ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling for Cal to make MJ eat his words

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida
Got the whole nation thinking we are in shambles …I’ve pulled for UK since I was born and I’m not gonna stop …don’t care about what is or is not happening with the program right now
Gotta admit the program has looked very bad for several years now and this upcoming season is looking like a disaster at the moment even with the #1 recruiting class coming in. I love the Cats too and will always cheer them on but tough to get excited for the season the way things look today. And Cal has to face the music and accept the responsibility for what has been happening. Has nothing to do with not supporting and cheering for the team.

We're going to be a team that shoots around 30% from three next year, riding the wave of a roster constructed around non-transcendent freshmen. At best, we'll look a lot like that 2018 team that was defeated by Kansas State in the NCAA tournament.
And I hope we win 20 games before the SEC tournament.

Reactions: EliteBlue
We're going to be a team that shoots around 30% from three next year, riding the wave of a roster constructed around non-transcendent freshmen. At best, we'll look a lot like that 2018 team that was defeated by Kansas State in the NCAA tournament.
Honestly ...I don't think we make the tournament under present roster.

I don’t know why ANYONE would complain about a media person telling the absolute truth. I mean let’s face it: it ain’t fake news!
Making the program I love and support look like a national laughingstock is not a lot of fun for me …pulling for Cal

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Just a poorly constructed team, overall. And, an even worse offseason, to this point. In addition to the lack of shooting, scoring in the post doesn’t look much better. We’re starting a FR PF who has never even played the position & might not have the skillset to handle it, on either end of the floor. Foul trouble or an injury would be devastating. And, he’s the only option there as of today. We don’t have a true 4 on the roster to replace him in case it doesn’t work out.

We don’t really have any sort of scoring threat at C, either. Even if we get Cyril. He’s a great athlete & physical specimen, who could be an elite defender & rebounder. But, his offense is even further behind UGO’s. Simply catching passes looks like a chore for him, at times, based on the film Ive seen, which I will admit is limited. But, from what I saw he can’t score outside of dunks & put backs & doesn’t have the best court awareness, yet. We don’t have to have an Olajuwon there, but, we need someone who is at least a threat.

It’s not looking good at all, IMO, unless drastic changes are made, soon. I’d like to see us add Mulcahy, Kaluma & at least one consistent shooter who has played CBB, before. We need shooting & some experience, in the worst way. If we go into the season with 7-8 FR, Thiero, UGO & 1 guy with CBB experience, just making the NCAAT will be an accomplishment, IMO.

Last edited:
In case you haven't noticed things have gone south and that's what people are complaining about.Don't blame your best friend if he tells you the truth about your wife cheating on you.
It’s one thing to complain …but it’s another to pull for your team to have misfortune …not saying you

I’m not gonna call names but I get the feeling some of y’all hope things go south …I can’t do that
You do realize we have have been steadily going south for several years now regardless of how many pom poms us fans wave, right?

If tearing off the band aid means a new coach and change, so be it.
Or do you prefer another decade of slow decline?
Will that show how much you love the program?

Lol, why would anyone want to start their beautiful weekend with the 1000th doom and gloom thread. It's almost like you guys have formed a help/support group. "Hi my name is Never Happy Hal. And I'm a doom and gloomer."

Hate to really ruin your weekend, but lean in I have something to tell you. CAL IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Sorry about that, but maybe soon you will thank me.

Lol, why would anyone want to start their beautiful weekend with the 1000th doom and gloom thread. It's almost like you guys have formed a help/support group. "Hi my name is Never Happy Hal. And I'm a doom and gloomer."

Hate to really ruin your weekend, but lean in I have something to tell you. CAL IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Sorry about that, but maybe soon you will thank me.
The intention wasn’t doom and gloom …I’m pulling for Cal to right the ship …nothing we or anyone can do …he’s gonna be here so pulling for him

Reactions: Kybluedude
Oh the one where PJ Washington played like an absolute man beast the entire game, and a ballerina from the FT line?

It's not just Matt saying it. Branham, Pilgrim, Tucker all alluding to the same toxic environment
Read a few articles in the last few days from different sports sites online and all seem to be saying the same thing.

Got the whole nation thinking we are in shambles …I’ve pulled for UK since I was born and I’m not gonna stop …don’t care about what is or is not happening with the program right now
We are in Shambles.

I hope Cal succeeds and brings us back.

I’m not anti-Cal—I’m just pro-UK. And I don’t think Cal is the best answer anymore.

I hope he makes me eat those words and wins it all.

You had Couch Cal at eat...

msAE0fN.png

If Cal won his next 90 games Jones still wouldn't be eating any words. He's talking about the present situation and he's not wrong. What happens in the future is what happens in the future. That's got nothing to do with what he said about the current condition. Stupid thread.

By the time Cal finishes this roster, I would imagine most teams would trade for UK's. Some you all are trying to construct your own NBA 2K franchise roster.

Reactions: JST390-2
We are going to be exactly like Arkansas this past year. Extremely athletic but teams will pack the paint in and dare us to shoot

Matty Bangs and his crew aren’t helping the situation. You’ve got Jones endless obsession with his floundering relationship with Cal and the program, Lemond’s “scuttlebutt” that raises questions about a players ability, Pilgrim insistent tweeting about recruiting/portal failures. It’s obvious that Jones is pushing a narrative that the program is failing under Cal and now other media outlets are picking up on the scent.

I’m not saying that Cal is without fault but he’s going to be the coach next season with some of the best talent that we’ve had since pre-Covid. It’ll be interesting to see who we get to fill out the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT