
KU fan: we got Furphy early August I believe and not once did we hear anything about eligibility concerns. Maybe I don’t know something and the IARP helped us out there too, but seems odd what the hold up is with y’all’s big man. Hope it works out so we see yall at your best possible (I know Bradshaw and Ugonna are out so guess we will just have to play eachother again in March too)

too many rules are left open for interpretation (just like with the IRS)
i would take any bet i can afford that every compliance office has at least one copy of the NCAA rules if not more...............and they still need a team of lawyers
That is why we don't need lawyers writing these rules. Make things simple !

Reactions: mebeblue2
You never heard of Shaedon Sharpe?
Heard of him? Hell, I have seen him warm up a few times. The Shaedon Sharpe period was a bad look for Cal and for Sharpe. I do not know all the facts about that fiasco. Are you saying the Z situation is like Sharpes? If so, I think you are wrong on many levels. Good imagination though.

What exactly is the issue w Z? He met the testing requirements was admitted to UK. Is it his amateur status that is the hold up? I mean come on.......

LOL - this is right on schedule with Cal at this point... He plays the "I didn't know", "We'll be fine", "We'll have him after Christmas", "Don't blame the kids, blame me (no one was ever blaming the kids), "It's tournament play and I am not gonna throw a player in now who hasn't played" crap again. He's a victim - that is all you need to know. Same excuses with the other two bigs as well. Sure injuries happen and take recovery time - but THIS long? No - unless there is something long-term not shared - or someone really does not want to play (Sharpe). Dude LOVES to mislead and have built in "I am the victim" excuses.

Cal thinks he is clever and doesn't realize the level of distrust he has built for himself. Really lacks integrity and of course self-awareness. He is a politician and has been for years - his only "truth" is what he believes out of his mouth in a moment - and that can (and will) change often as it suits his narrative. He really is insufferable. Not even into the season yet and he is lying, gaslighting AND screwing the pooch.
Been saying this for years. He is as two faced as a mirror. He thinks he is so much smarter than the fans. Time for him to go and uk to get a real coach

Reactions: struggler
Maybe, just maybe, Cal feels the NCAA issue will be over very soon and he wasn't going to play Z anyway because of being with the team for only a few days. I gather he thinks all will be addressed by next week. I don't really care the (proCal- anti Cal) silliness as long as the kid gets his shot at playing soon.
Total bs......if he wasn't going to play him, why publicize that he was, to draw more fans. He is a two faced fraud. After all it was just a public scrimmage.

Last edited:
KU fan: we got Furphy early August I believe and not once did we hear anything about eligibility concerns. Maybe I don’t know something and the IARP helped us out there too, but seems odd what the hold up is with y’all’s big man. Hope it works out so we see yall at your best possible (I know Bradshaw and Ugonna are out so guess we will just have to play eachother again in March too)
Bill Self could get a commitment from a kid 10 minutes before tipoff and the NCAA would rule him eligible.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Total bs......if he wasn't going to play him, why publicize that he was, to draw more fans. He is a two faced fraud. After all it was just a public scrimmage.
You do not know anything.. Just another big mouth.

You do not know anything.. Just another big mouth.
I know that you are just another ccc lover that blindly defends his every move.
Answer this know it all...
Didn't your hero tell fans to come to the game to see Z play. Sure he didn't then didn’t play. False advertising. Your hero is a fraud even though you love him. May you ought to shut your big mouth, since you can't see anything thru your blue sunglasses 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT