ADVERTISEMENT

RJ decision coming soon

Remember when Cal visited Barrett and it was because the school that's trailing always wants more face time to catch up and then Duke visited and it was evidence that he's committing there?
I was just about to say this

He came back with them and was playing pick-up games at Duke this afternoon,Allen has already tripped him twice.
ba68b713-4cf8-4ac4-a56e-b2082365151c_zpsi73aynfv.jpg

I remember coachx11 saying if he decides in fall more than likely Duke if he waits til spring then better chance for us. Hope he is wrong tho

Cal won't lie to these kids, he won't promise them anything, he won't over recruit, he won't negative recruit. Not to mention he's not getting 17 year olds into a 4.0 GPA school a year early like it's no big deal..

It's going to be tough to remain as the top recruiter that way. Because coach K is doing those things and it's paying off. They get RJ and they lock up the #1 class, by some metrics for the 3rd year in a row.

Cal is the hero who won't use guns. But maybe it's time to pick up a pistol.

Reactions: awf
It does worry me that ralphdaltonfan seemed so sure UK wasn't getting him.He seems to be a poster who is honest about what he hears.

Reactions: yoshukai
Cal won't lie to these kids, he won't promise them anything, he won't over recruit, he won't negative recruit. Not to mention he's not getting 17 year olds into a 4.0 GPA school a year early like it's no big deal..

It's going to be tough to remain as the top recruiter that way. Because coach K is doing those things and it's paying off. They get RJ and they lock up the #1 class, by some metrics for the 3rd year in a row.

Cal is the hero who won't use guns. But maybe it's time to pick up a pistol.

Since 2013, Duke has been beating us at our own game. Still wanna have hope, but with them visiting him today, then canceling the Mich visit and saying he's gonna decide soon, pretty much sounds like it's them. For some reason, Top 5 players are not feeling Cal anymore.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Since 2013, Duke has been beating us at our own game. Still wanna have hope, but with them visiting him today, then canceling the Mich visit and saying he's gonna decide soon, pretty much sounds like it's them. For some reason, Top 5 players are not feeling Cal anymore.

Agree and this is perplexing to me. I mean Duke is a top tier program for sure, but their recruiting has skyrocketed as of late and ours has been in decline (barely, but we used to literally get our pick of the litter pre-2015). We’re getting top 10-20 guys instead of top 5 guys.

Still have faith.. Recent trends worry me, and the shit K is clearly pulling is cause for concern..

Him canceling visits after Duke could be good or bad. I have to think Cal has made a serious push on him now that Duke already has two top10 guys. Cal doesn't like to lose and knows we need to start getting a few of these guys.

Still have faith.. Recent trends worry me, and the shit K is clearly pulling is cause for concern..

Him canceling visits after Duke could be good or bad. I have to think Cal has made a serious push on him now that Duke already has two top10 guys. Cal doesn't like to lose and knows we need to start getting a few of these guys.

He canceled his Michigan visit after he visited Oregon.

Duke:
2008-2013: 4, 5 star recruits

2014-17: 15, 5 star recruits

Wonder what changed? :scream:

I think it will be Duke, but that's just a guess.

I think our class will be:

Quickley
Grimes
Johnson
Williamson
Bol
Hayes

Quickley will help us land Williamson. I think Johnson really wants to be here and pulls the trigger once Barrett is off the board. Grimes will have a great visit. I see him and a lot of other Adidas players distancing themselves from that brand, which will hurt KU recruiting. Bol's favorites were suppose to be Zona and USC, now they look to be in trouble. I look for Cal to swoop in and get him. He is the perfect Cal big man. Hayes is a project from nearby Cincy, so he comes here to learn while playing against pros for 2-3 years and be relatively close to home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT