ADVERTISEMENT

What has happened with Theiro?

ukfan117

Freshman
Apr 20, 2009
Calipari is saying Theiro has been having back spasms, but coming from Calipari, most of what he says is questionable sometimes.

Is there friction between him and Calipari over Edwards? Theiro seems to be doing better than Edwards, but like I stated, I have no idea what's going on with him.

I don't know if a thread was made about Theiro because I didn't see one, but if so, I apologize.

I cringe sometimes with things our fanbase posts. He has back issues and they sound pretty serious if he's missing this much time. I'm no doctor but tons of people on here have said how serious even back spasms and issues with the back are and how they linger.

I heard Cal refused to put him in the IL St game until 30 seconds left along with the other scrubs. He refused to check in and has been in the dog house ever since. This came directly from my cousin’s friend Jed, so it’s likely correct because he eats at the same restaurant as the UK equipment manager.

Last edited:
I cringe sometimes with things our fanbase posts. He has back issues and they sound pretty serious if he's missing this much time. I'm no doctor but tons of people on here have said how serious even back spasms and issues with the back are and how they linger.
I agree with you 100%.

Granted I was in my late 40's then, not 19-20, but I pulled a tiny back muscle playing racquetball once, it felt like someone shot me with a gun! I thought it was better a month later, then did our annual 20+ hour round trip Christmas drive to see family, and I was dying. For the next 2 months couldn't sit at my desk at work for more than 30 min, wound up going back & forth between desk and standup desk. Did massage, then chiropractor, then Dr, then PT. It was finally PT that helped. In total it was 4 months before I could play golf again.
That said, I KNOW UK players get immediate top-level treatments, so you can hopefully cut that 4 months down by 90%. Because we need Theiro. I said from the opening game, he is far from our best player, but he is one of our most important ones, because he is our best rebounder, our best defender, our most physical player.

Reactions: Blisterpac
Rob and Reed are ok coming off the bench.

But we think Thiero threw a fit over it and is being punished?

The guys that are being projected in the 1st round of the NBA draft can handle it, but not the guy who came here as a project?

I heard Cal refused to put him in the IL St game until 30 seconds left along with the other scrubs. He refused to check in and has been in the dog house ever since. This came directly from my cousin’s friend Jed, so it’s likely correct because he ate at the same restaurant as the UK equipment manager.
Listen to Gimel. Dude has sources when he’s not selling forklifts.

I think the OP is on to something. I noticed during one time out when we were up 10, Calipari looked towards Adou and mouthed in slow motion "I hate you".

It was so bad Antigua yelled at him and was like "Put him in!!!"

Anyone catch that?

I suffered back spasms as a sophmore and junior in high school as well as later in my 20s and 30s. Forget playing basketball, once you "lock up" you're not doing anything. You're literally stuck in position and it can come on out of nowhere. Even something as simple as bending over to flush the toilet can trigger a spasm. I hope he bounces back

Reactions: lsb34m3
Only time in my life I was ever in an ambulance was when I badly bulged a disc in my lower back during a game of pickup basketball. Simply bent over to pick up the ball off the dribble and BAM! As someone else said, it was like I was shot. Went to the ground immediately, and was nearly paralyzed from the pain. It was indescribable...easily the worst pain I've ever had in my life, and I've had kidney stones 3 times.

Don't f*** with your back. Period. Get better Adou, and take care of your back above all else!

It’s highly unfortunate for him. I pray he can heal up. I was rear ended in college and it messed my back up for the last 35 years. I played tennis in college and I was never the same. I’d have periods of time when everything was fine and could play for hours and hours. Then out of no where you move and feel like you were shot. Be out of commission for months. I would be able to teach but not play. Now almost every morning getting out of bed the pain is consistent. Have to slowly walk until everything warms up. It’s honestly day by day. I really do hope he can overcome this. Know he’s getting the best treatment but it may take til February before we see him.

• Wow
Reactions: UKTOPDOG
Calipari is saying Theiro has been having back spasms, but coming from Calipari, most of what he says is questionable sometimes.

Is there friction between him and Calipari over Edwards? Theiro seems to be doing better than Edwards, but like I stated, I have no idea what's going on with him.

I don't know if a thread was made about Theiro because I didn't see one, but if so, I apologize.
Disagree No Way GIF by Yellowstone

I hope he gets back soon, but that will only mean that another player will be injured either right before he returns, or very shortly after.

Seriously, start paying attention, it’s almost automatic with Cal’s teams😂

I heard Cal refused to put him in the IL St game until 30 seconds left along with the other scrubs. He refused to check in and has been in the dog house ever since. This came directly from my cousin’s friend Jed, so it’s likely correct because he ate at the same restaurant as the UK equipment manager.
If your friends last name is Clampett, I heard the same thing...

My wife slipped and fell the week of Thanksgiving. Nothing was broken. but ligaments in her lower back were sprained. That was 7 weeks ago, and while she is better, she's still day to day on activities. Yeah, she's 62, but it takes time to get over a back injury no matter what your age.

Why would you not believe Cal? When did he ever give you reason to doubt what he says?

Theiro is hurt. He will play when he's better. Has nothing to do with Edwards.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I heard Cal refused to put him in the IL St game until 30 seconds left along with the other scrubs. He refused to check in and has been in the dog house ever since. This came directly from my cousin’s friend Jed, so it’s likely correct because he eats at the same restaurant as the UK equipment manager.

He said dontai Allen do it and it inspired him

I sure hope he gets better soon. We need him.

Every year we have some mysterious injury that keeps guys out longer than we expect. I understand someone is saying the guy is having back issues, but they can’t help themselves by making it ambiguous by calling it “general soreness” first. We’re like okay cool general soreness. Oh wait he’s going to miss 2 weeks or more??? It’s always something. When he gets back someone else will get hurt, it’s like clockwork.

• Love
I suffered back spasms as a sophmore and junior in high school as well as later in my 20s and 30s. Forget playing basketball, once you "lock up" you're not doing anything. You're literally stuck in position and it can come on out of nowhere. Even something as simple as bending over to flush the toilet can trigger a spasm. I hope he bounces back
Thiero doesn't have to flush the toilet. He has Chuck Norris do it for him.

• Haha

He​

Has​

An​

Injured​

Back​

Honestly, it’s cool that you responded to him this way but they have been way more ambiguous about it than this reply makes it sound like. Most people out there seriously don’t know what’s going on with him based on what the team has put out. Let’s not act like they’ve told us anything.

My dad (who watches every game, doesn’t miss) even texted me last night, “what in the world is going on with Thiero?” Honestly if you don’t post on this board I don’t think you’d have a clue. I’ve only read it’s back issues here.

Honestly, it’s cool that you responded to him this way but they have been way more ambiguous about it than this reply makes it sound like. Most people out there seriously don’t know what’s going on with him based on what the team has put out. Let’s not act like they’ve told us anything.

My dad (who watches every game, doesn’t miss) even texted me last night, “what in the world is going on with Thiero?” Honestly if you don’t post on this board I don’t think you’d have a clue. I’ve only read it’s back issues here.

Maybe because it is back issues? You want an x-ray?

Maybe because it is back issues? You want an x-ray?
Good lord, no. I think you completely missed my point. I’m not even questioning whether or not it’s back issues. I’m just saying it’s true that a LOT of people don’t know. Plastering it in big bold all caps like everyone on the planet but that guy knows it’s a back thing isn’t really fair. Lots of people are wondering.

Good lord, no. I think you completely missed my point. I’m not even questioning whether or not it’s back issues. I’m just saying it’s true that a LOT of people don’t know. Plastering it in big bold all caps like everyone on the planet but that guy knows it’s a back thing isn’t really fair. Lots of people are wondering.

What
else
is
there
to
say?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT