ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling for Cal to make MJ eat his words

So, you add to the doom and gloom.
You call my post doom and gloom ? How ? I thought it was good light hearted humor, as did several others. But never happy Hals like you can't even stop and take time to enjoy some humor. I bet you are the true life of the party. Bet you sit in corner by yourself , scared to hit the dance floor because you might smile and enjoy yourself.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Maybe I’m just negative, but I’m not a big fan of the job Cal is doing, or of Matt Jones. I wouldn’t look to either of them for straight answers, or expect anything from them but self-promotional spin.

Sometimes they’re entertaining, and sometimes they’ll tell you the truth - but you might want to wear your waders just in case.

As for next year? Let’s see what the roster looks like. Let’s see how they play together.

I completely understand being down on the recent past. Understand if you don’t want to buy tickets or spend your money. But I’ll watch until they prove to be unwatchable. I’ll always give the players the benefit of the doubt unless/until they show they don’t deserve it.

That is the whole thing and a lot of posters are getting it twisted. I am not taking up for Cal in my post by burying my head in the sand. I know there are issues with the program. But what I will NOT do is just sit and harp on it 24/7. Nor will I blindly follow people who post negative shit after negative shit just to pile on. The worst part of it is when people make statements that are simply not true at all or post their opinion as fact. I know what Cal is capable of, I will remain patient, see where this roster ends up and what the season brings us. Now, if this season is subpar or another early round exit, then yeah after the season it may be time for that talk. Cal IS a great coach, it is very troublesome when our fans take the disappointment to the next level and turn it into pure hate and will not settle for anything other than firing Cal. Making shit up and the stupid names "Cow", lazy, stupid, etc. Just simply blows my mind how fans can spew all that bullshit that is 100% not true. The man is non stop on flights coast to coast, north and south recruiting. And the things he does outside of basketball doesn't get near the credit it deserves. I only bring up the humanitarian things because it obviously shows he Fn cares. He gains nothing from it other than showing he is a very caring person first and loves his players probably a little too much. Which brings up another false narrative of hate that NOBODY wants to play for him. Most of the kids LOVE Cal because they know he is a real one and will keep it 💯 with them. Bash away with the UK first, but without caring about the kids, none of the other stuff is possible, different day and times than 10-15 years ago. It changed up the politics and business side. JMHO though, I could be wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: bookerfan66
Getting a visit from Kaluma, out in public, only to then have him commit to K State before arriving for said visit, is not exactly the response to MJ/media Cal was looking for.
I can’t speak for others but I’m not saying Cal is blameless in some issues with the program right now …we don’t even have a full roster yet …let it play out …I’m willing to give him this chance with his top rated class and see what he can do …pulling for Cal to make MJ and whoever else eat their words

I can’t speak for others but I’m not saying Cal is blameless in some issues with the program right now …we don’t even have a full roster yet …let it play out …I’m willing to give him this chance with his top rated class and see what he can do …pulling for Cal to make MJ and whoever else eat their words
Time to focus your anger at the man who is really killing UK basketball.CAL.

Time to focus your anger at the man who is really killing UK basketball.CAL.
If we underachieve I will join you and the others no problem …right now we have no choice …I’m trying to keep a sunny attitude in the midst of storm clouds covering the entire sky 😊

If we underachieve I will join you and the others no problem …right now we have no choice …I’m trying to keep a sunny attitude in the midst of storm clouds covering the entire sky 😊
I think it will be tough to underachieve this year. I don’t think anyone is going to expect much.

I'm not defending Cal cause it's been very sub par. But it's getting quite tiring at every turn hearing Matt run down the basketball program. Did somethings need to be said? Yes, probably so. Are they true? Probably. But he said them and continues to pound them into to the pavement. "This has nothing to do with not coming on my show" is constantly said. Then why constantly remind everyone of it? Maybe I'm wrong in this opinion but this is what irks me.

Reactions: JST390-2
I think it's probably safe to say that Matt Jones would like that as well. These media types make more money when teams are good because more people are more interested. But as of now, it is what it is.

People have personal issues with Matt and it's weird. Nothing he said is false.

I'll be honest it's the way he carries himself is what I have taken issue with recently. His ego is huge. He is smarter than everyone else and knows better. If you have any type of different viewpoint he belittles it and tells you how wrong you are. Extremely arrogant.

With that said some of the things he alluded to on the radio are probably true. I don't disagree with him. I just wanna see if uses the same energy if things turn positive for us (like the Burkes commitment) If he does I'll gladly say he is doing both parts equally.

Got the whole nation thinking we are in shambles …I’ve pulled for UK since I was born and I’m not gonna stop …don’t care about what is or is not happening with the program right now
I too have been a UK fan my entire life and I will always pull for the Cats to win. It seems many on this board have had it with Cal and want a change. You don't. There is a reason. Your problem is that many more know the reason while you pledge blind allegiance to the coach over the well-being of the Program, regardless of how badly Cal is failing. That makes you a Cal fan first. I would say you mean well, but your priorities are all wrong. If you were a true UK fan, you would start with defending the program and demand better from the coach. You don't ... rather you decide to criticize those, in growing numbers, who see things differently than you. If we all lied and falsely claimed to support Cal, you might feel better, but Cal's malaise on this program would continue. At least, you would feel better. Is that what you want?

I too have been a UK fan my entire life and I will always pull for the Cats to win. It seems many on this board have had it with Cal and want a change. You don't. There is a reason. Your problem is that many more know the reason while you pledge blind allegiance to the coach over the well-being of the Program, regardless of how badly Cal is failing. That makes you a Cal fan first. I would say you mean well, but your priorities are all wrong. If you were a true UK fan, you would start with defending the program and demand better from the coach. You don't ... rather you decide to criticize those, in growing numbers, who see things differently than you. If we all lied and falsely claimed to support Cal, you might feel better, but Cal's malaise on this program would continue. At least, you would feel better. Is that what you want?
Go back and read the thread if you care too …I’ve already expressed my thoughts not gonna keep repeating …thanks for your take

It’s put up or shut up for Cal next season. He’s gone all in on young talent, while not getting any portal guys.

He will either win his way, while flipping everyone the bird, or crash and burn failing to adapt to this new era.

I wish Jones or someone that knows would define "toxic" as it relates to this. That's a strong word.

While I agree with Jones I will be exhilarated to eat crow .matt Jones is media and this is a message board. Would be pretty bland and worthless if we all just Repeated the company line .

Got the whole nation thinking we are in shambles …I’ve pulled for UK since I was born and I’m not gonna stop …don’t care about what is or is not happening with the program right now
I couldn't care less if MJ eats his words or not. I am just pulling for UK to get better and win more than 1 post season game.

As a side note I do find it interesting that a portion of the fanbase has turned MJ into the new Jerry Tipton.

I'll be honest it's the way he carries himself is what I have taken issue with recently. His ego is huge. He is smarter than everyone else and knows better. If you have any type of different viewpoint he belittles it and tells you how wrong you are. Extremely arrogant.

With that said some of the things he alluded to on the radio are probably true. I don't disagree with him. I just wanna see if uses the same energy if things turn positive for us (like the Burkes commitment) If he does I'll gladly say he is doing both parts equally.
This is what has done it for me too, for him and the show as a whole. His arrogance and prick factor used to be somewhat mild, but now it is unbearable. Also, a ton of the stuff they do and talk about just feels fake and very forced anymore.

This is what has done it for me too, for him and the show as a whole. His arrogance and prick factor used to be somewhat mild, but now it is unbearable. Also, a ton of the stuff they do and talk about just feels fake and very forced anymore.

I just feel like 99% of the time he is talking down to the rest of us. Like if it wasn't for him the rest of us would be too stupid to take care of ourselves. Then he gets on his soap box on how we need to treat people meanwhile interrupting and cutting off the next caller.

I just feel like 99% of the time he is talking down to the rest of us. Like if it wasn't for him the rest of us would be too stupid to take care of ourselves. Then he gets on his soap box on how we need to treat people meanwhile interrupting and cutting off the next caller.
100% without a doubt. He thinks he is a philosopher or something with some of the rants he goes on. Talk about letting the fame get to your head, sheesh.

Getting a visit from Kaluma, out in public, only to then have him commit to K State before arriving for said visit, is not exactly the response to MJ/media Cal was looking for.
Now that is funny. Cal didn't even get him to make it campus. Wonder if last year's miss against KSU (again!) had anything to do with it?
Seems to me that if you want to beat Cal, coach at Kansas St. or UConn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT