ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Sheppard Fantasy Camp

Oohh as if……Reed was so last year. 😂 On a serious note that makes me feel he is taking advantage of the BBN charging $2500. He can keep that trophy.

People will buy it though just because he's from KY and who his dad is.

giphy.gif

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Asking $2500 for a summer camp to hang with a great-yet-totally-unsuccessful UK player is a no-go for me.

You want to get that amount from me, you gotta accomplish a little more than he did.

When you think about it.. even guys like Bledsoe and Nick Richard's are higher on this list.. at least for me.

Asking $2500 for a summer camp to hang with a great-yet-totally-unsuccessful UK player is a no-go for me.

You want to get that amount from me, you gotta accomplish a little more than he did.

When you think about it.. even guys like Bledsoe and Nick Richard's are higher on this list.. at least for me.
Make an elite 8 at minimum and we'll talk.

Be interested to see who the other players are that are involved. Hopefully not just Jeff and Stacey.

I work with a guy who does a fantasy camp like this every year for a Major League Baseball team. He loves it - has developed friendships with a lot of former players.

$2500 sounds like a lot of money, but the experience itself could be pretty cool.

That's pretty ballsy and shows that the Sheppards - for all their wonderful attributes - probably don't have a solid pulse on BBN right now.

I mean, you've got to go pro if you're a top 5 pick. We all get that. We all wish you well.

But milking some last-second cash from a fan base that would have run through a wall for you, when you didn't even win one tournament game in the SEC or NCAA? And milking cash from a fan base that knows you're expressly leaving Kentucky to claim the cash as quickly as possible, in a league where you'll be making somewhere between $22 to $30 million in your first three years?

Hard pass. Bad optics, Sheppard Fam. Bad optics.

That's pretty ballsy and shows that the Sheppards - for all their wonderful attributes - probably don't have a solid pulse on BBN right now.

I mean, you've got to go pro if you're a top 5 pick. We all get that. We all wish you well.

But milking some last-second cash from a fan base that would have run through a wall for you, when you didn't even win one tournament game in the SEC or NCAA? And milking cash from a fan base that knows you're expressly leaving Kentucky to claim the cash as quickly as possible, in a league where you'll be making somewhere between $22 to $30 million in your first three years?

You nailed it.

Agree 100 percent. Another thought, we fans are being asked now to give money for NIL so that we can attract good players. And this family has the balls to ask us to give them 2k instead? I'm not sure I've been more disappointed in a former player.

Loved Reed but am honestly disappointed that he is asking that much for a summer camp. Will be interesting to see how many sign up, Just seems really tone deaf to me.
"I'm just a little boy from London, Kentucky, with a big dream...a big dream where I will be making over $100 million in my career (with $20 million guaranteed through my first three years); but where I also want to fleece BBN for more quick cash before I leave you all for a dream that none of you will share in. So instead of using your money to support the current players through NIL, or using that money to go to Omaha to support the baseball team, please give this little boy from Kentucky a little more cash before I leave you all in the dust."

Be interested to see who the other players are that are involved. Hopefully not just Jeff and Stacey.

I work with a guy who does a fantasy camp like this every year for a Major League Baseball team. He loves it - has developed friendships with a lot of former players.

$2500 sounds like a lot of money, but the experience itself could be pretty cool.
I'd go to a camp put on by guys like John Wall or Rajon Rondo. Those are guys who have competed on the highest levels and have a little mileage (and actual winning) to their teaching technique.

Last edited:
Had he come back and this was NIL related, he probably could have had multiple sessions for 30, 40, 50, and 60 year olds. I’d be hitting the treadmill and the drive way hoop getting ready.
There will people enter this thread who will defend Sheppard, and I get it; but if you decide to pass on being a legend by merely postponing your millions by one year, you also don't get to simultaneously milk the same fan base you decided to part ways with after a mere season without critique. It happened to be one of the most underwhelming postseasons in program history at that.

At an absolute minimum someone needed to look at this sales pitch and change the wording significantly.

He had his chance to live out his "College Basketball Dreams of Competing for a Championship" in March, and he played like a scared 12-year-old against a team that was lucky to even be in the tournament.

I don't blame Reed at all for grabbing the life-changing money and going into the NBA draft. But by doing so he sealed his legacy as a college player. That will always be choking as badly as any Kentucky player in history against Oakland, then walking away without making it right.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT