ADVERTISEMENT

RJ decision coming soon

Wait, I thought Duke was his most recent visit, but it was Oregon? That's much different IMO.

Yea in order from first to last visit went like this...Uk, Duke, zona then Oregon. Has cut zona(obviously) and mich from his list. Just looked at the crystal ball which I have zero faith in but had uk and Duke tied with 44% and 11% unsure

Those were his official visits to the schools but coach K saw him today.

Barrett visited Oregon on the 23rd and K and Dingus were at Montverde today.

Ahhh.. That's different. His write up of Duke wasn't overly impressive. Which makes me think, that's why K and staff flew out to see him.

I'm going with Kentucky. The above events and time line don't really favor Duke.

Reactions: Bluest Member
Coach K & Capel visited him today. All this developed after that visit. It's Duke....move on

So this is your guess based off splinter and blubber visiting him today, convincing him today to go to Duke and him thus announcing he will pick a school?
Or are the turds on puke sight spewing this?

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
RJ didn't have much to say on his UK visit, either, but his coach and another insider said it went extremely well. Plus the tie with Shai. Plus Cal visited him almost a week ago. Kentucky got two in persons with him before K did.. I wonder if K's was last ditch.

So this is your guess based off splinter and blubber visiting him today, convincing him today to go to Duke and him thus announcing he will pick a school?
Or are the turds on puke sight spewing this?

No...Duke staff

Lol...whatever...unless Duke staff is lying. Doubt that
But they are the most chatty staff in the country. They always are confident. They may definitely get him, but it's a possibility their confidence is overblown. It's definitely 50-50. I think if a few days pass by and we don't hear about an announcement for a decision, I'll feel good about it.

It does worry me that ralphdaltonfan seemed so sure UK wasn't getting him.He seems to be a poster who is honest about what he hears.

I just share what I'm told and trust my friend who tells me things. I don't know jack #hit and never claim to be some magical insider. The pathetic thing is that apparently others take things and run with it. The lies being spread about me and and misinformation is pathetic and laughable. My favorite is that apparently on another site I am reportedly a fan who has "missed on things dating back to Tubby Smith era". You can always look up the post history and see what I've stated/shared. Make judgement off that if you think I'm getting bad info.

Hope for your case my friend was told some bad info. Like Cal and been treated well here, but some of the fans elsewhere saying false things without knowing what I've shared and stating that I'm an "insider".

But they are the most chatty staff in the country. They always are confident. They may definitely get him, but it's a possibility their confidence is overblown. It's definitely 50-50. I think if a few days pass by and we don't hear about an announcement for a decision, I'll feel good about it.

Agree on that if he waits a few days. They're talk today is based on their visit. TFWIW

Know 2 people who do...unfortunately

I believe you. I've seen you be right on other things. Just hope this changes, but Ive never thought he was coming here.

The parents are very in to academics and no offense to UK, but ours isn't Duke. RJ is very smart kid from what Ive read. They seem to be the separater.

I would think them chatting like this is becasue they don't have a verbal and only feel good about their chances. If they had him locked up they wouldn't be running their mouth and stealing his thunder (although I guess capel is a POS and I shouldn't assume he wouldn't)
Barrett will bring puke the same disappointment Knox did.
Just my guess.

If duke gets caught up in this scandal, which is likely from what I’ve heard, it won’t matter. Ever wonder why they all of a sudden started pulling cal type classes?

Sad to know 2 or more hall of fame coaches are gonna get hit hard when it’s all said and done

It doesn't make sense that K and Capel visiting him today mean he's going to Duke. I take it to mean the opposite--they feel bad about their position and rushed to see him before he solidifies his decision.

The Insiders over on the Duke board have been confident for a while, but they are especially confident now. I've got a friend who is a Duke fan that has access to their premium board and that's what he's saying.

I realize that MJ has said that he believes RJ will eventually become a cat, but I have my doubts. Of course I had my doubts with Knox too, and look how that ended up!

Regardless, I know we're going to have a great class. But I would like to get some of those Top 5 guys like we used to get. Not only because we need them, but it keeps them away from Duke.

The Insiders over on the Duke board have been confident for a while, but they are especially confident now. I've got a friend who is a Duke fan that has access to their premium board and that's what he's saying.

I realize that MJ has said that he believes RJ will eventually become a cat, but I have my doubts. Of course I had my doubts with Knox too, and look how that ended up!

Regardless, I know we're going to have a great class. But I would like to get some of those Top 5 guys like we used to get. Not only because we need them, but it keeps them away from Duke.
There is a reason they are going to duke, give it another week, it’ll come to light

If duke gets caught up in this scandal, which is likely from what I’ve heard, it won’t matter. Ever wonder why they all of a sudden started pulling cal type classes?
How is it that you've heard something that implicates Duke but it's not been made known to the media?

Reactions: westerncat
How is it that you've heard something that implicates Duke but it's not been made known to the media?
Same way I knew bama was tied into this and Colin Sexton wouldn’t see a second on the court this season. The fbi scratches, and they find trails, there’s a common denominator in this case. Nike. Michigan State almost got Bowen until they were ultimately outbid. Fbi knows about more then just reddishs’ meeting with Lebrons agent, and the Nike exec that was sitting inside not caught on camera. Give it Time, it will come to light

With all due respect this has a Duke smell all over it. He's as much a Dukie as Reddish. I never bought the Redddish to UK for a second. Barrett and Reddish will be hard to beat if that happens and I believe it will. Good new I guess is that we are in very strong with Williams. If we get Zion, Bol Bol, Williams and Quickley we would be able to match or overcome them.

Bout 2 weeks ago a very close friend and colleague of mine told me of a scandal coming that’s going to rock college athletics, mainly basketball. Said the focus is going to be on 2-3 players from Arizona, 3 from Kansas, 1 from Louisville, 1 from Alabama, 2 from duke, 1 from usc, 1-2 from auburn, and 1 from UCLA. Also said the downfall from the trails from these guys would implicate 2-3 more major universities. I know a lot of people on message boards hate guys like me, but just let this play out.

Bout 2 weeks ago a very close friend and colleague of mine told me of a scandal coming that’s going to rock college athletics, mainly basketball. Said the focus is going to be on 2-3 players from Arizona, 3 from Kansas, 1 from Louisville, 1 from Alabama, 2 from duke, 1 from usc, 1-2 from auburn, and 1 from UCLA. Also said the downfall from the trails from these guys would implicate 2-3 more major universities. I know a lot of people on message boards hate guys like me, but just let this play out.
I'd love for you to be right. Even sweeter than UL would be the monumental downfall of Duke and Coach K

Im not trying to be nasty here, just asking an honest question. Why wouldn't you share this after you heard this info ahead of it coming out in the media? It would have really given you incredible credibility right now. Again I'm not trying to be judgemental just wondering why it wasnt shared earlier.

Reactions: ib4ky
Duke is handing UK its ass in recruiting right now. Grabbing the top option at about every position. This rivals what Cal was able to do at UK from 2009-20013 or so.

Duke is the best recruiting school in the nation on 9/27/17. Cal needs to land Williamson, Bol, and either Grimes or Johnson.

Duke is handing UK its ass in recruiting right now. Grabbing the top option at about every position. This rivals what Cal was able to do at UK from 2009-20013 or so.

Duke is the best recruiting school in the nation on 9/27/17. Cal needs to land Williamson, Bol, and either Grimes or Johnson.

I'm really wondering if he can pull off both Grimes & Johnson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT