ThunderMash

Junior
Apr 28, 2019
Not North Carolina
If (Lord help us) Cal is still Kentucky's coach next season, be prepared for:
-"These guys genuinely like each other."
-"This team has some incredibly likeable personalities."
-"[Player X] is shooting lights-out in practice."
-"[Returning player] looks much improved and will have a PJ Washington sophomore jump."
-"BBN will fall in love with this group."
-"[Player X] is the best rebounder/assists man/steals man I've ever seen in practice."
-"These guys are ready to go for the Champion's Classic."
-"This is the revenge tour."
-"This team is looking even better than I thought they would; they're way ahead of schedule."
-"This could be one of Cal's best teams here."
-"Cal is on a mission and just has that look in his eyes. He'll be coaching with his head on fire."
-[Insert stupid Swaggy Cal quote here.] "We've got old Cal back, hell yeah."

Gotta hope that Cal is gone, but I'm bracing for the worst that he'll still be around somehow. Kentucky basketball can and will let me down by hanging onto his ass.
Anyway, don't fall for any of these tired lines. Remember Dillingham saying that one shot didn't go in because it will in March? Just like that sorry quote, we'll be fed lies all throughout the offseason. Don't think it'll be any damn different, no matter how much they try to prop up next year. We're in for a crap storm again if Cal comes back.

-"[Returning player] looks much improved and will have a PJ Washington sophomore jump."
-"[Player X] is the best rebounder/assists man/steals man I've ever seen in practice."
-"This team is looking even better than I thought they would; they're way ahead of schedule."
-"Cal is on a mission and just has that look in his eyes. He'll be coaching with his head on fire."

Gotta hope that Cal is gone, but I'm bracing for the worst that he'll still be around somehow. Kentucky basketball can and will let me down by hanging onto his ass.
Anyway, don't fall for any of these tired lines. Remember Dillingham saying that one shot didn't go in because it will in March? Just like that sorry quote, we'll be fed lies all throughout the offseason. Don't think it'll be any damn different, no matter how much they try to prop up next year. We're in for a crap storm again if Cal comes back.
If Cal is still here, I won't be. I'll never hear any of that shit.

5iXDlfc.png

If Cal is coaching next year interest will be so low. There’s a few posters who I’m looking forward to popping up down the road and trying to spin this all into a positive. I’ve said it on here before, but he’d screw up the 2012 team right now, it’s that bad.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If Cal is coaching next year interest will be so low. There’s a few posters who I’m looking forward to popping up down the road and trying to spin this all into a positive. I’ve said it on here before, but he’d screw up the 2012 team right now, it’s that bad.
Mdwildcat , Herroheroesx just scum

Don’t worry, the stages of UK basketball will be brought out again. Pre season high rank, early decent looking games while Cal hasn’t done anything with them. Champions classic loss, unacceptable home loss, a decent winning streak. Back in the top 15. Conference starts and we lose 5-6 games. We don’t win the SEC. Flame out of the SECT round 1, and then it’s all about MARCH. Repeat flame out to 14/15 seed. Stages complete.

How many times does this clown have to tell us that he "feels sorry for the fans" after he loses in front of them 10 times a season?
He better never mutter anything about the fans after telling ppl they aren’t fans if they expect an E8 etc w this team only to go out and lose to a double digit seed the 3rd year in a row

A lot of us were willing to give this failure another shot this year because of all the talent coming in. Well he failed again. There should be no more mulligans. It's time to demand better and stop cutting slack to the trolls and paid operatives who infest this board. This man is destroying Ky basketball. Enough is enough.

Reactions: UKCat4Ever
Don’t worry, the stages of UK basketball will be brought out again. Pre season high rank, early decent looking games while Cal hasn’t done anything with them. Champions classic loss, unacceptable home loss, a decent winning streak. Back in the top 15. Conference starts and we lose 5-6 games. We don’t win the SEC. Flame out of the SECT round 1, and then it’s all about MARCH. Repeat flame out to 14/15 seed. Stages complete.
I would not be surprised at all if next years team misses the tournament. They will be that bad on offense. None the stars from this team will stay. We have seen all of this before.

He better never mutter anything about the fans after telling ppl they aren’t fans if they expect an E8 etc w this team only to go out and lose to a double digit seed the 3rd year in a row
Dude actually said that. It’s crazy. “They aren’t fans of this program, if they’re saying you gotta win this game. you gotta play like this”.

John Calipari really said that.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I’m not getting excited about Kentucky basketball again until Calipari is gone. Only reason I’ll check this forum is to see an update that he’s leaving..

Reactions: 247CATS
Dude actually said that. It’s crazy. “They aren’t fans of this program, if they’re saying you gotta win this game. you gotta play like this”.

John Calipari really said that.
He’s a snake.

Legit thinks this is just for fun and about the future of the players once they leave.

Even have fans believing the “well ppl go to college to position theirselves for careers after college” nonsense. Yes…students get degrees for that reason. But equating the 2 is ignorant.

Cal thinks we should eat hotdogs and enjoy the experience like it’s a minor league baseball game. “Stop analyzing just have fun”.

Go hire a hungry coach that won’t say “glad that’s out of the way” if he wins a title

He’s a snake.

Legit thinks this is just for fun and about the future of the players once they leave.

Even have fans believing the “well ppl go to college to position theirselves for careers after college” nonsense. Yes…students get degrees for that reason. But equating the 2 is ignorant.

Cal thinks we should eat hotdogs and enjoy the experience like it’s a minor league baseball game. “Stop analyzing just have fun”.

Go hire a hungry coach that won’t say “glad that’s out of the way” if he wins a title
He has hardcore fans on other platforms. Dudes saying “Banners hang forever, remember that” etc. It’s a really dangerous situation. The Billy Clyde hire and Calipari’s subsequent hire right after. May have gotten us into a Bob Knight situation here. Cal’s genius marketing has a lot of fans hooked to his balls for life. Hell, Indiana fans are still on Bob Knight’s and he’s dead.

He has hardcore fans on other platforms. Dudes saying “Banners hang forever, remember that” etc. It’s a really dangerous situation. The Billy Clyde hire and Calipari’s subsequent hire right after. May have gotten us into a Bob Knight situation here. Cal’s genius marketing has a lot of fans hooked to his balls for life. Hell, Indiana fans are still on Bob Knight’s and he’s dead.
The younger generation is honestly brain dead. (And I’m under 35) Same “done w the 90s” ppl. If you know any history you know we are on Indianas trajectory and holding on to Bob Knight bc “he’s a HOFer and Legend” is what killed that program. We are an identical program, not a big metro area, not a coastal school or Deep South good weather massive instate talent pool school…..you have to maintain momentum and status. You let your status die and you die and currently everyone under 20 thinks we are a joke

They all only know the cal era w a touch of Billy g and late tubby. They discount everything pre 2000s and think cal made this program instead of the other way around. There is a reason all coaches but 2 have won a title here. But that segment of fans is scared of change and “be careful what you wish for” is their mantra as if we aren’t already performing to Billy G standards and any college coach worth a nickel could replicate it. Bother tk go but up

The younger generation is honestly brain dead. (And I’m under 35) Same “done w the 90s” ppl. If you know any history you know we are on Indianas trajectory and holding on to Bob Knight bc “he’s a HOFer and Legend” is what killed that program. We are an identical program, not a big metro area, not a coastal school or Deep South good weather massive instate talent pool school…..you have to maintain momentum and status. You let your status die and you die and currently everyone under 20 thinks we are a joke

They all only know the cal era w a touch of Billy g and late tubby. They discount everything pre 2000s and think cal made this program instead of the other way around. There is a reason all coaches but 2 have won a title here. But that segment of fans is scared of change and “be careful what you wish for” is their mantra as if we aren’t already performing to Billy G standards and any college coach worth a nickel could replicate it. Bother tk go but up
Also under 35. I think it’s tik tok. There’s studies showing its eating peoples gray matter. Shit is a chinese made weapon. They don’t even allow their own people to use it. I’ve noticed lots of people have been getting dumber over the past years too.

For the first time since I was 8 years old I will not be watching g UK games if Cal is coaching next year,I am 64. I know nobody cares if I watch or not but I will say their are LOTS of fans who have lived or died with UK basketball fore DECADES who feel the same. At some point( very soon) it will reach a point of no return. I wonder if Mitch really understands the depth to which our program has sunk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT