ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your all-time favorite assistant coach ?

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
1 Tubby Smith
2 Billy Donovan (I know he turned down the head job a couple of times but I'm talking assistant right now)
3 The assistant of Joe B Hall who had to be restrained from going after Bobby Knight but I can;t remember his name Jim Hatfield maybe ?
4 I am going to put Chin Coleman here after watching the video of him shedding tears on the bench the other day
5 Tony Barbee (just kidding, just kidding don't kill me on here)

Who was that assistant that stared down Wimp Sanderson in the Pitino years during a player dustup with Bama?

1 Tubby Smith
2 Billy Donovan (I know he turned down the head job a couple of times but I'm talking assistant right now)
3 The assistant of Joe B Hall who had to be restrained from going after Bobby Knight but I can;t remember his name Jim Hatfield maybe ?
4 I am going to put Chin Coleman here after watching the video of him shedding tears on the bench the other day
5 Tony Barbee (just kidding, just kidding don't kill me on here)
I think the Hall asst. was Lynn Nance

Reactions: Kats meow
I stood in line behind Tony Delk at Penn Station Subs in 2010 when he was assistant coaching for Cal. I didn’t wanna give him pointers on his shot or anything but I said “wussup TO-ny” and we both grinned because by 2010 no one else in that shop knew who Tony Delk was. That and a title makes him tops for me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Kenny Payne:
-great recruiter
-nice guy
-necessary good cop on the bench
-helped develop bigs
-has been instrumental in making UL basketball even more irrelevant

I stood in line behind Tony Delk at Penn Station Subs in 2010 when he was assistant coaching for Cal. I didn’t wanna give him pointers on his shot or anything but I said “wussup TO-ny” and we both grinned because by 2009 no one else in that shop knew who Tony Delk was. That and a title makes him tops for me.
I knew Tony's father, great family from humble origins. Tony is as good a person as you will ever meet

• Love
Reactions: BlueSince92
It's amazing looking at how many head coaches came out of that 1992 team:

Herb Sendek
Billy Donovan
Bernadette Locke-Mattox
Sean Woods
John Pelphrey
Travis Ford
Dale Brown

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT