ADVERTISEMENT

Sarr waiver news realistically could come this week

I think you know. But how would it have worked out if he had not been playing PRO ball and getting PAID. If you think they are the same circumstances, no need discussing further. I was not defensive nor am I sensitive, I just can not believe someone would the Sarr and Kanter situation are even remotely the same.
Kanter was 16 years old in a foreign country and too young to be paid. His parents put it in a savings account. They did not know or understand NCAA rules and offered to return the money. While the Sarr situation is different, the argument that the NCAA is corrupt still stands. They let Cam Newton play college ball after his dad tried to get 100K. NCAA said Cam didn’t know. Did Kanter know NCAA rules at 16 years old? The point Bill is trying to make is that UK gets held to different standards. Mostly bad standards.

Have you quit your negative comments about Sarr getting a waiver once you realized that he actually will receive the waiver like I have said all along? Sarr will get the waiver. Now you have moved your attention to Gatewood.

I have not posted negative comments about Sarr getting a waiver. I have posted what the NCAA says about getting a waiver and the degree to which Sarr’s situation fits, or does not fit, into the NCAA’s requirements.

So my comments have been neither positive nor negative. They’ve simply stated the facts of the situation.

It is an irrefutable fact that the reasons for the transfer that have been publicly stated do not fit existing NCAA guidelines. It is an irrefutable fact that Sarr’s and Forbes’ public statements will subject his request to additional scrutiny from the AMA staff reviewing the request.

As such, UK faces an uphill battle on this. That doesn’t mean he won’t get the waiver, it just means this waiver is one that will be very difficult to obtain. That is also an irrefutable fact because if this were an easy one to get, then the waiver would’ve been granted already.

The fact that sharing this information appears to hurt your feelings is something I’m not too concerned about as it is beyond my control.

We know that Kentucky probably waited on Sarr's grades at Wake Forest. Wake Forest handed out grades May 19th so it was after that when Kentucky turned his paperwork in for his waiver. If it has been approx. 2 months for most of the decisions then Sarr's would be end of July or first of August for his decision.

I have not posted negative comments about Sarr getting a waiver. I have posted what the NCAA says about getting a waiver and the degree to which Sarr’s situation fits, or does not fit, into the NCAA’s requirements.

So my comments have been neither positive nor negative. They’ve simply stated the facts of the situation.

It is an irrefutable fact that the reasons for the transfer that have been publicly stated do not fit existing NCAA guidelines. It is an irrefutable fact that Sarr’s and Forbes’ public statements will subject his request to additional scrutiny from the AMA staff reviewing the request.

As such, UK faces an uphill battle on this. That doesn’t mean he won’t get the waiver, it just means this waiver is one that will be very difficult to obtain. That is also an irrefutable fact because if this were an easy one to get, then the waiver would’ve been granted already.

The fact that sharing this information appears to hurt your feelings is something I’m not too concerned about as it is beyond my control.
I have no idea why people keep giving you hell about this. I swear the internet killed reading comprehension.

Took this kid's waiver approvel 3 months.

If this holds up, then the week of August 6 could be the one to watch for.

So could drag on at least 3 more weeks.

This week, Calipari also joked that the NCAA would red flag Sarr's waiver and take a harder look at it since it was such a high-profile case, so maybe we should just assume this won't end for several more weeks.

In other words, just live your life and don't bother refreshing thinking that a decision is coming today or tomorrow.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
This is premium but you get the idea.
I remember watching Sarr in a game last year and he made a move and a shot like a guard would. The TV announcer was so impressed with the game he was having and after he made that play he said he was 'so good.' A skilled big that plays hard. Just need to keep him out of foul trouble.

I remember watching Sarr in a game last year and he made a move and a shot like a guard would. The TV announcer was so impressed with the game he was having and after he made that play he said he was 'so good.' A skilled big that plays hard. Just need to keep him out of foul trouble.
My wish is that he's eligible and we have a season. I watched him s few times last year, he's good.

Hopefully Sarr plays and we have a season.

Sarr is a former All-ACC performer. He averaged double digits on a Wake team with little talent around him.

And keep this in mind, Sarr will likely be our 3rd best player!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT