ADVERTISEMENT

We're probably a 4 seed after MSU

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
Multiple Bracket Matrix guys on Twitter saying they see UK as a 4 seed. Kentucky was #18 going into today per BracketMatrix. Just behind Wisconsin. Illinois at 16.

Wisconsin lost. We currently have 2 more Quad 1 wins than Illinois and SDSU. Keep winning, get to the 2 or 3 line.

This is where Lunardi had us before last night's win. Even as a 5 seed, give me this bracket all day
Bracket.jpg

Give me a 3 or a 6. I want no part of Houston or Uconn in the sweet 16. They are Miss. St./Tenn./South Carolina type teams on Steroids
THIS!

We have to win our two home games and beat UT at their place. Plus, avoid an opening game loss in the SECT. That should put us firmly as a 3 seed.

I'm concerned that a loss at UT will mean a 4 seed for sure. And I agree with you. This team likely wouldn't beat Purdue or Uconn. Not sure about Houston. The fourth 1 seed might not be too bad.

I think 4 is best we can probably do. Beat ARK and Vandy. Lose to TENN. At least get to Sunday final game, gets us a 4.

Beat TENN and win SECT, might get a 3. But we know the NCAAT committee doesn't seem to account for SECT winner on Sunday.

I think 4 is best we can probably do. Beat ARK and Vandy. Lose to TENN. At least get to Sunday final game, gets us a 4.

Beat TENN and win SECT, might get a 3. But we know the NCAAT committee doesn't seem to account for SECT winner on Sunday.
This is most likely how it plays out. The biggest variable is upset losses by other ranked teams(of which there are likely to be a few)

Reactions: kywildcat41086
probably not any higher than a 5 seed, we still have 2 losses coming (at Tenn. and 1 in the SEC Tourney)

I think it’s like 2011 and we get a 4 seed, even though we’ll be hot and many think we’re a 3 seed. Some of the losses are going bite us, but it’s a team trending up.

probably not any higher than a 5 seed, we still have 2 losses coming (at Tenn. and 1 in the SEC Tourney)
We need to win at least 2 games in the SECT to water down a likely loss at UT(two home blow out wins leading up to the UT game wouldn't be bad things to have in our hip pocket)

Beating Ark/Vandy won't do anything to help UK, so it's all about the game in Knoxville if there's any prayer for a 3 seed to avoid the dreaded 4/5 line and a path to a Sweet 16 game against a 1 seed.

I agree with this to a point, but at this point in the year as well, it's not only about "helping" yourself with big wins, but just not "hurting" yourself - some of the teams above us might take some lumps (like Wisconsin last night @ Indiana) over the next 2 weeks, and we might just keep winning (4 or 5 wins in a row going into Knoxville), we may improve just by the fact that we aren't going to hurt ourselves in the meantime.

Am I wrong in thinking from the past the SECT didn’t really change the trajectory of where we would be placed win or lose? Seems like from the past it didn’t matter if we won or lost we got what they had predetermined.

Gotta beat UT and win out the regular season and show it’s finally clicking.

Am I wrong in thinking from the past the SECT didn’t really change the trajectory of where we would be placed win or lose? Seems like from the past it didn’t matter if we won or lost we got what they had predetermined.

At the end of the day it's only a couple of games in a broad spectrum of the whole season that the committee looks at. Now if we rack up 2 or 3 quad 1 wins then that certainly helps. But if we win 1 or 2 and lose 1 in the SEC tournament, then it doesn't really amount to much. If we can beat Tennessee and get a 4th top ten NET win then that would be awesome.

At the end of the day it's only a couple of games in a broad spectrum of the whole season that the committee looks at. Now if we rack up 2 or 3 quad 1 wins then that certainly helps. But if we win 1 or 2 and lose 1 in the SEC tournament, then it doesn't really amount to much. If we can beat Tennessee and get a 4th top ten NET win then that would be awesome.
The Sunday conference championship games often don't help.

We'll likely have 2 Quad 1 chances before Sunday. I think those can/will help if we win and get to the final.

I don't think teams get punished as much for a loss in their conference tournament, unless it's an unexpected 1st game loss. Maybe that's my imagination, but a lot of times it seems like if a team loses in their conference tournament they don't move down much/if at all.

THIS!

We have to win our two home games and beat UT at their place. Plus, avoid an opening game loss in the SECT. That should put us firmly as a 3 seed.

I'm concerned that a loss at UT will mean a 4 seed for sure. And I agree with you. This team likely wouldn't beat Purdue or Uconn. Not sure about Houston. The fourth 1 seed might not be too bad.
Been saying this for awhile. If not a 3, UK fans should want a 6. That 6 seems unlikely barring a loss to either Ark/Vandy at this point, though.

Lunardi has us at 16 in today's update. Some of the other bracketology guys on bracketmatrix have us 14-16. I'm going to say 16 for worst case scenario. I think there's a path to a 2 seed, but the teams in front of us have to slip up some as well. We obviously have to beat UT to end the year.

Teams ahead of us remaining schedule:

#15: SDSU: They're off for a week. 2 games left. @UNLV, vs Boise State. Boise State is actually pretty good. I'll root for both

14. Aubrun: @UT, vs MSU, @ Mizzou, vs UGA. Obviously we want both Auburn and UT to lose. Auburn is probably easier to catch. I'm not sure the loss to UT hurts them that much. But if they lose and we win @UT, opens the door.

13. Creighton. Vs Seton Hall, vs Marquette, @ Nova. None of these will be gimmes. Seton Hall beat UCONN and Marquette earlier in the year.

12. Baylor: vs Kansas, vs Texas, @Texas Tech. No gimme's here

11: Alabama: @Ole Miss, vs UT, @Florida, vs Arkansas. They should handle Arkansas at home. The others could cause a slip up.

10. Duke: vs Louisville, vs UVA, @ NC State, vs UNC. Virginia seems to always cause a problem or 2 for the ACC power teams. UNC is better than Duke, but can they overcome the home court advantage?

9. Kansas: They're officially in a free fall. Self is talking like McCullar is done for the year. They don't have depth with him. They're a mess without him. @Baylor, vs KSU, @ Houston to close the year. The committee will evaluate them without McCullar if he's not coming back. I think they'll slip a few seed lines.

The two seed line feels harder to break into:

8: Iowa State: @UCF, vs BYU, @K State

7. Marquette: vs Providence, @Creighton, vs UCONN, @ Xavier

6. UT: They actually have a brutal schedule: Vs Auburn, @Bama, @South Carolina, vs Kentucky.

5. UNC: vs NC State. Vs Notre Dame. @Duke

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Almost assuredly ku has risen to a 1 seed after that performance against BYU yesterday....
Multiple bracketology guys dropped them to the 3 line. It's only going to get worse.

Self said they're preparing like McCullar won't be back. The committee will evaluate them without McCullar, and it'll probably drop them a few lines.

You are not wrong. Neither is worrying about what our bracket or seed will be. We have had multiple opportunities were the bracket opened up before us and we found a way to blow it. Just get in the tournament and come prepared to play every night. Earn that 9 million dollars if this team is really built for March as he says. No excuses

You are not wrong. Neither is worrying about what our bracket or seed will be. We have had multiple opportunities were the bracket opened up before us and we found a way to blow it. Just get in the tournament and come prepared to play every night. Earn that 9 million dollars if this team is really built for March as he says. No excuses
You're not wrong. But I'll still take the easiest path we can get.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The Sunday conference championship games often don't help.

We'll likely have 2 Quad 1 chances before Sunday. I think those can/will help if we win and get to the final.

I don't think teams get punished as much for a loss in their conference tournament, unless it's an unexpected 1st game loss. Maybe that's my imagination, but a lot of times it seems like if a team loses in their conference tournament they don't move down much/if at all.
No one game really doesn't matter much.

Obviously we can't crap the bed vs Arkansas or Vanderbilt those are must wins or we will have undone all the good we have to this point in winning against Auburn, Alabama and Miss State.

Remember last year we were flying high when Vanderbilt came in on senior night and took us down then they did it again in the tournament knocking us down to a 6 seed.

While Vanderbilt is a worse team this year then last year we did put a beat down on them in Nashville last year too just like this year.

It all starts with Arkansas they have won a couple big games like vs Duke so we can't have a let down.

I expect wins in the next 2 games but I will be nervous if they keep it close at all we should come out and destroy these 2 teams and we need to run it up because our NET did not move last night.

We stayed at 19 despite a road win at a top 30 NET team the NET cares too much about EFF and Margin of victory which is why our NET is so low this year.

Just think we are 2 shots away from being an amazing 8-1 on the road.

The 3 pointer that goes in and out at A&M from Dilly and the LSU buzzer beater.

Ye
Have we ever done well out west though? Seems like every time we’re sent out there it’s a struggle.
Yep. I thought the NCAA was supposed to try and keep teams closer to home. All these projections have us going west except 1 who has us in Pittsburgh for rd 1 games.

Ye

Yep. I thought the NCAA was supposed to try and keep teams closer to home. All these projections have us going west except 1 who has us in Pittsburgh for rd 1 games.
Only for the Top Seeds. And if you’re the lowest four. They’ll stick you wherever. Doesn’t help the SEC is top loaded either. So we will get sent away to avoid early rematches.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT