ADVERTISEMENT

RJ decision coming soon

Hey now, lol!!!

Also, a buckeye but parents, grandparents, great-grandparents were all from Ky. We live in the midst of UC, UD, MU and OSU with our whole family CATS fans. There are more BBN basketball fans in this part of Ohio than basketball fans for Cincinnati, Dayton, Miami and Ohio State combined!

434184RC-24230652-Black.jpg
Cool shirt. Is that real?

I wouldn't expect him to make a decision at least until after the dust settles in this investigation.

Or any commitments for that matter.

It will be the opposite. This will move very quickly. This visit, unlike the uk visit, was planned from the outset. Its crazy that people are comparing the two. uk's was rushed as a counter to the Duke visit and Dukes was always part of the plan and was followed by schools being eliminated. Oregon actually finished 2nd here but Barrett was never really up for grabs.

Scandal wise, Duke and UK wont get touched although both have some exposure (UK very recently actually). But both programs really have this down to a science and the feds don't have that playbook. unc and ku are in a quiet panic as their coverage is in someone's hands who already has been touched. Choose your friends wisely.

The good news for uk fans is that uk is positioning itself as a safe haven for kids who want to avoid the scandal. Look for them to get involved with kids who leave or were considering other schools. UK is also in tremendous shape in 2019 and will borrow a page from Duke's book and look to get a reclass from 19 if enough current players leave after this year.

Reactions: bigbluelou
It will be the opposite. This will move very quickly. This visit, unlike the uk visit, was planned from the outset. Its crazy that people are comparing the two. uk's was rushed as a counter to the Duke visit and Dukes was always part of the plan and was followed by schools being eliminated. Oregon actually finished 2nd here but Barrett was never really up for grabs.

Scandal wise, Duke and UK wont get touched although both have some exposure (UK very recently actually). But both programs really have this down to a science and the feds don't have that playbook. unc and ku are in a quiet panic as their coverage is in someone's hands who already has been touched. Choose your friends wisely.

The good news for uk fans is that uk is positioning itself as a safe haven for kids who want to avoid the scandal. Look for them to get involved with kids who leave or were considering other schools. UK is also in tremendous shape in 2019 and will borrow a page from Duke's book and look to get a reclass from 19 if enough current players leave after this year.

[roll]

This dude has been watching too many old X-files reruns

I ain't arguing with you dude if that;s what you're wanting. If you want to think Cal is falling behind in recruiting and the phony in durham is the be all end all go ahead. He's nothing but a copycat that uses his little henchmen to spread garbage about UK.
Dangle all you want. Enjoy. Submit and fret. Have at it.

Thanks for the permission. I love to dangle, submit, and fret. I hate myself.

UK doesn't need to borrow shit from "Duke's book". GTFOH with that BS. If anything, it's the other way around. Actually, it's pretty obvious. Pro day, Duke's not for everyone, Duke is college basketball and on and on. Monkey see, monkey do. Thanks for playing. :joy:

You are either extremely plugged into the college basketball scene or completely full of crap. I have no idea which one it is.

None yet. Which is another thing, it's not like Duke visited and he either a. committed then or b. set a specific date. He very well could be thinking that he has all his information, has no more desire to go to Zona or Michigan, and is staying on course to decide soon. If that's the case, I still like our chances.

Admittedly, a rash decision to commit has me a little worried. The longer this plays out the better for us.
Lineski, this is OT, but could you email me at when you get the chance? No hurry.

Last edited:
LOL, PUKE better invest in a cryogenic enclosure to store Coach K for game-days and recruiting visits if Capel is gonna be tapped their "coach in waiting"!

Jeff Capel Head coaching record
Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason

Oklahoma Sooners (Big 12 Conference) (2006–2011)
2006–07 Oklahoma 16–15 6–10 T–7th
2007–08 Oklahoma 23–12 9–7 T–4th NCAA Round of 32 (with B.Griffin)
2008–09 Oklahoma 30–6 13–3 2nd NCAA Elite Eight (with B.Griffin)
2009–10 Oklahoma 0–18* 0–12* T-11th
2010–11 Oklahoma 14–18 5–11 8th
Oklahoma: 83–69* (.546) 33-43* (.434)

Oklahoma: 30–51* (.370) 11-33* (.250) (without B.Griffin)

Total: 162–110* (.596)

*Oklahoma vacated 13 regular season wins (and 4 conference wins) due to use of an ineligible player during the 2009–10 season.

From what I can find, it looks like people are just connecting the Duke meeting and Michigan cut yesterday, and jumping to the conclusion that this means he gave Duke a verbal.

And this turns into "rumor is that Barrett gave Duke a verbal".

According to who?

"Insiders."

Ugh. K really seems to have Cal's number as of late. I have faith in our guy, though. Lets see what happens. Last I heard, didn't MJ say UK guys felt good about Barrett?

Evan Daniels picked Duke for Barret in the Crystal Ball last night
without an explanation, that could be his attempt at reading the tea leaves like every knucklehead with a twitter account, or it could be him with more direct information. We don't know.

Barrett may go to Duke, but I still believe think the reason cut ties with Shittu had to do something with the staff feeling confident in getting Barrett.

Possibly, but I think it is that Shittu had his hand out.

Last edited:
Possibly, but I think it is that Shitti had his hand out.

I've thought that could be a possibility too in light of recent events. However, it did happen about the time that RJ visited, so it's hard to tell.

This is some hilarious stuff - thanks for the inside information FBI Agent Bullshit. FYI for future trolling posting - you MIGHT have been believable to a point - but you took it way to far with the "borrow a page from Duke's book"... LOL!!. Really, the whole thing is some good fiction - but that hyperbole was LOL worthy.

Back to the dorm for you to pleasure yourself to a Grayson Allen poster...

He's going to Duke.

Man it sure *feels* like they're kicking are ass with top 5 kids.

Maybe this will be a coup like Knox was.

Reddish and Barrett would be tough to beat.

Zion and Bol?

Maybe Duke will get somehow caught up in this, but it just feels like that's where Barrett wants to go which is pretty depressing.
You have to love pessimistic posters like this^^^^^

Reactions: struggler
This kid has always been Dukes. If anyone could change that it is Cal. Duke basically gets whoever they want now. Something changed a few years back and it won't change until K expires or retires. This guy ain't retiring for 5 more years guys. This is all he has. Capel will go after this season to another mid level P5 school. K will replace him with another "closer" and K's name will still carry water. Duke is hated by most BB fans and loved absolutely worshipped by the media like Hillary was. That tells me everything I need to know. Whoever the media fawns over is generally not the favorite of the general fan.

Cal is a pit bull. He is a winner. He has done it with the seething hatred of the media and has turned UK back into the BB monster that it for the most part has always been. I would take him in a fair fight against K any day. The problem is, I don't think there is such a thing in today's world as a fair fight. Better watch out for that crow bar Cal, I see an assistant assassin I mean coach behind you. Duke you are the popular girl in school again but UK is the head master. We'll get ours and we'll see you in the finals of you can get by Mercer and Lehigh. Long but I don't care today! Read or leave it! Lol

I don't see why he and Reddish would play together.

I know they are both versatile players, and we love the catch-phrase position-less, but i think they are both 3s in college.

You are either extremely plugged into the college basketball scene or completely full of crap. I have no idea which one it is.

Obviously, I'm one of Kevin Durant's burner accounts.
I wouldn't trust some guy on the internet either and since that's what we all are, I'll just let the scorekeepers track the credibility stats.

If Duke had him already, why did they need a last minute meeting. I think he comes to UK.

So, now, this kid is going around telling everyone UK isn't even 2nd. On top of that UK is copying off Duke?

You know nothing nuhuhuhuhuhuh. You're going around reading crap off the internet spouting it out as if it's gospel. Duke is probably getting this kid, but you don't know shit.

I found a clip of what this conversation in real life would look like if we were talking. Ill play the part of Matt Damon. You're the part played by the douchey guy.

So, now, this kid is going around telling everyone UK isn't even 2nd. On top of that UK is copying off Duke?

You know nothing nuhuhuhuhuhuh. You're going around reading crap off the internet spouting it out as if it's gospel. Duke is probably getting this kid, but you don't know shit.

I found a clip of what this conversation in real life would look like if we were talking. Ill play the part of Matt Damon. You're the part played by the douchey guy.

Everybody thinks they're Matt Damon in these arguments. Most are actually Casey Affleck.

This is some hilarious stuff - thanks for the inside information FBI Agent Bullshit. FYI for future trolling posting - you MIGHT have been believable to a point - but you took it way to far with the "borrow a page from Duke's book"... LOL!!. Really, the whole thing is some good fiction - but that hyperbole was LOL worthy.

Back to the dorm for you to pleasure yourself to a Grayson Allen poster...

That's funny, youre the second person (correction 3rd. Imaginary Will Hunting also didnt like them apples) to react to the "borrow a page" comment. How is that offensive? If anything its smart. Duke has pulled bagley and barrett by managing the reclass process. Has uk landed a meaningful recruit that way? Theyre looking to in 18 but they need big seasons out of a few borderline guys to make room.

As for the FBI bs, I only have 1 guy with access there so of course, the info cant be verified but he's someone I grew up with so I'm going with it. Watch Black, watch Miller, and watch unc and ku do everything they can to create distance from them. Hell, Bill Self went on record last week talking about how hes not coaching forever and that dealing with recruiting is the reason why. Now why would he do that just days before this?

That's funny, youre the second person (correction 3rd. Imaginary Will Hunting also didnt like them apples) to react to the "borrow a page" comment. How is that offensive? If anything its smart. Duke has pulled bagley and barrett by managing the reclass process. Has uk landed a meaningful recruit that way? Theyre looking to in 18 but they need big seasons out of a few borderline guys to make room.

As for the FBI bs, I only have 1 guy with access there so of course, the info cant be verified but he's someone I grew up with so I'm going with it. Watch Black, watch Miller, and watch unc and ku do everything they can to create distance from them. Hell, Bill Self went on record last week talking about how hes not coaching forever and that dealing with recruiting is the reason why. Now why would he do that just days before this?

FBI Agent BS...

1. No one is offended... we are calling it fiction from whole cloth - it's a complete fabrication. But your condescending "It's smart to copy Douche U" isn't lost on anyone.

2. I too have a friend I "grew up with" that is great at reading a few articles on the internet - adding his own imaginary and hyperbolic generalities - hoping he gets lucky and something happens to agree somewhat closely with what he's said (based on info that is already out there with generalities or possible conclusions mixed in), then patting himself on the back as such a smart Douche U troll. So much smarter than other inferior schools... you're a regular psychic. BIG insider you are!!!

Grayson is waiting on your daily worship dorm rat. Back to your fantasies.

I think Cal is buying into K's strategy myself. And I'm glad he is. Offering guys super early can be dangerous but also incredibly rewarding. Cal usually holds off because he could. When K changed his ways Cal just couldn't pop in and do his thing. No shame in it because recruiting is nasty, vicious, and ever changing. One thing is for sure Duke followers ( all dozen of you) K has "copied" Cal a whole lot more than Cal has ever taken from K's playbook. You keep your Coach and we'll keep ours. The next few years should be fun.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Ummm yes, UK has landed meaningful recruits that way. Dakari Johnson, Karl Towns, and Jamal Murray all reclassified and commited to Kentucky. Way before Bagley and Barrett.

Not sounding good for us. Hoping this is one of those recruitments that goes back and forth and the kid changes his mind every day, where you just have to hope that whatever day he DOES decide, he's feeling you.

I think Jamal Murray and Nerlens Noel were reclasses, but I'm not going to look it up. I will say it is funny how Capel's recruitment went from sucky to the best in the country and knowing that he came from Oklahoma trouble too. Oh and I also find it interesting that Bagley recruitment came down to Duke and USC (USC is in the scandal).

Not trolling - I hate Duke too. USC fan here (I know, I know), just have some friends on the national level that give me some info from time to time. RJ committed to Duke last night. He will wait as he begins to hash out plans on the announcement. Daniels was the first to hear it this morning, thus his crystal ball prediction - many more will follow in the coming days. It's over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT