ADVERTISEMENT

This board is way too slow so

My wife and I both like the Morningstar Original Grillers. I use the Morningstar Crumbles with pasta sauce. Great products.
My wife and I both like the Morningstar Original Grillers. I use the Morningstar Crumbles with pasta sauce. Great products.
Awesome! I live in a small town and I feel like I am the only one around here who buys stuff like that. Have you ever tried the bbq ribs or the chicken nuggets? We love those as well.

My uncle was Bob Gain.

I beat Larry Johnson (UK) in horse.

Duane Casey complimented me on my clothing. Lol

Almost a walkon at UK in 76. (Grades, partied too much at that time in my life)

Son played D1 ball

Multi championships in table tennis.

On my honeymoon in St. Thomas Virgin Islands with my first wife, I was hit by a car crossing the street. It flipped me up on the windshield which I shattered with my shoulder. I got off the ground and thought it was a miracle that I wasn’t hurt until I looked down at the side of my left knee. There was a huge hole that I could see all the way down inside of the knee that was ripped open by the front fender. It was a preview of a shit marriage to come.

I would always tell that story. Makes you sound hard as hell.

I am a 24 year old female basketball enthusiast. Found this board a few years ago and was hooked from the get-go. I read this board when I can’t sleep, when I’m bored, when I need some basketball in my life, etc.

I’m getting married in June though! I guess that’s mildly interesting. Sat next to Alex Poythress at the movie theater one time— his legs were so long! Watched a friend do Terrence Jones’ homework in exchange for basketball tickets... Also, talked to Stacy Poole a few times and he was a super nice guy— he actually transferred shortly after that. Looks like he has done very little since then at Georgia Tech. Willie Cauley-Stein remains the tallest person I have ever stood next to. He was actually reading a textbook at the time. Only time I ever saw a basketball player doing anything like that. Wish I could go back to Lexington!

One night while driving a limousine I dropped a bachelorette party off at the bar and as I was trying to find a place to park. I accidently turned the wrong way on a one-way street (Liberty). There was a cop behind me. It was dark and I made a mistake. The officer searched the back of the car with a flashlight and RAN to his car. The next thing I knew I was surrounded by 30 LMPD officers with guns drawn. My boss was already on the way and a cop with a bullhorn instructed me to exit the car with my hands up and get on the ground. I was rushed at by 10 cops and handcuffed. I was shoved into the back of a squad car and read my rights. I asked what I was being arrested for because I just thought it was a traffic violation.

Oh no... They told me I was under arrest for MURDER! I said, "Wtf?" Turns out one of the women in the back of the limo passed out drunk and her friends left her there. One of the cops said, "If you can get in there and wake her up, then you may not have to do 20 to life in prison."

Lawd... I got in the back of the limo (still handcuffed) and I finally woke that chick up. Whew. Cops said it was a misunderstanding and he didn't even give me a ticket.

After that I only drove a limo one more time. Ted Nuggent is a REAL pain in the ass, btw, but my driving days were over after that.
Yup, that would have done it for me too, but it's possible you had an encounter with the dumbest cops ever.

Exposed wire huh? Ah naw, your wife is gonna smack the hell out of ya. :pimp:

I’ve been in it since 2012. Sales sounds a lot better than installation. Also install fire as well.

Exposed hell, I barely got the thing up and once that happened I just scrapped it and said I'll hire someone. Left it up because I forgot about it and the camera is just hanging there. Had 7 more to go, I'll pass.

Kids, if you try pot, this is the way your life will operate.

My uncle was Bob Gain.

I beat Larry Johnson (UK) in horse.

Duane Casey complimented me on my clothing. Lol

Almost a walkon at UK in 76. (Grades, partied too much at that time in my life)

Son played D1 ball

Multi championships in table tennis.
Props to your uncle. I sent him a package with some items I wanted signed and he did. This was about 7-8 years ago? I believe. I found two rare photos of him very young also and made duplicates for him to keep.

In 1977/78, as a freshman in Holmes Hall, I lived directly above Kyle Macy and Jack Givens. One day I played Givens twice in ping pong......he beat me 7-0, then I beat him 7-0...

A great freshman year for sure...Football team also went 10-1...

Any idea what the collection is worth. Most kids tore that stuff up and it’s getting pretty old.

Mine are the modern remakes, which came out fairly recently. They retailed for about $20 each but Mattel didn't make a lot of them available for long and as a result some of them go for over $100. I'd like to get the six or seven figures that I need to compete the collection but some of the ones I need are pretty pricey so my collection's probably finished. XD

We were loaded all 4 years. 1995-1996 my SR year Couches Leslie County team came to town and we blew them out 61-0.
Their WR couldn't catch worth a damn. That was the problem. Couch threw pretty damn hard.

1. Tim Couch once laid at my feet. We were both wearing football uniforms.
He got tackled out of bounds avoiding a sack where I was standing on the sideline.

I also played against Tim Couch in high school, my senior year. We were pretty good (we got knocked out of the playoffs in the second round by Knox County that year), but Leslie County still beat us pretty soundly.

Last edited:
Once in the Navy, we visited Alexandria, Egypt. Whilst completely and professionally anhebriated, I got busted pissing near the Sphynx.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Hmmmmm

Well, I’m an off road junkie (ATV and SxS)
Been married 30 years next month
HATE all those shows that it seems every other woman my age loves
I’m an avid reader
I met Isaiah Thomas in 87 and didn’t know who he was...:flushed:. That was the reason I really got into basketball.
I'll be married 30 years next month, and love reading. Met most of the 84 team at a Marina I worked at. I'm an Artist. Collect knives. Attended Berea college. Graduated WKU.

Also spent 9 weeks in Japan (work). Great time. Unfortunately when I got back to States I learn of the Sutton scandal:(.

Reactions: ubtrapper
I'm 50. Got saved May 7th 1994.
Been working at the same place going on 31 years.
I owned a retail bait shop for a few years then turned it into a wholesale bait business for 10 years.
Been married 29 years, have a son.
I'm a trapper (caught 102 mink in my best season).
I've bought, sold and dig Ginseng and Goldenseal.
Limb line for catfish and turtles plus any other fishing.
I hunt mushrooms.
I used to go pond diving for golf balls for several years. Lol Sold them by the dozen.
Just some things I've done in my life. Lol

I am the first person in the state of Kentucky and 2nd in the United States to receive an "Optimizer" implant for my heart. I was one of 6 people that tested for the device when it was offered to Dr Tomasonni at Central Baptist, in Lexington, Ky by the FDA for trials. It sends electrical signals to my heart to make it squeeze like a fist. It had been used in Europe for 7 years.
I am 64 years old, and I have had 3 heart attacks. I had an aortic dissection when I was 49. I was in pretty poor shape before I got this device. I had no energy and no wind. It has changed my life. I now walk or jog a mile, 4 times a week, and do double sessions of Yoga 3 to 4 times a week.
Last year, my girlfriend and I went on a driving tour to see a bit of Canada. We left Lexington and went up to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Niagara Falls, to the CN Tower in Toronto, across to Montreal, and back down through Vermont.
We flew to Reykjavik, Iceland this past July to snorkel at the Continental Divide. She is much younger than I, so I was getting plenty of exercise keeping up.
Then in August, we cruised to Havanna, Cuba, Cozumel, Mx, and Key West.
We just returned from a drive and cruise that took us to Charleston SC, St Augustine FL, St. Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee Haiti. I'm close to starting a new bucket list. Life is good. Praise God!

Last edited:
My mom once drug my brother and I up to Wisconsin so she could spend some quality time with Willie Nelson's personal traveling cook. We ended up with back stage passes to Willie's Indianapolis State Fair show. We had a hard time getting out of Indy and back to Ky because my mom was goofy from second hand weed smoke. My mom also got my brother and I into the locker room at Rupp by befriending a cop. As a child, I spent a lot of time in places that had beads hanging in the door ways.
Yes, I am a child of the 70's.

I need a jersey I have of his signed. Need to find it.

I collect guns, ninja turtles *85 *89, sports memorabilia, political memorabilia, knives, Kentucky / St. Louis cardinals everything, have a huge card collection specialties in Ozzie Smith, Ken Griffey Jr, Stan Musial, AD, Tom Pagnozzi (my boy), Ninetndo, Snes, N64, playstations, games specialty games (origional back to the future mint 90 NES FAV!), AND shoes!
Morg, I too am a collector and I see you are a St. Louis Cardinal fan. I am going way back with you here but do you have the 1964 St. Louis Cardinals World Champions LP 33 1/3 album narrated by Harry Caray and Jack Buck? I have a copy in my collection and it has only been played a few times. The album includes excerpts from actual broadcast, locker room interviews and a recap of the 1964 World Series.

Just wondering? I found one like it on E-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/382084115707

I have, while stone cold sober and without the smallest shred of a doubt, seen an UFO. Up close enough and going slow enough (a fast person couldve easily kept pace on foot) that if I'd had a baseball I could've hit it. In fact, I had my gun and entertained a brief thought of firing off a couple just to see how it reacted, but was ultimately afraid of how it would react!

Reactions: GG24 and treyforuk
I was born in 1938 at 7 months, weighed 3 lbs and was given 24 hours to live. I am now 80. I have pernicious anemia which is 100% fatal if untreated, but 100% survivable if caught early and treated with B12 shots once a month. Been doing the needle thing since 1986. Lucky and happy to be alive.

I have, while stone cold sober and without the smallest shred of a doubt, seen an UFO. Up close enough and going slow enough (a fast person couldve easily kept pace on foot) that if I'd had a baseball I could've hit it. In fact, I had my gun and entertained a brief thought of firing off a couple just to see how it reacted, but was ultimately afraid of how it would react!
No picture?

I worked as an HVAC mechanic and in July 1974 I did a repair on a unit at Cincinnati’s Riverfront stadium. As I was driving around the inside tunnel to leave, I saw that the centerfield gate from the tunnel to the field and the center field fence gate were open, and the Reds were taking batting practice. I parked and walked over to the fence to watch.

After about 10 minutes, Hal King a backup catcher was standing nearby talking with George Foster, and a number of the grounds crew were chasing fly balls. When King was called into to hit, he turned to me an threw me his glove. He must of thought that I was part of the grounds crew. He just said to put his glove in the dugout when I was finished.

So for about an hour and a half, I was chasing fly balls off the bats of the Big Red Machine.
Rose, Bench, Morgan, Perez, and sharing the outfield as well. It was an amazing experience. I didn’t go back to work that afternoon.
Absolutely incredible.

Reactions: treyforuk

Need more details.

-I get bucketz

-I get lotsa bucketz, in fact my nickname is le bucket getter extraordinaire

-I can throw a football 65-70 yards

-I nail bitties, nun but dime pieces

-I loooovvveeee dollar bills, as I feel like ones ability to get buckets, nail bitties (gf 5 years and going models), and get dollar bills defines ones social status.

-I'm the most modest man you'll ever meet

-And as dooshy as all this sounds, I am legit the nicest person ever, I have no business being with my gf but i treat her like a goddess and it worked out. Very polite to everyone when I'm not being a complete asshat

-All of these things are true, but I did my best to word it the dooshiest way possible, give me the DOY please so I can add it to my mantle?

-Did I mention I get hella bucketz? Because seriously I do. If I was 3-4 inches taller (I'm 6'2) I'd have at least played big time college ball. Could've definitely played QB in college as everyone told me to dedicate my life to the position but I was young and cared about other things more, mainly buckets, bitties and, beer/mota (The real BBB, quit smoking years ago as it gives me anxiety attacks, quit drinking when I was 20). But anyways for your average person I consider myself a pretty solid, well oiled, perfectly refined hooping machine that was designed in the name of Lord to get bucketz and vandalize bitties.

-I consider myself pretty good at rapping (I'm at least a million times better than snell at it lol), and hope to make a career of it, can play guitar pretty decently but quit years ago because my brother is a monster and seeing how good he was at it showed me how I'll never be that good and so I just quit since I knew it'd be nothing more than a hobby that even though I liked, didn't really have the truest passion for.

-I'm self made, straight from the slums. Remember being the only white kid on the bus for many years before social services took me from my drug addicted, loving but unfit parents. Attended over 20 elementary schools. Never been given a dime from family or anyone, all my friends/family were given cars and other nice things (I'm only friend/family member who wasn't given a car among other things). I worked for everything and wouldn't have wanted my upbringing any other way as it prepared me for the real world unlike some of my friends/family who were spoiled and aren't nearly as responsible/successful as thou.

-I'm the biggest Star Wars nerd here, yesterday was/is my Christmas, have you ever spent over a thousand dollars on a millennium falcon lego? Didn't think so.

Last edited:
I once rooted for the other team in a game involving UK. I was at WKU in 71 when we played in Mid-East regional (at Georgia no less). I had classes with a couple of WKU players (tho I really didn't know them) and wasn't rooting against UK, just for WKU. My brother and my best friend never let me forget it!
I was there at that time as well,but still a UK fan.I knew Witt,Bowerman and a few other basketball players,played a little pick-up games with some of them.

There was a kid from Chicago on the team that used to try and hustle guys outside Bemis Lawrence.He would ask to play for a quarter,let you win a couple of games then up it to a dollar. I played him 2 games and said "I'll take my 50 cents,I wouldn't want you to be late for practice" He paid up but didn't ask me to play anymore. I don't think he was at WKU for more than a year.Tony Stroud(sp) I think was the name

I was there at that time as well,but still a UK fan.I knew Witt,Bowerman and a few other basketball players,played a little pick-up games with some of them.

There was a kid from Chicago on the team that used to try and hustle guys outside Bemis Lawrence.He would ask to play for a quarter,let you win a couple of games then up it to a dollar. I played him 2 games and said "I'll take my 50 cents,I wouldn't want you to be late for practice" He paid up but didn't ask me to play anymore. I don't think he was at WKU for more than a year.Tony Stroud(sp) I think was the name
Talk about high stakes basketball. A whole dollar? Man musta been a high roller.

Talk about high stakes basketball. A whole dollar? Man musta been a high roller.
It was 71, plus he had to start somewhere,double or nothing would have gotten expensive for a poor college kid living on 19 dollars a week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT