ADVERTISEMENT

This is why you don't take Cousins too serious

So now do we see him for what he is and always was or keep pretending because he’s “one of ours?”
I never understood how he was some people's favorite. He's a first class douche.

Yeah its why I never bought intot the whole pride thing in our guys in the NBA. My opion all along has been being one year players their loyalty was more to Cal than UK. We'll see if that plays out now.

It's the culture Cal created from the start. NONE of those guys put UK first, it was gimme gimme gimme. University of Cal Gimme A Paycheck. Cousins is a clown.

Ridiculous assumption...

Did he say that? If so that is misguided but will not say a bad thing about him. He is still a cat. Just like Rex. Just like Doran. Etc.

You don’t kick your crazy uncle out of the family just because he said something crazy* at thanksgiving.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Ya'll gotta remember Boogie was 8 when Tubby won his title. So I doubt he remembers those titles or teams.

I loved Big Cuz while he was here and while always be endeared to him because he wore the Blue & White. Dude is clueless though.

Also, this is exhibit A of how most of our recent players have felt about the program. It was the University of Cal and nothing more than a one year pit stop. I’m done with that

Reactions: NociHTTP
Lol so Drake is going to do a (highly paid) appearance at Arkansas instead of UK? I’d be surprised if more than 40% of the next incoming Freshmen students at Kentucky even know who Drake is for real. Cal had it 15 years ago, but he’s forever stuck in that time. If Arkansas was the new cool place, you’d feel it already. Everyone sees it as a step down, it wasn’t a cool move. Cal didn’t come out of this looking swaggy or looking like a boss. He has a complete rebuild, blank slate with a blank check at Arkansas, which I get the attractiveness of that, especially if he gets more freedom to wheel and deal. But he’s had premier rosters, top 10 teams, and for nearly a decade he has failed to produce adequate results.

I will, and already do look back on the Cal era with great fondness. The first half of it was legendary. The back half wasn’t. It just went on too long. The plug should’ve been pulled after the Brandon Boston Covid season, but that’s much easier to see in hindsight. The program completely lost its culture and identity with that team. No one wanted Cal to leave on such a bad note and the players he was bringing in really brought a renewed hope of reclaiming what was rightfully ours. Plus, the 2019-20 team has kinda been given mythical Champion status over time. Right off the heels of that “what if?”, the Covid year seemed like it could’ve been a blip and Cal would be right back on track. But without a culture and identity, UK became a program to be used and Cal cashed his checks and gladly let it happen, because on paper it looked like a beast. The lofty draft projections from a decade before were still there, but the results weren’t even close to replicated.

So he gets a blank slate at Arkansas to make it Calworld. And maybe with the book of blank checks it works out for him. But it wasn’t going to work here because the program was shattered and Cal was taking the pieces and making abstract shapes with them and holding them up for everyone to see because they were just shiny and glittery enough to distract from how deformed the shape was. These last 3 years have been like UK and Cal were dragged out of Pet Sematary. Everything looked like it did before as long as you didn’t get too close or start peeling layers back.
Still gotta win games which he can’t do.

Yikes!!! Big cuz is actually clueless which is a shame. I’d bet my house against 1/10 of his assets that UK will be in national TV more times than Arkansas next year. Heck Arkansas will only have one game for certain that will be prime time viewing and that will be UK 😂. Come on cuz, surely you are smarter than that.
Well, as he said, it never was a spelling bee for him.

Boogie definitely views Cal as a father figure and he is going to defend him to the max . Later in the interview he did say that he still will support UK and loves big Blue.

Now UK will always be on Tv regardless but he also should look at who guys are choosing now .

Rutgers has 2 guys in the top 5 they committed to them .

Ant Edwards went to UGA

Cade Cunningham went to Okla St

Cal hadn’t even been getting the game changing top of the recruits anyway until he got Sharpe and this past class and we see how that turned out

With the exception of a few bred in Kentucky and a few others that butted heads with the coach
most ex-players are emotionally attached to their former coaches.
This was also the case for Pitino's players and Tubby's players etc. It's just that most have enough sense to keep their feelings a bit more private. All Cal's former players havn't came out and said things like
this, just a couple out of dozens and it's all to be expected.

The only way we wont’t be on TV is if Cal did something to get us put on probation. We’re Kentucky and the networks aren’t stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT