ADVERTISEMENT

3 seed on the table, upcoming games of interest

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
Lunardi has us back at #18 after a huge win over Bama. Palm has us as the 5 seed in the MW. A few other bracketology guys have updated and have us around 18/19.

We have to keep winning, but a 3 seed is on the table, which would be great so as to avoid the 1 seeds until the Elite 8.

Here’s who to root against:

5 Seeds: Wisconsin: @Indiana Tuesday. Home games vs Purdue and Illinois still to come

4 seeds:
#16 Illinois: @ Wisconsin, home vs Purdue @ Iowa

#15: SDSU: @UNLV, home vs Boise State

#14: Baylor: @TCU, home vs Kansas, home vs Texas, @Tx Tech

#13: Auburn: @UT, home vs MSU.

3 Seeds:
#12: Duke: Home vs Virginia, @NC State, home vs UNC

#11: Iowa State: Oklahoma at home, @UCF, BYU at home, @K State

#10: Creighton: lost today vs St. John’s. Home vs Seton Hall and Marquette, @Nova

#9: Bama: @Ole Miss, home vs UT, @Florida

We don’t have to root against anyone. Our team needs to be winning consistently to do that. It’s pointless if we lose to msu. Lose that game really our only path to a higher seed is beating msu and running the table sans UT on the road. We just need to win. Period. If we’re winning it means other teams are beating up on each other. I wish our fans would come to accept things and quit after a win thinking we turned some sort of a corner. We’ve had great games all year followed up by stinkers. We just have to string together wins and if we want a 3 seed we will have to win out the regular season then beat a florida type and one of those top 10 net teams in the SECT.

Lunardi has us back at #18 after a huge win over Bama. Palm has us as the 5 seed in the MW. A few other bracketology guys have updated and have us around 18/19.

We have to keep winning, but a 3 seed is on the table, which would be great so as to avoid the 1 seeds until the Elite 8.

5 Seeds: Wisconsin: @Indiana Tuesday. Home games vs Purdue and Illinois still to come

4 seeds:

3 Seeds:

#10: Creighton: lost today vs St. John’s. Home vs Seton Hall and Marquette, @Nova

It blows me away that Duke is a 3 seed. They are benefiting from a weak conference.

I’m not entirely convinced that playing a 1 or 2 seed later in the tournament is any better than playing them earlier in the tournament. If you are capable of beating a team, you should be capable of beating them at either point. Fatigue might contribute more later in the tournament so I guess, which team is more fatigued in relation to their overall talent and upside is what’s truly important. To your point though…this team is deep so they should be fresher later vs a high seed with only a 7 or 8 man rotation.

Reactions: CatsDomain
We don’t have to root against anyone. Our team needs to be winning consistently to do that. It’s pointless if we lose to msu. Lose that game really our only path to a higher seed is beating msu and running the table sans UT on the road. We just need to win. Period. If we’re winning it means other teams are beating up on each other. I wish our fans would come to accept things and quit after a win thinking we turned some sort of a corner. We’ve had great games all year followed up by stinkers. We just have to string together wins and if we want a 3 seed we will have to win out the regular season then beat a florida type and one of those top 10 net teams in the SECT.
Cool. I am rooting for those ranked above us to lose. And for UK to win. You handle it however you want.

Reactions: Cats192
Funny Palm had us as a 7 yesterday they said it live on the game cast. He sure changed his tune fast to move them up to a 5.

Of course Palm sucks at his job hard to take anything he says seriously he is one of the worst.

He has SD State as a 3 seed.......what ?

4 seeds:

3 Seeds:

Running the table is a pipe dream. We're 7-6 in our last 13 and Cal REFUSES to go with a consistent, reliable lineup. He starts Mark Coury and Michael Porter regardless of how badly things turn out and he hates doing anything that even coincidentally aligns with what the fans are urging him to do. And he knows, too. He has staffers here posting regularly.

• Love
Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
Match us up with Purdue or Arizona.
Or anyone else except:

No Houston. No UConn. No Baylor.
No Tenn or Auburn (mind games)

Baylors defense is pretty bad this year. I think UK would beat them. But yeah I'd rather not run into Houston until late in the Tourney. Houston plays very physical defense and, although we've been better, UK has struggled against teams that are very physical.

Reactions: Hookshooter66
I'd rather play Arizona or UNC as the projected 1s. Ucon and Purdue pose serious match up problems for us,Uconn due to thier depth and Purdue because we have nobody that can touch Eady,especially since officials allow him to pitch a tent in the lane

I'd rather play Arizona or UNC as the projected 1s. Ucon and Purdue pose serious match up problems for us,Uconn due to thier depth and Purdue because we have nobody that can touch Eady,especially since officials allow him to pitch a tent in the lane
Blunt and accurate. I wish I could say things so well in limited space.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
some of us can mentally multi-task and do both
root for us to win the rest and root for teams to lose

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT