ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari confident Zvonimir Ivisic will be cleared by NCAA

westerncat

All-American
Feb 19, 2012
Calipari echoed his comments from SEC Basketball Media Day, telling reporters that he believes Ivisic will be cleared in due time.

“I’m gonna say it again: I feel comfortable knowing what I know. He played on a development team. So, it wasn’t — the stuff you needed to know. I even went as far as to call the NBA to make sure his name was pulled on time after his pre-draft stuff, and it was, which is, that’s the depth that I went to just make sure before we do it, but again, it’s European so there may be some things that they’ll do different because he’s European, not a kid from the United States.”

Calipari echoed his comments from SEC Basketball Media Day, telling reporters that he believes Ivisic will be cleared in due time.

“I’m gonna say it again: I feel comfortable knowing what I know. He played on a development team. So, it wasn’t — the stuff you needed to know. I even went as far as to call the NBA to make sure his name was pulled on time after his pre-draft stuff, and it was, which is, that’s the depth that I went to just make sure before we do it, but again, it’s European so there may be some things that they’ll do different because he’s European, not a kid from the United States.”
It's just that very last part that sounds a little concerning.

I mean he said that if he's cleared he would probably play in the next exhibition game.
Now that's probably not going to happen cause he probably won't be cleared by then, but it sure sounds like he'll be ready to go when it happens.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
The words quoted in that comment do not say he's confident he will be cleared

It tells me he won't be clear at least this year. We'll have big Z for next year I think. I'm more worried about Bradshaw he can help us now and he's out for some reason. I hope to God he's ready soon.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Did he actually answer it, though? I read the quote and I'm not sure it's even English and I'm pretty sure it didn't answer anything.
I think on this subject he answered the best he could. Trying to predict an NCAA decision is a crap shoot

I think on this subject he answered the best he could. Trying to predict an NCAA decision is a crap shoot
You honestly think this is the best answer he could give:

???

Patience guys patience.
I see no reason to not trust this statement.

i

Honestly, given what happened with KU I'd rather just wait until the situation is completely cleared up before playing him.

Sure that stinks but vacating wins would stink more.

You honestly think this is the best answer he could give:

???
I’m confused on what is confusing about his statement.

He restated he’s confident he’ll be cleared because he played in a developmental league not Pro. Called NBA to make sure he got out of draft. But he’s from EU so the paperwork, school, etc is different.

Are you wanting him to give you an exact date the NCAA will clear him?

I’m confused on what is confusing about his statement.

He restated he’s confident he’ll be cleared because he played in a developmental league not Pro. Called NBA to make sure he got out of draft. But he’s from EU so the paperwork, school, etc is different.

Are you wanting him to give you an exact date the NCAA will clear him?
Oh come on. If someone posted that as their own personal comment here, all the responses would be asking if the poster spoke English.

And he never said anything about being cleared.

Oh come on. If someone posted that as their own personal comment here, all the responses would be asking if the poster spoke English.

And he never said anything about being cleared.
You think he just randomly started saying that? It was obviously in response to a question about him being cleared.

Also you:

Shaedon Sharpe won't enter the NBA draft this summer. He'll be at Kentucky next year. All of this hullabloo is much ado about nothing...
I never said that. Sharpe is one of the least likeable players to ever come through here. Check my post history before you make up unwarranted bullshit.

I don’t think it looks all that great. Cal has zero say in the decision. He’s saying stuff like he went above and beyond, “called and made sure he withdrew his name from the draft in time.” What coach wouldn’t do that? How long would that even take to find that info out if you’re Cal? 3 minutes? Not fooled with that, he’s hedging but also pressuring the NCAA to make a decision. I like that he’s making the case for Ivisic publicly, I don’t doubt Cal cares about his players, but he also doesn’t have a clue what the NCAA will do and we know how petty they are and that they can arbitrarily stick it to Cal for any reason. I think Cal got some negative info and is trying to get in front of what could be an unfavorable decision.

It's long past time for patience. It's time for Cal to deliver on all his hype. He's just a very highly paid used car salesman at this point.
I was talking about big Z getting cleared by the NCAA which I think is out of Cal's hand.

I was talking about big Z getting cleared by the NCAA which I think is out of Cal's hand.
Recruiting a big man is his job. Waiting till the last minute and trying a hail mary knowing he had eligibility issues is inexcusable and unacceptable.

Reactions: bnewt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT