ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Talks Rick Pitino

You son of a bitch, I’m in.
Rick And Morty Im In GIF

Count me in! He had me hook line and sinker the first go around with UK.

Can you imagine the story, imagine if he would win the SEC. Imagine if he would take UK to the final four again.

The 4 year bridge to the next potential long term Coach would be a heck of a ride and I'd bet we would see some great basketball and an energized fan base.

It is pretty funny to think about. We'd be the most whiplashed fan base of all time!

There are only two coaches that would excite the basketball world now at this point coaching at Kentucky

Pitino and Pearl

that's not to say they are the best choice, but they would get people excited about replacing Cal.

And for people saying "I can't believe we got rid of Cal to end up with ...insert coaches name you don't like.....

Cal left on his own - now he was prompted certainly, but everyone had already accepted he was back for another year except Cal

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Ok, I was laughing about this until he said Pitino might be "the only person capable of convincing national freshman of the year Reed Sheppard... to return for a sophomore season." I realized he's probably right about that.

But 71? Man, how much does Rick have left in his tank? I realize Rick Pitino would be one of the last guys many UK fans would consider but maybe (if we're at a point where we're getting desperate) we might see this as a stop-gap of sorts, a shorter tenure. Maybe only a 3-4 year stint before Rick retires. It really would be the story of the year for the 2024-25 season!
And Kentuckians love redemption! For the long term it’s best even to bring pitino back to the family.

The ONLY two hires at this point are Pitino and Pearl. Some of you may have to bite your tongue, but

1) both have something to prove
2) would take the job
3) can handle the pressure
4) yep, I’m saying it: both would win a title within three years.

It should be down to those two. As a Kentucky fan, you may need to swallow your pride if you want to start winning. Better face facts.

Reactions: dl51344
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT