ADVERTISEMENT

We're going to lose at Kansas tomorrow night

Right now you're looking at KU being favored by 2-3 points on a neutral court.

That being said, KU is trending downward and UK upward.

Whatever advantage KU has right now on a neutral court I believe is gone by March IMO

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I believe we have a shot, and more important after the last three games, I believe the team has enough confidence to take the Jayhawks to the woodshed.

But I honestly don't know a team that can now beat us on a neutral court. I say we lose 2 more games, maybe 3 (at KU, at TexasAM, and possibly either at USC or at UT) and we're going to be primed for a great March run.

UK is getting better and better each game, they're already starting to look like Brandon Knights team, and ahead of schedule.
UK is 7 and 4 AT Kansas. It's not like it's never happened before. UK wins again.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
WE may lose, but we might win, that the reason teams play, Ky can beat anybody but we can also lose to anyone, but i will not say we are going to lose..

Reactions: Bkocats
WE may lose, but we might win, that the reason teams play, Ky can beat anybody but we can also lose to anyone, but i will not say we are going to lose..
No, it's not a given that we will lose. But you know what? We were supposed to lose to Witchita State, and Michigan, and Wisconsin (the first time)
This year, we were supposed to lose to Duke, I think? And at Arkansas?
Cats have definitely improved - and KU seems to be struggling a little; plus they have a new injury to deal with.
That's not to say we will win - only that we have the tools, and the confidence, right now to do so. As I've stated before, I will be good as long as our guys come out and fight, play hard and not give up; no matter the outcome.
I think we have as good a shot as we could have - just going to believe we can do it

Why so confident? Its an away game, against a top 10 team that we absolutely embarrassed to death last year. They've waited for this since we beat them in the title game. Add that with one of the toughest places to play...I don't think Cats win.

Many of you above have zero perspective. The John Short outlook...."we're going to win every game and go undefeated" You have to step back every once in a while and take the crazy glasses off.

I honestly think UK would beat them in Rupp and on a neutral floor, but I don't think they can pull it off in Kansas. We've improved greatly, but not that much.

I can appreciate and agree that what you say is very possibly true EXCEPT; If you can spend all that time being so very positive your team will go to another site and lose even though both teams seem to be trending in different directions and a positive outlook brings excitement while a negative outlook brings a gloom and doom atmosphere...since they are going to lose anyway why wouldn't you want to be happy or at least excited for a little while longer using nothing other than hope instead of spending days dejected, bad tempered, malcontent, one that most would not invite to a party, and....an appearance that is to say the least un-becoming (even on a message board)...for the life of me I can't figure it out. I just cannot.....

...I may die before the night is out, I may die tomorrow, I may live another 20 or 30 years but gosh darn it (Tried to through a little Ole Roy in there.) I am gonna live happy as long as I can, I will also try to bring a little happiness to those around me especially my family. (For the fifty-somethings out there...The wife and I think about when we may have to move into a home (assisted-living) or something every day but we can't let that eat us up inside.)

I'm no sunshine pumper, I will call a spade a spade but there is a point I won't cross----I will not give in to giving up.

I love everybody but I sure don't like being around defeatists. Nothing straight at you please don't take it that way.......HEY, I have to get to the store and get some sustenance before the game tomorrow...geez why am I wasting my time jabbering....I am dry as a bone in this house....need some spiced rum badly...Be Good

Like OP's strategy.

- We lose, he'll say " i knew it, but dont worry, we're golden on a neutral court!"
- We win, well...we won.

It will be a tough game. Hopefully Cal instils the underdog gene in this team for tomorrow. If our bigs don't hit them in the mouth early it will be a long game. I see the VU game being tougher than UT. Either way .... The journey is half of the fun ... GBB!!!

But I honestly don't know a team that can now beat us on a neutral court. I say we lose 2 more games, maybe 3 (at KU, at TexasAM, and possibly either at USC or at UT) and we're going to be primed for a great March run.

UK is getting better and better each game, they're already starting to look like Brandon Knights team, and ahead of schedule.

Thanks for letting us know that we not going to win. I guess I will not watch game.

I believe it would have been better to title this "It will be a tough game to win at Kansas tomorrow night"! We don't have to come out and say We are going to lose at Kansas tomorrow night! It will depend on which teams show up for both Kentucky and Kansas. If you look at Kansas last 5 games they are not playing good ball in last 5 games. Even the TCU and Texas games both were extremely close at AFH. TCU lost 70-63 and Texas lost 76-67 and both games were extrmely close with 2 minutes to go. Kansas hasn't been hitting the 3 like they were before these 5 games. The 3 losses were double digit losses and Kansas wasn't hitting the 3 and had poor Defense. If we get the Kentucky team that has played outstanding ball in last 3 games with the starting lineup of Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, Willis, and Poythress and Lee, Skal, and Matthews off the bench we will fine tomorrow. It will be a tough game playing on the Road at Kansas.

Why so confident? Its an away game, against a top 10 team that we absolutely embarrassed to death last year. They've waited for this since we beat them in the title game. Add that with one of the toughest places to play...I don't think Cats win.

Many of you above have zero perspective. The John Short outlook...."we're going to win every game and go undefeated" You have to step back every once in a while and take the crazy glasses off.

I honestly think UK would beat them in Rupp and on a neutral floor, but I don't think they can pull it off in Kansas. We've improved greatly, but not that much.

Not sure the difference in perspective or crazy glasses Louis...

"we will lose at Kansas"

"No team can beat us on a neutral floor"

You make both of these statements in the same post, with that kind of wording not sure how you can jump on others disagreeing...

Not sure the difference in perspective or crazy glasses Louis...

"we will lose at Kansas"

"No team can beat us on a neutral floor"

You make both of these statements in the same post, with that kind of wording not sure how you can jump on others disagreeing...

That's what I said. It just took me longer.

Reactions: brianpoe
Kansas is primed for a home loss.

Why not a trending team with matchup advantages at every position (save perhaps PF) be the ones to do it?

The we are trending I'm actually feeling good about this game, can't wait for tomorrow night.

Don't know any team that can beat us on a neutral court? Really? Why? Because Skal has become dominate? Um, nope, scratch that. Because Alex has become consistent? Nope, scratch that. Because Marcus has found an offensive game? Um, scratch that too. Because Willis has become a beast? Ok, I'll agree with that but I need to see it against major competition.

We have a lot of bipolar fans in the BBN. When we struggle for a couple games, it's the end of the world and we might as well just forfeit the season cause we have no chance of getting out of the first weekend of the tournament. And when we play well for a stretch, we are all the sudden the best team ever and nobody can hold our jockstraps. Go ahead and crown us champs today. No reason to even play the tournament, just go ahead and hang the banner now.

The season is a roller coaster of a ride with many ups and downs. We are playing well now but I'm sure there are games ahead in which we will struggle and get beat. We just have to keep improving to be our best come March and we have been improving tremendously. As fans, we should temper expectations (I know that's probably not going to happen) and keep things in perspective. It's not as bad as we think sometimes and vise versa when we are playing really well during stretches in the season.

Reactions: Bkocats
I'm feeling actually pretty confident about this game. The way I look at it is the cats will be up for this game much like the Duke game... (likely more so than any game since that game - with perhaps the exception of Louisville). Lee and Poy will have big games.. and if Ulis goes for his 20 and plays his typical great floor game .. and Willis continues his upward trend .. then I like the cats to pull this one out. I think they win by 8 to 10.

Kentucky will definitely not lose to Kansas, they could quite possibly "run out of time", but they definitely won't lose.

Wow....I read every post. Every one of you has zero perspective. I'm a UK fan, too. But they aren't going the rest of the season undefeated.
You better sit down for this, but we're going to lose another game. Predicting when isn't a sin, it's perspective. I predict Cats lose, hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Wow....I read every post. Every one of you has zero perspective. I'm a UK fan, too. But they aren't going the rest of the season undefeated.
You better sit down for this, but we're going to lose another game. Predicting when isn't a sin, it's perspective. I predict Cats lose, hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Thanks noseydumass....don't take it personal I was just playing with words...:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with predicting a loss IMO.

This is the toughest game on our schedule all year long.

I look at this game as a win-win. If we lose, well alright. Kansas is favored. They hardly ever lose at home. No big deal. If we win tho, it's another nice win on our resume come seeding time.

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
but I don't think they can pull it off in Kansas.

There is a huge difference between "I don't think they CAN," and "I don't think they WILL."

You are saying there is no possibility of the team pulling off an upset, and I think that is not a smart thing to say (putting it as nicely as I can.)

No way we lose to agriculture and military. IMHO We have surpassed all sec teams at this point. wetyer we can compete in tournament is another story.
But we will beat t a&m and will beat lsu by 16-20 points in rupp.
Agriculture and mining...

UofL is playing Kansas ?

I hope nobody ever depended on you to save their life!

There is not one team out there that scares me ,,, well maybe us sometimes

no, not zero perspective. There is nothing wrong with being realistic, yet having hope. While I agree the odds are against us for a tonight - it's not impossible. And, I know that it's likely we lose another game, if not this one; but that doesn't mean we can choose which game that will be. All I know about our Cats right now is that we are playing better as a team, we have confidence, and are as ready as we can be for this game. Our guys will be up for this game, as they are for all the big games (it's the so-called easy ones we have more trouble with, IMO) and they will play hard.
Most who have posted here understand what the Cats are up against, but aren't giving up the optimism. If our team were like some of our fans, there would be no point in playing the rest of the season.

Like OP's strategy.

- We lose, he'll say " i knew it, but dont worry, we're golden on a neutral court!"
- We win, well...we won.

To be fair, the Phog is a tough place to win if your name isn't KU. I've seen a few games there, and they are perhaps our only rival in passion (them and dUKe, anyway). If Willis stretches the floor, though, and Murray puts up the 25-30 everyone knows he's capable of, we could walk out of there with a close W. I'm saying UK 75 KU 68 (free throws and Bill Self's inability to coach late in the game put us up 7).

Ohio State whooped our ass on a neutral court in December and now 4 weeks later we cant be beaten on a neutral? idk I need more proof

You are pathetic. Did you forget that we are the Kentucky freakin Wildcats? THE KENTUCKY WILDCATS!! We don't throw in the towel for anybody or anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT