ADVERTISEMENT

No Gimme Games in this Conference

I'd say this is a lesson every team in the conference should learn right now, if they haven't learned it already. The moment you relax and think the game should be an easy win, you probably just lost. UK isn't the only team that has been bitten by this attitude. I'm looking at this conference and can't find an easy win, especially on the road.

Thinking of the game Wednesday night for UK, it would be an easy thing for UK to think "We beat these guys in Gainesville, this should be no problem." I doubt the team will be thinking that, but human nature is hard to fight sometimes.
I would hope we take the lesson of bringing it especially on defense every game. So many games we have a huge lead and let it go, lately we haven’t been scoring so they better be locked in. It’s the meat of the conference schedule and we need to lock in to prepare for March. Still have Gonzaga coming to Rupp as well.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Richardson was already coaching Arkansas when they joined the SEC. Wimp Sanderson lead Alabama to 11 wins against KY which I assume is the most of any Bama coach, and they seemed to always be good and were usually a tournament team back then.
Georgia had Dominique Wilkins.
The SEC was a lot better back then than what people realize.
I’ve watched KY and SEC basketball for a long time and don’t buy into that the league is tougher now. We were just more dominant over the rest of the league during that time. You had Barkley and Wilkins (2 of the NBA’s 50 best players) come from other SEC schools during that time.
Now we gotta worry about slowing down Knecht at TN as opposed to those 2 guys 😂
Your memory is better than mine. 😀

Reactions: ukjenning44
Back to the past again. Pitino had to deal with Shaq, Chris Jackson, Corliss Williamson, Scotty Thurman, Oliver Miller, and Todd Day.
Tubby had to deal with the trio of Cory Brewer, Al Hordford, and Joakim Noah.

Cal has dealt with Admiral Schofield, Grant Williams, and now Dalton Knecht. 😂😂

People got to be joking when they talk about how much tougher the SEC is now. Pitino and Tubby dealing with other FF teams and NC’s while Cal gets Schofield and Williams? 😂😂

LSU, mizz, Texas A&M, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt are hot garbage this season.

People have let Cal lower their expectations because in the past we weren’t losing to bad SC and Vandy teams at home like last season.

Heck we lost 2 straight to Vandy last season.

The league isn’t tougher, Cal has just brought the UK program down to the other SEC schools levels. Actually below some of the other schools levels.

Reactions: know1
UGA leads Bama 41-27 half. Lowest scoring half for Bama this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT