ADVERTISEMENT

Games to keep an eye on this week

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
Obviously we play Florida Wednesday and UT Saturday. Need to win both. I think as of today, we're probably a 3 seed. If things break right, Kentucky is in the 2 seed discussion next Sunday.

Monday:
Duke plays Va Tech on the Road
Houston plays Texas on the road.

We've seen conference road games can be a bear.

Tuesday:
SC @ UT. SC CAN beat UT. They probably won't beat them in Knoxville. But would be a nice upset. Only downside is they come in to Rupp fresh off a loss.
UNC @ Ga Tech: Probably an easy win for UNC, but Ga Tech does have wins over Duke and Clemson
Illinois @ Ohio State: Some of the brackets have Illinois above us. Perfect spot for them to fall down a peg.
Marquette @ Villanova: Most of the brackets have Marquette above us. Go Nova.

Wednesday:
Baylor @ UCF. Baylors another team hanging around us in the bracketology. UCF knocked off Kansas earlier in the year.

Thursday:
Wisconsin @ Nebraska. Nebraska is good enough to steal one at home. Wisconsin currently ahead of us in most brackets.

Friday:
Butler @ Creighton. Creighton is ahead of us in most brackets. Butler is #54 in the NET. It would take quite the upset to do it on Creighton's court, but fingers crossed.

Saturday: All Hell breaks loose.
Uconn @ St. John's. St. John's is solid, #36 in the NET. They'll be fired up and Pitino will be ready.
Marquette @ Georgetown: VERY unlikely to happen, but we've seen good teams lose to terrible teams on the road.
Houston @ Kansas: Someone has to lose. I think we're neck and neck with Kansas currently. A win over a top 5 Houston team may give them a big boost. But we should also get a big boost if we knock off UT
Auburn @ Ole Miss: Another road game for Auburn against a solid SEC team.
Duke @ UNC: Duke is behind us in most of the brackets I've seen. A little breathing room wouldn't hurt. Also wouldn't hate a loss to UNC to make the 1 seed line a little more vulnerable.
Iowa State @ Baylor: Again, Baylor neck and neck with us and even ahead of us overall on Bracket Matrix.

Obviously we play Florida Wednesday and UT Saturday. Need to win both. I think as of today, we're probably a 3 seed. If things break right, Kentucky is in the 2 seed discussion next Sunday.

Monday:
Duke plays Va Tech on the Road
Houston plays Texas on the road.

We've seen conference road games can be a bear.

Tuesday:
SC @ UT. SC CAN beat UT. They probably won't beat them in Knoxville. But would be a nice upset. Only downside is they come in to Rupp fresh off a loss.
UNC @ Ga Tech: Probably an easy win for UNC, but Ga Tech does have wins over Duke and Clemson
Illinois @ Ohio State: Some of the brackets have Illinois above us. Perfect spot for them to fall down a peg.
Marquette @ Villanova: Most of the brackets have Marquette above us. Go Nova.

Wednesday:
Baylor @ UCF. Baylors another team hanging around us in the bracketology. UCF knocked off Kansas earlier in the year.

Thursday:
Wisconsin @ Nebraska. Nebraska is good enough to steal one at home. Wisconsin currently ahead of us in most brackets.

Friday:
Butler @ Creighton. Creighton is ahead of us in most brackets. Butler is #54 in the NET. It would take quite the upset to do it on Creighton's court, but fingers crossed.

Saturday: All Hell breaks loose.
Uconn @ St. John's. St. John's is solid, #36 in the NET. They'll be fired up and Pitino will be ready.
Marquette @ Georgetown: VERY unlikely to happen, but we've seen good teams lose to terrible teams on the road.
Houston @ Kansas: Someone has to lose. I think we're neck and neck with Kansas currently. A win over a top 5 Houston team may give them a big boost. But we should also get a big boost if we knock off UT
Auburn @ Ole Miss: Another road game for Auburn against a solid SEC team.
Duke @ UNC: Duke is behind us in most of the brackets I've seen. A little breathing room wouldn't hurt. Also wouldn't hate a loss to UNC to make the 1 seed line a little more vulnerable.
Iowa State @ Baylor: Again, Baylor neck and neck with us and even ahead of us overall on Bracket Matrix.
I hate to say it but I’ll be pulling for Pitino here. Somebody needs to take UConn down a peg.

Last edited:
Kentucky currently a 4 seed at bracketmatrix. (#14 overall)

At the top, you can see where it was last updated. January 26th for the current iteration. We should see some movement in the coming days as the bracketology guys update their rankings.

Dayton is the top 4 seed, 1 spot above us. They lost
Auburn and Baylor are on the 3 line. They both lost.
Kansas is a 2 and lost. I think we SHOULD be the last 3 seed at worst, and potentially a few spots higher than that.

Let them all peak now. I still think we have upside - defensively of course but also shifting minutes from Edwards, working Adou back in, Ugonna getting more minutes, and figuring out where to plug in big Z

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I just don't understand the dark magic surrounding UConn. They've definitely joined the modern club of hated non-conference elite (Duke/UNC/KU/UConn) where I'm actively cheering against them every week.

GE9f2nxXUAE21ax

@CatPhight

• Haha
Reactions: Cats192 and ck-2

This guy is on Bracket Matrix and his site claims their computer model has been the best at predicting the actual field. He has us as the last #3.

Not trying to cherry pick. A lot of the sites haven't updated since the 26th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT