ADVERTISEMENT

Victor Wembanyama Already Being Exposed

He’s 19 but I agree with what you said.
Do you think he will be a "Bust" is say 15 points 12 bords and I don't know avg 4 blocks a game with some games alot more. I can definitely see the shot blocking ability the guy is loooooong. Is Zion a bust? I would say yes to this point. I mean he dominates game when he played. I think he may be waiting for his body to develop more, get stronger in the knees and legs. Not necessarily the size of the muscles but the strength of the ligaments and internal pieces of the joint. Where those powerful muscles meet up with each other. He probably knows he is going to rip them apart, and wants one more contract so he has to sit and play the current "I'm not feeling like Zion" card. You have to play the game with him. He has given just enough to know he can probably do what Shaq did to people, physically overpower anyone in the world on the court. I would love for Wemby to play Zion. Even fat Zion is a force to be reckond with....... I hate Duke but had to bring Zion into the discussion. Very intriguing on the court. I mean I've never seen a player cut a rip thier freaking shoe off. Do you realize the power you have to have to shred a pair of LeBron's off your feet in a game. Holy shit I thought to myself.

Do you think he will be a "Bust" is say 15 points 12 bords and I don't know avg 4 blocks a game with some games alot more. I can definitely see the shot blocking ability the guy is loooooong. Is Zion a bust? I would say yes to this point. I mean he dominates game when he played. I think he may be waiting for his body to develop more, get stronger in the knees and legs. Not necessarily the size of the muscles but the strength of the ligaments and internal pieces of the joint. Where those powerful muscles meet up with each other. He probably knows he is going to rip them apart, and wants one more contract so he has to sit and play the current "I'm not feeling like Zion" card. You have to play the game with him. He has given just enough to know he can probably do what Shaq did to people, physically overpower anyone in the world on the court. I would love for Wemby to play Zion. Even fat Zion is a force to be reckond with....... I hate Duke but had to bring Zion into the discussion. Very intriguing on the court. I mean I've never seen a player cut a rip thier freaking shoe off. Do you realize the power you have to have to shred a pair of LeBron's off your feet in a game. Holy shit I thought to myself.
It either requires a lot of power or a defective shot.

I wouldn’t consider him a bust if that was his career average but most people would simply because of the hype. But if 15ppg and 12rpg is the best season he has in his career, then yea I would consider him a bust.

Zion is a freak of nature and almost the complete opposite body as VW. Zion would eat VW alive when he’s healthy but Zion’s health/weight has to be a concern for him and the Pelicans organization.

I wouldn’t consider Zion a bust particularly just because when he’s healthy, he produces. Injuries shouldn’t make someone a bust, IMO, as they have no control over them.

Reactions: Riddickulis
I wouldn’t consider him a bust if that was his career average but most people would simply because of the hype. But if 15ppg and 12rpg is the best season he has in his career, then yea I would consider him a bust.

Zion is a freak of nature and almost the complete opposite body as VW. Zion would eat VW alive when he’s healthy but Zion’s health/weight has to be a concern for him and the Pelicans organization.

I wouldn’t consider Zion a bust particularly just because when he’s healthy, he produces. Injuries shouldn’t make someone a bust, IMO, as they have no control over them.
I think Zion and his team are trying something different, never been done before. I think they ate preserving him. Preventive stuff. Not just go out there and destroy your body for a losing organization. Pelicans will never win a title and je knows it. Probably waiting on the right situation to present itself, and it will. Some people play checkers and some play chess. He has a good team in Nawlens. I see a big time franchise coming for him in a year or two. Then he will be in his prime, ready to let loose in like LA or Boston maybe San Antonio they have money to build a powerhouse. Put the right people around him and he will play. I really think he is in preventive career mode. He want to exert his energy in the right situation. He see all these stars get banged up because they don't want to embrace what they have. If I'm New Orleans I go get Chris Paul soon AD he is available. Say what you want he can run an offense. He isn't there to score. Put some fast good guards around him Maxy type then go get Aython or someone to rim protect. I would have signed Oscar too. I know how valuable rebounds are in the NBA. Most shots are long range. 10 extra shots is potentially 30 points if he can find a shooter after the bord. I know Oscar will do exactly what he did at Kentucky. Sir Charles was 6'4. He is no Barkley offensive or defensively but he can rebound and put back with the best of them. Everyone had a role, his is go get that ball son. I would pay the luxury tax and build a squad. It's really not that hard if you have the money and want to win. They day you can't buy a championship. Bullshit. Denver is going to be hard to beat. Imagine Damion Lillard in Denver. Yikes. I'm really into the NBA right now. Porzingas to Boston was hudge. They made a good move there but lost Williams and Smart which made them worse defensively but still have Robert Williams you have to have a guy like him.

Would love to see MJ play today in an age where the badboys of Detroit weren't able to get away with legitimately trying to injure him in every game. He might have averaged 40-45 his rookie season with that kind of freedom of movement. While I think it's hard to judge different eras and truly label a GOAT, MJ is still the best I've ever seen, and I agree it's not particularly close.
Without hand checking and the physicality he wouldn’t be stopped. Easy 40 a game. Same with Kobe. He got a little more freedom but there’s a reason he got 81 in his prime.

I think Zion and his team are trying something different, never been done before. I think they ate preserving him. Preventive stuff. Not just go out there and destroy your body for a losing organization. Pelicans will never win a title and je knows it. Probably waiting on the right situation to present itself, and it will. Some people play checkers and some play chess. He has a good team in Nawlens. I see a big time franchise coming for him in a year or two. Then he will be in his prime, ready to let loose in like LA or Boston maybe San Antonio they have money to build a powerhouse. Put the right people around him and he will play. I really think he is in preventive career mode. He want to exert his energy in the right situation. He see all these stars get banged up because they don't want to embrace what they have. If I'm New Orleans I go get Chris Paul soon AD he is available. Say what you want he can run an offense. He isn't there to score. Put some fast good guards around him Maxy type then go get Aython or someone to rim protect. I would have signed Oscar too. I know how valuable rebounds are in the NBA. Most shots are long range. 10 extra shots is potentially 30 points if he can find a shooter after the bord. I know Oscar will do exactly what he did at Kentucky. Sir Charles was 6'4. He is no Barkley offensive or defensively but he can rebound and put back with the best of them. Everyone had a role, his is go get that ball son. I would pay the luxury tax and build a squad. It's really not that hard if you have the money and want to win. They day you can't buy a championship. Bullshit. Denver is going to be hard to beat. Imagine Damion Lillard in Denver. Yikes. I'm really into the NBA right now. Porzingas to Boston was hudge. They made a good move there but lost Williams and Smart which made them worse defensively but still have Robert Williams you have to have a guy like him.

I would agree with the preventative measures if he didn’t have history of injuries and he wasn’t packing around 300lbs on his 6’5-6’6 frame. When healthy, Zion is a top 10 basketball player so I’m not sure the Pelicans would pay him what they do to preserve him for a future potential trade. It would be hard for Zion to continue to fake injuries because the team doctor would say he was good to go.

So I’m gonna say his injuries are real and his career very well might be cut short due to it.

Without hand checking and the physicality he wouldn’t be stopped. Easy 40 a game. Same with Kobe. He got a little more freedom but there’s a reason he got 81 in his prime.
I remember living in Lexington and WGN was an antenna channel. Everytime they played I watched. He was unbelievable. He couldn't be stopped and it got to the point you knew he was gonna fade away and splash that shit on your eye and couldn't do anything about it. Nothing. I also remember liking Scottie alot too. At the time as a kid I would tell you he was My favorite. Then came Kobe. There is a YouTube video that puts Jordan on oneside and Kobe on the other. You can mirror there carreer side by side and they ate identical. Even the shot in the finals where Jordan goes up for a dunk but changes mide flight and does an around the world type flip shot. Kobe matches it. I never really liked Kobe until the end. I realized what I was looking at. A different level of Human Being.

I would agree with the preventative measures if he didn’t have history of injuries and he wasn’t packing around 300lbs on his 6’5-6’6 frame. When healthy, Zion is a top 10 basketball player so I’m not sure the Pelicans would pay him what they do to preserve him for a future potential trade. It would be hard for Zion to continue to fake injuries because the team doctor would say he was good to go.

So I’m gonna say his injuries are real and his career very well might be cut short due to it.
I don't think it's a Pelicans dission I think he says one thing to them and his agent and manager are advising him. If he can preserve until that second hudge deal. That's what I think he wants to make it to. Your talking 300 million bucks. He is pulling thier chain. The thing about pain is nobody can tell you your not experiencing it. Can't prove your not in pain. He holds out gets another 300 million that's 600 million in two contracts. Smarter not harder I guess.

I don't think it's a Pelicans dission I think he says one thing to them and his agent and manager are advising him. If he can preserve until that second hudge deal. That's what I think he wants to make it to. Your talking 300 million bucks. He is pulling thier chain. The thing about pain is nobody can tell you your not experiencing it. Can't prove your not in pain. He holds out gets another 300 million that's 600 million in two contracts. Smarter not harder I guess.

Idk, you might be right but sitting out with injuries definitely isn’t helping his stock to go up. That would deter me away as a GM looking to trade for him. But todays NBA is crazy so who knows.

Idk, you might be right but sitting out with injuries definitely isn’t helping his stock to go up. That would deter me away as a GM looking to trade for him. But todays NBA is crazy so who knows.
He is still riding the POTENTIAL train. It's very strange. I think it's planned and there are no real "injuries" just lingering things that Kobe played with every game. He wa doing 360 windmills in the warm up line one night, I saw it. Then just went and sat down and got on his phone. The camera stayed on him and I realized he is just a kid. He looks big but if you watch him he is a kid. Not immature just a baby. My kids are older then him and they don't know shit really. There learning though. My 16 year old dropped out. Couldn't make him go. Trust me I'm not the one you will stand with and argue to, I'm just not. You pick your battles and you won't go there unless you have a gun. So I assume the bullying or the fear of it was worse. I know my son and he has alot of qualities you can't teach so I know he will be fine. I make him go to work with me. I do tile work for a big company in Louisville, and custom work for people on the side. I guess my point is everyone is delt a different hand.

I think people underestimate coming over from another country. He probably hasn’t even got to settle in and relax at all since arriving. Throw in the fact that people have put ridiculous expectations on him to start .

Calling anyone a bust based off summer league is crazy and we are only one game in to summer league

It's just one game. Someone on ESPN picked Holmgren as the Rookie of the Year. he was hurt in preseason, so he's technically a rookie.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I think people underestimate coming over from another country. He probably hasn’t even got to settle in and relax at all since arriving. Throw in the fact that people have put ridiculous expectations on him to start .

Calling anyone a bust based off summer league is crazy and we are only one game in to summer league
OP lives off hyperbole like HerrosHeroes.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're the same guy.

We've got a ton of new posters here, and I bet about 1/3 of them are the same guys we've had posting here for years.

Who exactly are you claiming is saying this? I’ve been following this kid for a while and never once heard anyone say “he wad better than LeBron and MJ” … as you’ve been claiming throughout this thread.

And, I’m sorry, but you declaring a teenage kid to be “a bust” simply because he had a cold shooting night in his first summer league run is profoundly stupid.
I’ve heard tons of times “the best pro prospect since Lebron “…nobody is making that up

We've got a ton of new posters here, and I bet about 1/3 of them are the same guys we've had posting here for years.

Who is Morg now? Haven't seen him in a minute.

OP is definitely trolling here...

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Definitely a few weird folks on here . It’s hard to keep up with them . Like you said no telling how many of these people have the same accounts .

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I'm curious about Emoni Bates. he was the next LeBron a few years ago. He got picked in the second round. Wouldn't surprise me if he catches on.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I'm curious about Emoni Bates. he was the next LeBron a few years ago. He got picked in the second round. Wouldn't surprise me if he catches on.
He had a bad shooting game last night . I don’t get why he reclassified. It makes sense to do it if you’re going up to the class you are supposed to be in . Him and GG Jackson were too young for a reclassify and it has hurt them .

I’ve heard tons of times “the best pro prospect since Lebron “…nobody is making that up

“Best prospect since Lebron” does not mean that person thinks he’s as good a prospect as Lebron was, and it means something ENTIRELY different than "better than Lebron and MJ" ...as the OP has been mischaracterizing it.

Some folks on this board seem to have trouble distinguishing the difference between the words "prospect" and "player." Prospect is based on a potential assessment of what a player can reasonably be expected to become in the future, NOT necessarily who he is today. That statement doesn't mean he believes he's the best player at the time of the draft since Lebron, but instead that he has a highest potential ceiling IF things go as he expects in the future.

Reactions: christophero
He’s going to be a star. Barring injury he is ROY this season.

He’s already played against grown men. He just has to get the FIBA rules out of his system.

I agree for the most part besides his ball handling. His ball handling in the open court was fine (as is everyone’s else’s ball handling in the NBA). Every time he put it on the floor to get to the basket, he was bodied and he turned it over.

Nice jumper, unselfish, you can’t teach his length, etc…

His ball handling is being overblown. Will still be a really good NBA player.
Ball handling SKILLS is not his problem...

Its his weight. As you said---"he was bodied up"---Hes just not strong enough to handle contact, and maitain balance---which causes ball handling issues.

He gets stronger, that problem will go away.

FTR, this dude is gonna be really good. He gets some weight, strength---Yikes. Not sure many understand what they are seeing... This isn't a 6'11 dude---or a 7'1 dude.

He's 7'4". Its insanse what he does at 7'4"

I have nothing against this guy but my goodness, the hype machine is cranked up on full blast. Watching the summer league game now and Mark Jones and Doris Burke are talking about the guy like they’re his paid publicists. He looks like a project to me.

Reactions: LmdCat
MJ is the best to have ever played the game and it isn't even close. The Pistons tried to break him early in his career and they couldn't. These young players today couldn't handle the crap MJ had to deal with.
What could mj do on the court that lebron cant?

You're right, because it was a different era. The kids in that day couldn't play in this era either. They could barely make a decent percentage from 22 ft. Much less shooting 40 footers with a hand in the face. Todays players are light years better offensively. Strong mentality,maybe the 90's were better. No way skill is even close

In life things progress ,they don't regress. Players refine their craft. The 10th best player in the league in 95 would be the 30th in today's offensive game. It's True. It's not an opinion, it's the way humans evolve

Lion here is how I see Wemby…
1. He’ll be a dang good rim protector..he’s 7”3 for Pete sake
2. Offensive side js harder. A 7”3 dude is going to struggle off the bounce as he’s so tall and you can get to his handles much easier than a shorter guy. But he’s so frail…he can’t post effectively today or back guys down….so hard to get his points on his own
3. He just doesn’t look anything like Lebrun athlete wise or fluid Lebrun could handle and run as an 18 year old. Wemby was stumbling and not fluid

He’s not close to lebron potential when lebron was a teenager. So hes not close to the prospect lebron was. Anthony Davis was way closer prospect and he was not really close to lebron. He’s so young and needs to mature….but this dude ain’t going to be like lebron…that ain’t happening. He might be a Duncan level (I don’t really think he’ll be that good).

Reactions: LmdCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT