ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Pope Era - Staff & Roster

And you don't think Jeff gushing over and over about Mark and how great he is will have no impact in their decision?
Correct. He was asked point blank. And has been before. They are gathering info. If that info says he’s in the top 10, he’s gone. And he should be. If you gleaned anything other than that, you’re just grasping. Btw, that same scenario would’ve been the case if it were Drew, Hurley, or Shaka Smart.

He and MArk are great buds but would you want your son to turn down being a lotto pick to return?
The fact they’re lifelong buddies would/should cement Reed being gone if he’s projected lotto. Anyone that cares about Reed long term would want that. One single lotto contract and THAT family is set for life. That kind of money goes a helluva long way in the mountains.

Correct. He was asked point blank. And has been before. They are gathering info. If that info says he’s in the top 10, he’s gone. And he should be. If you gleaned anything other than that, you’re just grasping. Btw, that same scenario would’ve been the case if it were Drew, Hurley, or Shaka Smart.

Difference of opinion. I'm not going to argue with you about it. My perception was Jeff leaving door open moreso than closed. He also made another comment about seeing how good of a recruiter Mark is. Hard for me to imagine him saying that in jest with what is at stake.

The fact they’re lifelong buddies would/should cement Reed being gone if he’s projected lotto. Anyone that cares about Reed long term would want that. One single lotto contract and THAT family is set for life. That kind of money goes a helluva long way in the mountains.

Now that is a fair take/point.

He and MArk are great buds but would you want your son to turn down being a lotto pick to return?

Nothing against you but I don’t understand how it’s not understood that just money grabbing as fast as you can is not what the Sheppards are about and it’s not even guaranteed to be the best thing for Reed. Number 1 we don’t know know high he will go. These sites use click bait draft numbers, and there is way more to Reed anyway.

Reed will go pro anyway and he’s going to be rich anyway. If that family feels that it’s best for him to wait that’s exactly what he’s going to do. Next year in Pope’s offense, there’s no telling how much Reed can blow up. Kentucky status means every bit as much to them as anything else. This is not the University of Calipari and OAD mercenaries anymore. There’s not a chance Reed leaving is guaranteed. We no longer have a coach telling them to go, we have a coach selling him on staying.

It doesn’t matter how many times someone says it. Reed is not guaranteed to leave at all.

One thing that I find strange is when someone who’s not wealthy projects what they’d do onto a situation like this. That family is already rich, Reed is a God here, he stands to gain a lot by coming back, and his legacy would be something around the biggest fan favorite in our history. Now he can play for his dad’s best friend. It’s entirely possible Reed could be the governor one day if he wanted to.

It will be hard for him to turn that down just to get a little richer a litter quicker. The NBA will be there for Reed whenever he wants it. It doesn’t matter how good the draft is next year he wouldn’t drop much if at all.

The injury thing isn’t worth discussing it’s stupid and won’t play a role. Many God fearing people don’t look at life that way.

DJ Wagner is the son of a legacy player who has devoted his entire adult life in basketball to John Calipari.

It's literally insane to think DJ Wagner would come back to Kentucky.

What. Are. We. Doing?
Delusion is running rampant today. The cycle of the last 24 hours should be a case study.

Doesn’t Pope have a high profile recruit, Collin Chandler, returning from a mission trip?
I do believe I remember something like that, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he’s a real BYU kinda dude and would probably want to stay there for his value system. I wouldn’t mind him coming though.

Reactions: Farsight
Interesting to conjecture for now. How would you feel this would be Pope's staff and roster next year?

STAFF
Coach = Mark Pope
Asst. Coach = Best BYU guy
Asst. Coach = Derek Anderson
Recruiter = Nazr Mohommad
Recruiter = Rutgers or Baylor's guy
Special Asst Coach + PG Coach = Rajon Rondo OR Tyler Ulis

ROSTER
Reed Sheppard
Travis Perry
Big Z
Adou Theiro ( maybe get him back? )
Boogie Fland ( doubtful, but haven't heard from him yet )
Quantiance ( maybe we can lure him back??? )
BJ Freeman ( transfer )
Clifford Omoruyi (transfer)
BYU Guy 1
BYU Guy 2
Transfer 1
Transfer 2

STARTERS
Boogie Fland
Reed Sheppard
BJ Freeman
Adou Theiro
Big Z

Lets say for some wild reason this would happen. ( PROBABLY WONT )

Would this excite you MORE for next year?
The assistant coach Figuero sp? may be the one assistant coming. He was voted the most impactful assistant at the mid major level in D1. Pope also wants one of his administrative guys to join him.

Reactions: Farsight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT