ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling for Cal to make MJ eat his words

Matty Bangs and his crew aren’t helping the situation. You’ve got Jones endless obsession with his floundering relationship with Cal and the program, Lemond’s “scuttlebutt” that raises questions about a players ability, Pilgrim insistent tweeting about recruiting/portal failures. It’s obvious that Jones is pushing a narrative that the program is failing under Cal and now other media outlets are picking up on the scent.

I’m not saying that Cal is without fault but he’s going to be the coach next season with some of the best talent that we’ve had since pre-Covid. It’ll be interesting to see who we get to fill out the roster.
Agree sir good post

Reactions: snapWojo
I hope the next coach that takes over UK whenever that is, takes no crap and is just as arrogant. You can’t give into every request from fans and boosters when it’s your career on the line. You have to be responsible for yourself, whatever path that leads you.

Matty Bangs and his crew aren’t helping the situation. You’ve got Jones endless obsession with his floundering relationship with Cal and the program, Lemond’s “scuttlebutt” that raises questions about a players ability, Pilgrim insistent tweeting about recruiting/portal failures. It’s obvious that Jones is pushing a narrative that the program is failing under Cal and now other media outlets are picking up on the scent.

I’m not saying that Cal is without fault but he’s going to be the coach next season with some of the best talent that we’ve had since pre-Covid. It’ll be interesting to see who we get to fill out the roster.
So you’re angry with Matt for telling the truth.

So basically you’re angry at Matt because he told the truth.
Not angry just hope Cal turns it around …I also think Jones went too far …for whatever reason which was discussed ad nauseam on the other thread …this thread is in support of Cal in hopes he has a comeback season

Reactions: snapWojo
Making the program I love and support look like a national laughingstock is not a lot of fun for me …pulling for Cal
I hate to break this to you, but it's your type of attitude what will prolong everything the ails UKMBB right now. You seem to be more interested in the "opinions" of others outside the program rather than our coach providing proper stewardship over the program. Those "outside" the program will never care more about UKMBB than those of us that are invested in its best future and well-being. I wish it were different but right now, Calipari is a poison on the program and changes are required ... not turning a blind eye. Cal could make the honest changes ... but has proven he's unwilling to do so. That's not acceptable.

Got the whole nation thinking we are in shambles …I’ve pulled for UK since I was born and I’m not gonna stop …don’t care about what is or is not happening with the program right now
Put on your flame proof knickers. Good post but you are not allowed to support the KY wildcats here. Only posts that gut John Calipari and trash the cats are welcome. Just pretend it’s a U6 site and you’ll fit right in.

Reactions: BBNinSC
Cal’s ability to recruit 5*’s and get them to the NBA after just one year at UK worked great for a few years. But, college basketball has changed, and other coaches have learned how to use the portal and NIL to put together good teams with talented older players (men, in other words). Cal needs to abandon his NBA mentality and quit worrying about making boys into millionaires if he’s able to compete for the best players in today’s college basketball. I don’t know if he can do that.

I’m not gonna call names but I get the feeling some of y’all hope things go south …I can’t do that
I do agree with this take in away, the kick them when they’re down mentality by our own fans or fans of other teams. You have some that just want football to be top dog at UK and would love nothing more than to have the basketball side of things to stay right where it’s at.
Not this guy, I’m a basketball fan all the way and happy for football to have success also but not at the expense of trashing our basketball team.

I hope the next coach that takes over UK whenever that is, takes no crap and is just as arrogant. You can’t give into every request from fans and boosters when it’s your career on the line. You have to be responsible for yourself, whatever path that leads you.

I agree with this. But i still hope that next coach is sooner rather than later because Cal has proven he’s no longer capable of doing this at a level befitting the top program in the sport.

We're going to be a team that shoots around 30% from three next year, riding the wave of a roster constructed around non-transcendent freshmen. At best, we'll look a lot like that 2018 team that was defeated by Kansas State in the NCAA tournament.
Lol three of the freshmen on the team were considered to be the top recruit in their class. You need to pump the brakes, I’m glad we are predicting how they will be without even seeing them play together…..

We're going to be a team that shoots around 30% from three next year, riding the wave of a roster constructed around non-transcendent freshmen. At best, we'll look a lot like that 2018 team that was defeated by Kansas State in the NCAA tournament.

And if we even manage to make the tournament, the Cal apologists will say that alone is proof he’s still got it or should still be the coach. We’ll lose no less than 4 of 5 starters again, and then 2 or 3 more rotation players but because we got back the 4th, 7th and 8th guys in the rotation, it’ll be more, “wait till next year” after we flame out in the 1st or 2nd round again.

There are already a few on House of Blue pushing that narrative. One of them said something to the effect of “every one leaving and a full program reset is what we needed” to defend the current roster situation.

I don’t hate John Calipari. I do find myself hating some of our fans that constantly spin and excuse his short comings and poor decisions.

I think MJ was right on with his take. If CCC’s ‘plan’ was to losing Reeves, Oscar, Livingston and CJ then supplement them with players that UK in most cases wouldn’t even consider??!! Then the program is in disarray. Reeves supposedly taking classes at Illinois State so he can transfer?? I mean……wow!!

Btw, with Reeves all but gone, we only return 4% of our minutes played. That is the worst number in the calipari era. His other two teams that returned less than 10% were 2013(8% and NIT) and 2021(6% No postseason).

I’d say there’s a better chance we miss the tournament than make it this season. The schedule is much tougher then the 2013 season too.

And if things start of kd bad, with Klutch calling so many shots, there’s a chance kids like Edwards and Bradshaw sit out to protect their stock. Klutch pulled this with the Jalen Johnson kid at Duke a few years back. If we struggle and it’s hurting Edwards stock they’ll pull him so fast it’ll make your head spin.

Making the program I love and support look like a national laughingstock is not a lot of fun for me …pulling for Cal
It seems Cal has become adept to stopping up his ears to the fan’s call to move the program in a more positive direction. Maybe him seeing his reputation tarnished on a national level will be more motivating.

Think most of us would like to see a change without going further south first. Not sure Cal feels that way though.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Pull harder, maybe you'll get his cart out of the ditch...

jpUkEvL.png

LOL MJ isn’t the one making the program look like a national laughing stock. You really think he has the national pull for that?

You’re placing your blame on the wrong person. The head coach is the one making us look the way we are.

With that said, everyone wants Cal to turn this around.

I'll take my chances with that over loser mentality upperclassmen who have become mercenaries for hire.
I'm not saying all transfers are undesirable but the majority of guys we've gotten lately haven't had winning attitudes.

LOL MJ isn’t the one making the program look like a national laughing stock. You really think he has the national pull for that?

Well I posted a link in the opening …all the way from NY …can give you more if you wish
The bottom line is my response not sure what happened

I don't know what's wrong with all of you. We are young, just give them time, let him recover from that injury, wait until the end of the season, there will be a tweak, and no one will want to face us just like the past several years.

• Angry
Reactions: catben and ukfan041
I don't know what's wrong with all of you. We are young, just give them time, let him recover from that injury, wait until the end of the season, there will be a tweak, and no one will want to face us just like the past several years.
Rinse, lather, repeat

Reactions: crestcat
Well...we are waiting for your answer.
Who is responsible for the current state of the roster and the program ?
Yeah I was responding to DanCat’s comment that MJ doesn’t have pull to influence national media …my original post was from NY and there are more national links picking up on the same story …I’m not getting into who’s fault it is …thread is in support of Cal hoping he can turn things around

Yeah I was responding to DanCat’s comment that MJ doesn’t have pull to influence national media …my original post was from NY and there are more national links picking up on the same story …I’m not getting into who’s fault it is …thread is in support of Cal hoping he can turn things around
Trouble is you know whose fault it is but like Calipari, you place blame at others. There isn't a fan on this board that doesn't want UK to win and Calipari to fix things but hell has a better chance of freezing over before John Calipari will ever admit any wrong or take responsibility for anything.
It's who he is, his ego is simply to big to admit fault and he won't change. We have seen this same song and dance over the last 4-5 seasons and the program is going downhill. Truth is it's time for new direction and it can't happen soon enough.

Look at the bright side, that would still be an improvement over the last three seasons.

Trouble is you know whose fault it is but like Calipari, you place blame at others. There isn't a fan on this board that doesn't want UK to win and Calipari to fix things but hell has a better chance of freezing over before John Calipari will ever admit any wrong or take responsibility for anything.
It's who he is, his ego is simply to big to admit fault and he won't change. We have seen this same song and dance over the last 4-5 seasons and the program is going downhill. Truth is it's time for new direction and it can't happen soon enough.
Yeah Cal’s not blameless for sure …but sheesh MJ making the school and program look very bad

Got the whole nation thinking we are in shambles …I’ve pulled for UK since I was born and I’m not gonna stop …don’t care about what is or is not happening with the program right now
It is the University of Kentucky and not the University of Cal. It is time for Cal to go no matter what happens this season or any other season. You should be pulling for UK to do well while coached by someone who has greatly outlived his ability/desire to coach. It is simply misguided to get upset with those who are reporting the destruction Cal has done and continues doing to UK. Without the reporters, I am not certain that we would know just how bad things are.

Last edited:
Yeah Cal’s not blameless for sure …but sheesh MJ making the school and program look very bad
WRONG!!!!!!!!! CAL HAS MADE THE PROGRAM LOOK BAD AND HE IS PRIMARILY THE ONLY ONE TO BLAME FOR THIS NIGHMARE!! The only other person to blame is the one who allows him to keep his job. You act like the problems exist because MJ reports them.

Last edited:
It is the University of Kentucky and not the University of Cal. It is time for Cal to go no matter what happens this season or any other season. You should be pulling for UK to do well while coached by someone who has greatly outlived his ability/desire to coach. It is simply misguided to get upset with those who are reporting the destruction Cal has and continues doing to UK. Without the reporters, I am not certain that we would know just how bad things are.
Yeah I’m not sure MJ knows all either …it’s quite obvious they had an ugly divorce …in the meantime pulling for Cal and the program

Reactions: catlogic15
CAL, CAL, CAL, &%@&^!! You have some real man-crush on Cal. Give it a rest already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT