ADVERTISEMENT

Talked to 2 Other Fans Last Week

Thanks. I had to pick that after he laid the wood to UL last year. Loved that game and the way UK football is trending.
F yes. I probably had my whole neighborhood mad at me because of the way I was yelling. I love when he trucks or jumps over the defense. He’s gotta be careful though, he gets hurt and we are ****ed.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
So I was in Orlando on vacation last week.

I have vertigo so roller coasters that go upside down are out for me.

Was sitting waiting for my kids to get off a ride and was wearing a UK hat. Older gentlemen sitting close looks at me and says "Go Big Blue". I responded and we got to talking hoops. He is a Michigan St alum and fan. Lady close by was a UNC fan. Both seemed to know college ball.

We talked about our upcoming teams and the Michigan St guy was pretty down on them recently. Saying he feels like it might be time for a change there. Told him I could feel that.

UNC lady says she thinks they are being greatly overrated for getting hot at the right time last year. But thinks they will be good and said Bacot will be POY next year not Oscar.

We cut up about Cal and the St Peters game. Also the beat down we gave UNC.

Then they asked what I thought about UK next year. I said we need depth with only 9 players but still should be good. Both of them asked me how I thought we'd only be good returning the NPOY and Wheeler (Mich St guy was really high on him) on top of two top recruits. Michigan St guy says he is picking UK to win it all, UNC lady says we are Final Four bound. Then we laughed about St Peters some more and they both shrugged it off saying upsets happen. UNC lady brought up Mercer and Lehigh for Duke.

Talked about how so many people are down on Cal and the team and all the other stuff we hear on here. They both acted like anyone down on UK was absolutely crazy.

Lot more was said, but the gist from a couple outsiders was UK is in a good place and they didn't understand the worry. I told them that my main worries were depth and that Cal hasn't changed in game since he got here. MSU guy felt the same about Izzo.

Was cool to get a different perspective.
Good post but look out the negative Nancies will flock to discount anything positive.

The issue is people write off the sentiment because of those things. It's still a valid sentiment. The sentiment is bigger than a bunch of folks enriching themselves.
I give up with you. It seems you're missing the whole point of what others have stated while you remain stuck on the sentiment which is something all others and myself support. Just don't support the way they have shown in reality.

Last edited:
F yes. I probably had my whole neighborhood mad at me because of the way I was yelling. I love when he trucks or jumps over the defense. He’s gotta be careful though, he gets hurt and we are ****ed.
Couldn’t agree more. He’s a good sized man … hopefully he stays healthy.

Reactions: SosaUK87
Actions speak louder than words. The actions of the black community towards other blacks over the years has shown just how much other black lives matter to them. Check the stats. It's not even close with the number of violent crimes. But please go march and act like we are the problem because it makes you feel better. What a joke.

Some of you might want to remember UK is currently holding the title of the greatest basketball program of all time. We have more top spots on “the list” than any program. You don’t simply allow mediocrity when you’re a fan of that kind of program.

To the OP, I remember when fans of other teams would come here and tell us how great Tubby Smith was. It’s like a psychological condition, they don’t feel threatened by us, their team is doing well, they get the warm and fuzzies, and tell you everything is fine.

Stop. Please. Win to Kentuckys standard. Demand excellence. Be the best if you claim to be.

Some of you might want to remember UK is currently holding the title of the greatest basketball program of all time. We have more top spots on “the list” than any program. You don’t simply allow mediocrity when you’re a fan of that kind of program.

To the OP, I remember when fans of other teams would come here and tell us how great Tubby Smith was. It’s like a psychological condition, they don’t feel threatened by us, their team is doing well, they get the warm and fuzzies, and tell you everything is fine.

Stop. Please. Win to Kentuckys standard. Demand excellence. Be the best if you claim to be.
I was thinking the same thing. People loved the Cubbies because they were lovable losers.

The couple you met did not know about the teams kneeling and Cals support of BLM? That could be the reason they were optimistic about our chances.
A 9 win season doesnt help but the intense hatred that (some) on this board have for Cal can be traced back to the kneeling and BLM support. I am optimistic about this season as well. So, that makes me and two fans of other schools. Anybody else on here optimistic about next season. How about you Cowtown or Lowcountrycat?
Good Lord, you people and your drivel. It’s about the fact that Cal refuses to make adjustments, mix up defenses, run OOB plays, playing favorites, etc. College athletics is no place for political stances, however. There’s no place for it in sports, especially at the college level.

As far as this upcoming season, I’m not real optimistic. We have no wing depth. Fredrick is a walking injury. Cal seems to be set on this roster and it’s just simply not enough.

Last edited:
I liked it better when other fans hated Cal and called us cheaters because we go to the Final Four every couple/few years. Always a good sign when other fans think your coach is doing a “great” job. Michigan State guy probably loved Tubby, too.
Me too ! I used to laugh at rival fans when they said Cals success was a direct result of his relationship with WWW. Turns out , they were right. Its obvious to anyone with half a brain.

I hear ya, but unfortunately, I think it's become impossible to not see BLM in only a negative light because they were so radical, violent, and corrupt. Actual leaders would be better deserved to create a new mainstream 'tent' for their cause. I don't think the BLM can distance themselves from what most people think of the organization itself. Again, most people will get behind the sentiment, but not the org.
The sentiment is a fraud as well. How many black men have been killed by police. Damned few where it wasn’t warranted. More white guys actually but it never makes the news. There’s a reason. How many protests and riots are there over the black lives lost every week in Chicago? Los Angeles? Washington, DC? New Orleans? New York? Atlanta? None. Black lives apparently only matter when there’s political or economic gain to be made. That’s hypocrisy at its highest level.

Exactly this, it's on the people to see the social injustice where a teen walking home is gunned down but a guy who just killed a bunch of black people in Buffalo is taken in safely. If you see BLM and you can't separate the two then that's absolutely on you as a person.
People that are “gunned down” by Police generally get into a fight with the Police. That’s not a fight anyone is going to win. Do what they say and take up your grievance in court where it belongs, not on the street. The asshole in Buffalo laid down his weapon and gave up. As much as I’d like to have seen him shot down, the Police can’t do that if you surrender. Had he resisted and fired at Police, he’d be a corpse right now.

What I think most people don’t understand is it was a call for attention against police brutality against black Americans in a peaceful way.
Black Lives Matter supported it. The Black Lives Matter organization is also a vile organization that uses money to divide and cause violence in this country. Eye for an eye type of stuff. You can support equity in this country and recognize the need for police reform/training while at the same time recognize BLM as an organization isn’t a creditable outsource.

I’m against animal abuse but I won’t give a dime to PETA bc they are too radical. Both things can be true.
Dozens of police officers were assassinated in the year following the BLM stance as well. Remember the "Pigs in a blanket" protests?

So your pumped about Football and rightfully so. But simple question. Who has the better chance to win a national championship?
Uk basketball or Football.
We all know the basketball has the better chance. Because odds are the Football won't win the East much less the SEC Championship to get to the playoffs.
And don't take this as a knock on the Football team. It certainly is not. It's just reality. Football team in the last 10 years or so the most improved team in the country IMO.
They are a blast to watch play.
It's a great mental exercise. It's not even due to the limitations of a coach like Stoops, but rather the existence of other coaches like Saban, which make it virtually impossible for UK to win a National Title.

However.

Cal has declined to the point where it's impossible for him, in his current state, to win a title. He could reinvent himself like Self did this year, but his ego doesn't allow him any humility and introspection so it's not going to happen.

I'd say neither are possible at this time. With a new basketball coach it could happen immediately though. Hubert Davis came within a whisker of pulling it off. Also see Kevin Ollie.

So I was in Orlando on vacation last week.

I have vertigo so roller coasters that go upside down are out for me.

Was sitting waiting for my kids to get off a ride and was wearing a UK hat. Older gentlemen sitting close looks at me and says "Go Big Blue". I responded and we got to talking hoops. He is a Michigan St alum and fan. Lady close by was a UNC fan. Both seemed to know college ball.

We talked about our upcoming teams and the Michigan St guy was pretty down on them recently. Saying he feels like it might be time for a change there. Told him I could feel that.

UNC lady says she thinks they are being greatly overrated for getting hot at the right time last year. But thinks they will be good and said Bacot will be POY next year not Oscar.

We cut up about Cal and the St Peters game. Also the beat down we gave UNC.

Then they asked what I thought about UK next year. I said we need depth with only 9 players but still should be good. Both of them asked me how I thought we'd only be good returning the NPOY and Wheeler (Mich St guy was really high on him) on top of two top recruits. Michigan St guy says he is picking UK to win it all, UNC lady says we are Final Four bound. Then we laughed about St Peters some more and they both shrugged it off saying upsets happen. UNC lady brought up Mercer and Lehigh for Duke.

Talked about how so many people are down on Cal and the team and all the other stuff we hear on here. They both acted like anyone down on UK was absolutely crazy.

Lot more was said, but the gist from a couple outsiders was UK is in a good place and they didn't understand the worry. I told them that my main worries were depth and that Cal hasn't changed in game since he got here. MSU guy felt the same about Izzo.

Was cool to get a different perspective.
Nice to see you made it down. I live here and wife works at Disney. Sounds like you had a blast. The weather could hardly have been better. I have the same problem with rides. Can't go on them.

Nice to see you made it down. I live here and wife works at Disney. Sounds like you had a blast. The weather could hardly have been better. I have the same problem with rides. Can't go on them.
Weather was excellent all week. Rained only at night and once or twice while we were out

We landed back in Lexington Monday morning to 50 degrees and rain...

I almost turned back around to fly back down.

Can't believe the op didn't throat punch the UNcheat chick. :)

qDCDwVf.jpg

The sentiment is a fraud as well. How many black men have been killed by police. Damned few where it wasn’t warranted. More white guys actually but it never makes the news. There’s a reason. How many protests and riots are there over the black lives lost every week in Chicago? Los Angeles? Washington, DC? New Orleans? New York? Atlanta? None. Black lives apparently only matter when there’s political or economic gain to be made. That’s hypocrisy at its highest level.
Wow

As far as speaking to other fans I live in SC whenever I see a fan wearing UK hat / shirt. I ask so what do you think of Cal
Replies from around 10+
I was done with him 2 years ago
I never liked him but as long as he was winning I put up with him
He is too expensive to let go but I wish we could get rid of him
I have even had a WHO?
Not one person has said they are glad he is our coach and want to see him stay

He's Done just a matter of how and when

Sounds like the other fans might have been drinking, but glad to hear that others are thinking we are a Top 10 team. I want good rankings at the end of the year not the beginning.
Michigan and North Carolina, it may have been crack cocaine!

Actions speak louder than words. The actions of the black community towards other blacks over the years has shown just how much other black lives matter to them. Check the stats. It's not even close with the number of violent crimes. But please go march and act like we are the problem because it makes you feel better. What a joke.
TBF, white people kill white people too.

So your pumped about Football and rightfully so. But simple question. Who has the better chance to win a national championship?
Uk basketball or Football.
We all know the basketball has the better chance. Because odds are the Football won't win the East much less the SEC Championship to get to the playoffs.
And don't take this as a knock on the Football team. It certainly is not. It's just reality. Football team in the last 10 years or so the most improved team in the country IMO.
They are a blast to watch play.
I think most of it is the expectation of level of talent/results for FB will be better.

Pretty sure you give Stoops a top 5 class for 10 years, let alone top 1 or 2, he'd have better results than we got from basketball with the talent we have. He'll, we've been a win or two from the playoffs with top 30 classes mostly.

Many anticipate the basketball program continuing to underachieve, while FB expectations are on the rise. I'm not a Cal hater, but won't pretend there isn't an issue either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT