ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Alford says he is ‘100 percent’ committed to UCLA, has no interest in Indiana

IU just got a nut-shot on national TV with that comment. Time to call one of those Millers or Insano-Bitch's husband.

Donovan????? [roll]

Really Indiana?

You just got told **** off by a former player and alumn. But you're going to lure Donovan from the NBA who also happen to turn down UK twice?

Wake up from the dream you're having. Who's coaching San Jose State?

After hunting around on the IU boards...

Donovan
Archie Miller
Bennett from UVA

They think it will be one from those 3

Donovan????? [roll]

Really Indiana?

You just got told **** off by a former player and alumn. But you're going to lure Donovan from the NBA who also happen to turn down UK twice?

Wake up from the dream you're having. Who's coaching San Jose State?

Go read their rivals board. Billy D was in Bloomington this week. [roll]

Reactions: morgousky
Hmmm...he could have made that definitive comment all week yet he waits until after the loss. Strange...not sure I believe him.

Reactions: BBUK
I think Bennett is their best target . He coaches boring ass big10 style basketball. But no one wants that job...their fans think it's the 50s and as long as they keep that culture they will be irrelevant.

I'm sure Donovan has a horse farm in Indiana much like he did in Kentucky at one time. Alford's statement smelled like bs. Ole Roy said the same damn thing before he took the unc job. Of course he's going to say he's not interested was anything else?

If he is being genuine it is the right choice. He will win a lot more games in LA than he would in Bloomington. Only a madman would leave Cali for Indiana.

Alford says he loves Los Angeles and he says his family does too. Also said he has a great recruiting class coming in. I think he stays there.

UCLA fans and players at the moment

tenor.gif

Reactions: KentuckyCat420
I wouldn't give and credence to that statement on national TV. Alford or anyone else with any common sense or respect for the people who are paying their salary wouldn't throw them under the bus especially after just losing a tough game. He also had to keep his players and incoming recruits mental state in mind. Having said that I believe amidst the rumors of Roy returning to North Carolina right after a Kansas loss in the NCAA he stated that he had no intention of leaving Kansas to go to North Carolina and within weeks he was named coach of North Carolina. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him named Coach at Indiana, just can't imagine Billy D taking it.

I doubt his statement means much of anything. We've heard such talk from coaches in the past only to see them go somewhere else anyway. Pitino even told recruits and UK fans he had no interest in leaving UK and then did just that. Alford seems like he could be a Pitino like character. He was brought up by Bobby Knight, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT