ADVERTISEMENT

Victor Wembanyama Already Being Exposed

Everyone wanted to be quick to judge and have a hot take like what you are doing now after a game. Lol
You are quite ignorant. I don't know how good he will be over his entire career, I just know I won't be making that decision after any summer league game.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Only thing that will be exposed are all the morons in this thread doubting Wembanyama. He’s a 7’3 AD with better ball handling and shooting. His offense will be more than fine next year. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t average 20ppg or better. It’s comical the ones judging him off his first game.

The game last year of his team vs Scoot Hendersons Ignite team was one of the best games at any level. He dropped 37 and was absolutely unguardable. He won’t be stopped in the nba either. Also side note, Michael Jordan maybe the worst owner in the nba. He’s made bad draft picks yearly but picking Miller at 2 over Scoot is probably his worst decision. He’s Dwayne Wade v2.

If he stays healthy, the amount of upside in his game is about as good as anyone drafted in the past decade. Hard to judge him in limited run during summer league.

I think he’s gonna be a good player but some of y’all are doing what the op done and jumping to conclusions over one game.
It's not one game. It's one game in addition to everything else. He didn't just start playing basketball. He was mvp of French professional league. He's gone off against international teams and g league ignite. He's not an all star, but everything points to him becoming one.

Reactions: MCIGuy
Everyone wanted to be quick to judge and have a hot take like what you are doing now after a game. Lol
That was not a “hot take” at all. That dude only referenced how he played tonight, he didn’t make any irrational sweeping generalizations based upon it.

An example of a stupid hot take would instead be what @Kentucky_SportsX did, moronically declaring a kid to be a bust solely on the basis of one cold shooting night.

Reactions: flacat22
It's not one game. It's one game in addition to everything else. He didn't just start playing basketball. He was mvp of French professional league. He's gone off against international teams and g league ignite. He's not an all star, but everything points to him becoming one.

French league is not even close to the NBA, talent or size wise and it’s not even close.

With that said, I think he can be a good player. He’s gonna have guys close to his size and speed nightly when the real season starts. I’m not saying he can’t or won’t adjust to it. The talent is there obviously for him to become an All-Star but no emphasis should be put on a fan voted award.

Reactions: track42
For those who doubt Wenbamyama:
His PERFORMANCE in 2 games is meaningless.
So don't be a Prisoner of the Moment.

His SUPER TALENT is so obvious. He's got "IT".
That's why EVERY NBA TEAM dreamed of drafting him.
And it's going to be fun watching this KID grow into THE MAN.
This is like the antithesis of E.E. Cummings.

French league is not even close to the NBA, talent or size wise and it’s not even close.

With that said, I think he can be a good player. He’s gonna have guys close to his size and speed nightly when the real season starts. I’m not saying he can’t or won’t adjust to it. The talent is there obviously for him to become an All-Star but no emphasis should be put on a fan voted award.
But it's demonstrably better than college.

Reactions: MCIGuy
How many guys were drafted from the French league he played in?? We will compare it.
Tons of future or former NBA players have played in that French league, including all stars like Tony Parker and Rudy Gobert.

If there weren't many in this year's draft, it might be because it's a league for grown ass men under contract and obligated to stay for awhile ...instead of mere college kids only making a pit stop. Which is also a reason why VW's performance so impressed people ...he was competing against much older pros instead of kids his own age.

And, yes, the average team in that league would crush the average D1 college team. Because that's what seasoned professionals do when they face college kids.

Tons of future or former NBA players have played in that French league, including all stars like Tony Parker and Rudy Gobert.

If there weren't many in this year's draft, it might be because it's a league for grown ass men under contract and obligated to stay for awhile ...instead of mere college kids only making a pit stop. Which is also a reason why VW's performance so impressed people ...he was competing against much older pros instead of kids his own age.

And, yes, the average team in that league would crush the average D1 college team. Because that's what seasoned professionals typically do when they face college kids.

Take the total from the last 10 years from the French league and compare it to just this year, 2023. It’s not close for a reason.

With that logic, you expect us to lose all 4 games in Canada, right??? 😁

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
When he entered the NBA, I think Jokic averaged something like 8 PPG in the summer league.

Guess the OP would have labeled him a bust too.

I’m not defending the OP because I think VW will wind up being a good player. But the difference is, Jokic was compared to literally anyone and zero hype behind him.

VW was put in the same sentence with MJ and Lebron so when he has a bad game, these type of discussions will take place. Whether it’s right or not, the hype brought all this on him. I feel sorry for him because he seems like a good kid but the expectations placed on him are nearly impossible

That was not a “hot take” at all. That dude only referenced how he played tonight, he didn’t make any irrational sweeping generalizations based upon it.

An example of a stupid hot take would instead be what @Kentucky_SportsX did, moronically declaring a kid to be a bust solely on the basis of one cold shooting night.
He called him a bust.

Reactions: -BBH-

French league is above g league though. Talented.

How is what he said a hot take ? He said he had a great game .

That’s a lot different than someone declaring him a bust after game 1
It is just as much a hot take as those you credit with having hot takes. Just like everyone else on this board, I have no idea what he will or will not be; however, what I do know is that he didn't live up to the hype in his first game which is what I stated then and what I am stating now. As for whether you agree or disagree with my comment about the poster you are defending, that is your opinion in which you are entitled to. However, I have no issue with stating that he will never live up to the overblown hype. It isn't because he isn't a good player; it is because the hype is so ridiculous that he nor anyone else is likely to achieve it.

What was most disappointing to me was his ball handling. Pre-draft we were hearing he could handle the ball like a guard…maybe a middle school guard?
I can too in my back yard with noboby guarding me. Different when dudes are all over you

So what!! @Kentucky_Sports is entitled to his opinion even if you, me, or anyone thinks it is wrong.

Reactions: UKAlum88
You are quite ignorant. I don't know how good he will be over his entire career, I just know I won't be making that decision after any summer league game.
Oh, I guess hot takes are ok as long as you are the one who is making them. Some of you come to this board for the sole purpose of finding posts that you can disagree with for the simple sake of an argument. I couldn't possibly care less what you think about me. You aren't even worth an exchange of insults.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
He called him a bust.
You have to love the comment the previous poster made about one bad shooting night considering he has only had 2 NBA games. Lol. That means that half of his games have been bad shooting nights. How do you like that hot take!

Last edited:
You have to love the comment previous poster about one bad shooting night considering he has only had 2 NBA games. Lol. That means that half of his games have been bad shooting nights. How do you like that hot take!

Now the Spurs shut him down for the summer so we will have to wait until the regular season to see him play.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
Oh, I guess hot takes are ok as long as you are the one who is making them. Some of you come to this board for the sole purpose of finding posts that you can disagree with for the simple sake of an argument. I couldn't possibly care less what you think about me. You aren't even worth an exchange of insults.

I don't know that I've ever seen a post of yours where you weren't in the middle of an argument. Your take is rich. That's all. Bye now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT