ADVERTISEMENT

RJ decision coming soon

Duke is handing UK its ass in recruiting right now. Grabbing the top option at about every position. This rivals what Cal was able to do at UK from 2009-20013 or so.

Duke is the best recruiting school in the nation on 9/27/17. Cal needs to land Williamson, Bol, and either Grimes or Johnson.
Even if he does it wouldn't top Reddish/Barrett.

Back on Barrett...it always kind of bothered me that Cal basically told him he had no clue how he would use him per Barrett. Thought that was kind of bizarre. And evidently his apparent lack of enthusiasm about the visit in the interview was genuine.
Ok with all due respect, you're really reaching with that last sentence.

Funny how one visit happens and its all of a sudden wrapped up when it wasnt after all their other visits.

it's not a coincidence that Duke visits him today and he all of a sudden cancels his remaining visits and it's rumored a decision is coming soon.

What were the remaining visits, do you know?

the rest of em.

as far as I know he's visited UK and Duke and that's it officially. Maybe Oregon.

But Duke visited him today in FL and he decides to cancel all remaining visits? Come on.

I
it's not a coincidence that Duke visits him today and he all of a sudden cancels his remaining visits and it's rumored a decision is coming soon.
Maybe he canceled his visits and Duke not feeling strong in their position rushed to see him. I think it would be asinine for the Duke staff to be gloating about a future commitment from an elite recruit before he announces. Seems insincere to me.

Reactions: ashbergh
the rest of em.

as far as I know he's visited UK and Duke and that's it officially. Maybe Oregon.

But Duke visited him today in FL and he decides to cancel all remaining visits? Come on.
He cancelled Michigan, but he was never going there. He made all his other visits, UK, Duke, Arizona and Oregon.

I did. Did you read the interview where Cam Reddish said "Duke is definitely NOT the leader?"

Bottom line is, what kids say in interviews means jack shit.

Ok. Keep believing he's coming to UK, but unless Cal visits him or gets in his ear tomorrow & works magic...its over. Not saying that can't happen, but as we go to bed tonight...its Duke

Last edited:
Ok. Keep believing he's coming to UK, but unless Cal visits him or gets in his eat tomorrow & works magic...its over. Not saying that can't happen, but as we go to bed tonight...its Duke
You may be right. I just won't concede based on the tone of an interview. Know what I'm saying?

He's going to Duke.

Man it sure *feels* like they're kicking are ass with top 5 kids.

Maybe this will be a coup like Knox was.

Reddish and Barrett would be tough to beat.

Zion and Bol?

Maybe Duke will get somehow caught up in this, but it just feels like that's where Barrett wants to go which is pretty depressing.

Ok. Keep believing he's coming to UK, but unless Cal visits him or gets in his eat tomorrow & works magic...its over. Not saying that can't happen, but as we go to bed tonight...its Duke
Dude, you need to back it down a little. So you've got a buddy close to Duke, big whoop. You're acting all cocky and giddy almost like you're hoping the kid goes to Duke so you can put a feather in your cap. You're trying too hard.

Well this would suck.Zion and Quickley just isn't enough.Who knows about Bol?I don't feel great that we get him.Maybe one of Johnson/Grimes.Still not enough since I expect at least Knox,Vanderbilt,Richards,Diallo to leave.

Im not trying to be nasty here, just asking an honest question. Why wouldn't you share this after you heard this info ahead of it coming out in the media? It would have really given you incredible credibility right now. Again I'm not trying to be judgemental just wondering why it wasnt shared earlier.
I’ve had a couple life events that have taken away my time over the past month, birth of a child to be more specific. If you’d like some specifics, players from Kansas include Andrew Wiggins, Embiid and Joshua sh Jackson. UCLA kris Wilkes, just to name a few

Nobody here is the authority and nobody can claim to know...but come on. How can anyone take the latest news and not KNOW he's going to play for Duke? Hate it, but it is what it is

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Dude, you need to back it down a little. So you've got a buddy close to Duke, big whoop. You're acting all cocky and giddy almost like you're hoping the kid goes to Duke so you can put a feather in your cap. You're trying too hard.

Lol...yea, I want him to go to Duke.

Kind of frustrating watching some of you close your eyes & ears to what's obvious. Duke staff, Duke insiders, other insiders, Evan Daniels...etc.

It's believeable if it's the team the fan likes opposite when it's another team. Same with Crystal ball predictions. Either excitement or denial. None of us knows for sure but the writing "seems" to be on the wall. Time will tell

BTW...I've posted here longer than you. You think I'm posing. Wow!

You act like a buckeye that's for sure

Hey now, lol!!!

Also, a buckeye but parents, grandparents, great-grandparents were all from Ky. We live in the midst of UC, UD, MU and OSU with our whole family CATS fans. There are more BBN basketball fans in this part of Ohio than basketball fans for Cincinnati, Dayton, Miami and Ohio State combined!

434184RC-24230652-Black.jpg

I’ve had a couple life events that have taken away my time over the past month, birth of a child to be more specific. If you’d like some specifics, players from Kansas include Andrew Wiggins, Embiid and Joshua sh Jackson. UCLA kris Wilkes, just to name a few
Fair enough. Who are the two Duke guys that you speak of?

I think K (or maybe Capel) is telling these kids that next year is K's last and convincing them to be a part of his last team and to make it a super team.
I've felt this way for awhile. I also think he will then "change his mind" because he is having too much fun and continue to coach.

Reactions: struggler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT